Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

I'll start a thread in a little bit for dates.

I think for champion bookings, it's important to know how Race is being used so that will be required when asking for a booking. You can PM me the idea instead of posting it if you want it unspoiled.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I sorta burned my out on this with the draft and roll out and then I jumped back into collecting and watching stuff for the GWE project.

I plan to update my results thread and post some TV in a few weeks. I might even come up with a kayfabe explanation for the absence.

I'll be honest, I sorta burned my out on this with the draft and roll out and then I jumped back into collecting and watching stuff for the GWE project.

I plan to update my results thread and post some TV in a few weeks. I might even come up with a kayfabe explanation for the absence.

That happens. If it helps, just go pared down (Cliff notes style) with the results and TV until you're ready to go again.

Going forward I am only going to post my TV and the results from my Saturday show in Waco & the Sunday shows in San Antonio. I am still going to run my territory like the shows on Tuesday-Friday are happening but since they are really just the same matches with the same results as the big HemisFair show on Sunday night I'm not going to keep posting the same stuff over and over.

It's not really fun for me to try and think up slightly different finishes with the same result 3 different times and it's probably not an enjoyable read either.

I think in general no one should feel pressured to do much more than TV and big shows, especially if it helps keep their interest level high.

And to anyone falling behind, remember all you need to do at the moment is a cliff notes results post with the option of filling in more detail later.

Thanks for the positive feedback from everyone who has commented on my stuff so far. This is actually the "boring" part of what I have planned out as I work to write out some old faces and bring in some new ones so if you guys like the "prologue" so far then things are only going to get better once I get to the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament at the end of the month.

I owe all of you guys an apology. Between work and social engagements, I've been absolutely swamped the last few weeks. No excuses, but, at the end of the day, I'll be honest and say that I'm going to choose going out over staying in and writing any night.

Now, that said, I'm still in this thing. Not going to lie and say that I'm going to wring out the two shows I 'missed', as I'm going to just work that into the reality of CSW, but I'll have my next show up on the day it's due.

So, yeah, basically, my bad, real life got in the way, but I'm not out of this yet.

Not looking for any drastic overhauls but if anyone has any constructive criticism on how to spruce up my TV format, I'm open to them. Sometimes I worry that it just feels like a big block of text.

I'm in this weird phase where I sit down to write my TV looking over my roster thinking "damn I really wish I had some more pieces" and then finish an episode and realize I couldn't even fit in everything I wanted.

I think it looks good. The only suggestion is that your matches should stand out as matches. Right now, they blend in with the interview segments. Maybe make the matchup a title instead of just a bold.

Example:

How it looks now...

Tully Blanchard vs. Scott Casey: They lock up blah blah blah...

Try this...

TULLY BLANCHARD VS. SCOTT CASEY - Southwest Title match

They lock up, blah blah blah......

I think it looks good. The only suggestion is that your matches should stand out as matches. Right now, they blend in with the interview segments. Maybe make the matchup a title instead of just a bold.

Example:

How it looks now...

Tully Blanchard vs. Scott Casey: They lock up blah blah blah...

Try this...

TULLY BLANCHARD VS. SCOTT CASEY - Southwest Title match

They lock up, blah blah blah......

Just made an edit to my last TV, let me know what you think.