Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to help out Wahoo's Leg starting next month. That's where I am here. Mid-south is awesome and I look forward to reading what rainmaker or lowblow does with it.

Also I will either try to keep goc from doing anything rash or egg him on depending on the moon.

Eh, he likes poking Parv to see if he can make him mad. There's a very simple solution to that problem.

Speaking of Parv, I think that while he can come off a little overbearing with the way he deals with Andre I agree with it. I think that same approach should be applied to Hansen, Brody and Abdullah. The reason Andre (and to a slightly lesser degree the other 3) was such a big boost when he showed up was very simply because he was viewed as unbeatable and him showing up was a huge deal because you wanted to see if your big star could beat him. Once he starts taking losses on spot shows to get guys over he loses all of his appeal. The reason you bring those guys in is to boost gates, not take falls for your main eventers. Once you start jobbing them out they no longer pop a big gate for you. The screwjob finish or pinfall your big name has to take is the price you pay.

Everyone has posted a ton of shows this weekend, I have a lot of reading to catch up on which is awesome.

I planned for the end of July to be light for me because I knew I had a hell of a stretch at work plus heading to the Ohio State Fair this week. My shows have been a bit late but I should be back to a regular schedule next week.

Well that makes it official then right?

If so, I have spoken to Beast and I will finish my commitment to JCP through the end of the month and Mid South will start fresh August 1st. If you have dates set with any Mid South talent, I ask that you please message me when they will be with you and what the return trade was.

I am pumped for this opportunity.

Mid-South still has a pick in the Vancouver/Portland merger draft if you want any of the 3 guys left. Also, assuming you don't change you TV taping dates from Wednesdays you have Mike Jackson from me for every TV taping for use as a jobber.

I am going to pull the trigger and take my name off the waiting list (which, at this point, means the list is empty). If for some reason CFCW decides to bow out (which I am certainly hoping he does not do, I am enjoying working with him), I would be interested in assuming full control of the AWA but for now, I am happy with my current situation and not interested in taking over another territory. I will let folks know if that changes.

Verne is very pleased to have retained the services of rainmakerrtv during recent shakeups in the wrestling world. As many of you know, Verne can be a difficult person to work with, but with rainmakerrtv handling booking duties and doing such an amazing job, it's allowed Verne to step back from always having to think about storylines and results and grow the AWA brand through unique mainstream promotions, innovative merchandise and new business partnerships that expand in scope beyond the world of wrestling.

You don't deal with me at all because I told you that you couldn't use The Fabs because you're continually an asshole to me when I never said shit to you or about you. Nice revisionist history though like you didn't bug me for dates on The Fabs before I told YOU I was going to work with ICW instead of you.

I'm also sorry it bugs you that I try and leave feedback on other people's shows. I'll be sure not to even open your thread again if it bugs you so much that I told you that you were doing a great job with Memphis.

We had a deal for the Fabs set in place and THEN you PM'ed me saying you were working with ICW so it wouldn't make sense so you were pulling the Fabs. That was the end of that conversation. That is true, not revisionist history.

I'm an asshole to you because I think your a crybaby. I'm not talking about commenting on others shows. I'm talking about making fun of people's picks, and just in general commenting on things like you have a fucking clue. Just run your shit shows and stop being some prick critic/elitist know-it-all

You don't deal with me at all because I told you that you couldn't use The Fabs because you're continually an asshole to me when I never said shit to you or about you. Nice revisionist history though like you didn't bug me for dates on The Fabs before I told YOU I was going to work with ICW instead of you.

I'm also sorry it bugs you that I try and leave feedback on other people's shows. I'll be sure not to even open your thread again if it bugs you so much that I told you that you were doing a great job with Memphis.

We had a deal for the Fabs set in place and THEN you PM'ed me saying you were working with ICW so it wouldn't make sense so you were pulling the Fabs. That was the end of that conversation. That is true, not revisionist history.

I'm an asshole to you because I think your a crybaby. I'm not talking about commenting on others shows. I'm talking about making fun of people's picks, and just in general commenting on things like you have a fucking clue. Just run your shit shows and stop being some prick critic/elitist know-it-all

You're also the dude who cried and threatened to quit because you messed up your dates for the NWA champion so go fuck yourself.

Guys, do the arguing in PM's.

If someone bothers you, stop interacting with them. This is a fun booking project for pete's sake.

Yes. Please, fuck it's a fun game.

Attack via PMs and leave this shit off the public board.

If you think two (presumably) grown men swearing at each other over fake wrestling is out of control, wait until you see what happened at a celebrity softball game in Winnipeg featuring several AWA wrestlers:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31248-american-wrestling-association/?p=5688059

(You'll also want to note the Chris Jericho cameo!)

You're also the dude who cried and threatened to quit because you messed up your dates for the NWA champion so go fuck yourself.

Sorry guys, but I'll end it with this. I didn't threaten to quit. I said "Will I have to threaten to quit like GOC"

If you think two (presumably) grown men swearing at each other over fake wrestling is out of control, wait until you see what happened at a celebrity softball game in Winnipeg featuring several AWA wrestlers:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31248-american-wrestling-association/?p=5688059

(You'll also want to note the Chris Jericho cameo!)

Did you just call wrestling fake?