Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

I am just catching up on all this as I've had a crazy week.

I think merging Portland and Vancouver makes sense from a geographical standpoint. I'd be willing to forego some chances at new talent in the near-to-medium future to do this... I'm just throwing these out as examples, not saying I agree to any or all at this time but... forfeit draft picks, remove self from the lottery on new talent, etc.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's 22 people on the Portland roster. If the idea we go with is a merge, then I'd suggest each territory get one wrestler after Wahoo's Leg makes an initial selection of who he wants to keep (maybe have the initial save pick and first round draft pick of Portland automatically go to Vancouver?). Anybody left over after after everybody else has received a wrestler can either stay in the merged territory or be dispersed according to how Wahoo's Leg decides.

There's 22 people on the Portland roster. If the idea we go with is a merge, then I'd suggest each territory get one wrestler after Wahoo's Leg makes an initial selection of who he wants to keep (maybe have the initial save pick and first round draft pick of Portland automatically go to Vancouver?). Anybody left over after after everybody else has received a wrestler can either stay in the merged territory or be dispersed according to how Wahoo's Leg decides.

Yea that's pretty much what KrisZ said. Wahoos Leg can have first pick over who he wants to keep from Portland but he also has to provide at least enough people from the Portland roster and his own to give everyone 1 extra roster member.

Which really just means that Wahoos Leg needs to pick 18 people out of his roster and the Portland roster to put into the dispersal draft and he gets to keep the rest. So essentially he can take the top 4 Portland guys he wants right off the top and anyone else he wants from Portland he has to displace someone off his own roster to get.

Yea that's pretty much what KrisZ said. Wahoos Leg can have first pick over who he wants to keep from Portland but he also has to provide at least enough people from the Portland roster and his own to give everyone 1 extra roster member.

Which really just means that Wahoos Leg needs to pick 18 people out of his roster and the Portland roster to put into the dispersal draft and he gets to keep the rest. So essentially he can take the top 4 Portland guys he wants right off the top and anyone else he wants from Portland he has to displace someone off his own roster to get.

That's another way to go, but I don't know if having too many new people come in at the same time would mess up his laid out plans. Wahoo's Leg would be the one to know best in that regard.

Oh yesterday I learned from DVDVR's Wrestler of the Day that Sonny Two Rivers is actually Japanese wrestler Junji Hirata (Super Strong Machine) and my mind is still kind of blown that Stampede had a Japanese wrestler playing an "Apache Indian out of Oklahoma."

Not quite the same thing, but I remember in, I think, 1991 in the CNWA (small Indy that tried to take the place of Stampede after it folded) , they had a lot of the old Stampede crew working and the team of Gama Singh (from Pakistan) and Gerry Morrow (from Martinique) and they decided to take the oh so topical name of The Iraqi Hit Squad.

El Boricua you have inspired me to watch some of that giant 100 disc WWC set. I was just looking at the listings for the first few discs and man, they were giving Apollo a lot of TV time in 1983. I also noticed PERRO AGUAYO on my listings so I hope you will argue that he should be available to you.

El Boricua you have inspired me to watch some of that giant 100 disc WWC set. I was just looking at the listings for the first few discs and man, they were giving Apollo a lot of TV time in 1983. I also noticed PERRO AGUAYO on my listings so I hope you will argue that he should be available to you.

I would hope so, Perro Aguayo is the reigning WWC Junior Heavyweight champion.

I did not know that. I look forward to reading about him kicking people in the face in Puerto Rico.

What are your thoughts on where Rickin Sanchez is in the "wrestling show host" skills department? I have seen a lot of wrestling and a lot of different people in that role and he seems like he's in the upper echelon but I have only seen maybe 5-6 episodes of the TV.

If anyone cares, CrazyMax is doing this same thing right now and had their fantasy draft a few months ago. It's pretty interesting to take a look at the differences in where some people were drafted here vs. CrazyMax like Eric Embry not being taken until Round 14 over there. They had 7 less promotions and no freelancers so that skewed things a bit but it still has a lot of different results.

I would be fine with this.

On 7/12/2015 at 8:28 AM, goc said:

If anyone cares, CrazyMax is doing this same thing right now and had their fantasy draft a few months ago. It's pretty interesting to take a look at the differences in where some people were drafted here vs. CrazyMax like Eric Embry not being taken until Round 14 over there. They had 7 less promotions and no freelancers so that skewed things a bit but it still has a lot of different results.

Someone drafted Dean Malenko in round 6 of a 1982 draft so I can't take it seriously.