Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

That's ok JHawk. Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she's doing ok. Didn't mean to rush you on making your pick in the draft, just didn't know if everyone knew it was happening.

I sent out a PM to the first four people in the draft order after I made the thread. I would have done everyone but it would only let me send to 4 people at a time so I'll see how things play out before sending another.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a guy left in the Portland/Vancouver draft that I am STUNNED is still there. I was kind of hoping he'd go in the last few picks because he's too good for me not to take him if El Boricua doesn't but he's also so good that I'd have to give him something meaningful to do which would kind of disrupt my plans.

There is a guy left in the Portland/Vancouver draft that I am STUNNED is still there. I was kind of hoping he'd go in the last few picks because he's too good for me not to take him if El Boricua doesn't but he's also so good that I'd have to give him something meaningful to do which would kind of disrupt my plans.

I hope you do pick him because if he falls to MACW he'll probably be used as a jobber.

I hope you do pick him because if he falls to MACW he'll probably be used as a jobber.

Why would you want to use Rotten Ron Starr as a jobber? He's solid midcard. Could have a good feud with Scott Casey.

I know who you're referring to, but I'm in a similar spot where if I take him I have to come up with something for him to do and its just not a good fit at the moment.

I know who you're referring to, but I'm in a similar spot where if I take him I have to come up with something for him to do and its just not a good fit at the moment.

Well I'll just have to figure it out because the rest of the field was pretty much just going to be jobbers for me. I'm probably 2nd to Dylan as far as people involved with this who were high on Billy Two Eagles' talent but he has less value to Southwest than any other promotion due to the fact that he's been a jobber there already without a mask and with one.

Why would you want to use Rotten Ron Starr as a jobber? He's solid midcard. Could have a good feud with Scott Casey.

Not who I thought you were talking about, but I'll update to say he'd be used as a JTTS.

If Embry had been picked first, I would have pushed for Ron Starr to be our next pick, given what I decided to do with Embry. As it stands, though , Embry is a perfect fit for what I want. The Colonel's Army : Col. Buck Robley, Maj. Cal Manson, Eric Embry, Lord Humongous , "Wild" Bill Irwin and Billy Jack. Folks, I give you the scummiest stable in the history of wrestling. I was saying to CFCW, it's a shame there is no way I could work Mister Donnie into the mis.

You can't use other people's poor decisions as a basis for how to book your own talent though. I got a lot of good talent at the very end of the real draft while other people were taking pure jobbers.

Ron Starr was more talented than anyone in the dispersal draft not named Eric Embry. That doesn't mean I'm going to decide he sucks just because Carl Fergie went before him.

Wanted Eagles from the start because he can play two roles that work well with other guys we have.

Not going to push him at the moment because no need to.

But he's not going to be pure jobber material, so don't worry if I gave you that impression.

We know who we've got in him.