Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

I don't even want to renegotiate those deals.

Ted and Murdoch coming in for August was setup before we started. It's just too much commotion to keep track of if every time someone drops out, the deals have to be worked over. Default should be they stay and if new booker wants to be a dick, he cancels.

I agree with this, why would someone agree to take over the promotion and then be a dick about previous deals?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if LowBlowPodcast takes over he's probably going to do what he has been doing and run daily shows which is a vast difference from what dkookypunk was doing. It's not about being a dick. I don't think it's fair to tell him he HAS to do it. Just send him the dates already agreed upon and ask him if it's cool and go from there.

The default should be that the deals stand and if nothing else is said they stand.

I'm not doing legwork reconfirming. Up to new booker to look at his dates and if he wants to cancel and piss off existing bookers, that's his deal.

How is he supposed to look at his dates? You're the one who has them.

Ridiculous that you are going to throw such a fit at the mere suggestion that you send him the last of dates you already have worked out just to confirm. How is he supposed to know who he is on what dates if you don't?

Ridiculous that you are going to throw such a fit at the mere suggestion that you send him the last of dates you already have worked out just to confirm. How is he supposed to know who he is on what dates if you don't?

Stop egging him on. It's very reasonable to assume deals are still in place, why would anyone be such a dick in this friendly game?

I never said that they are off by default! How is it NOT unfair for the guy in Mid-South to not even be told what his existing deals are? How is he supposed to know who he has and when?

You know this is going to happen how? We know Derek is not going to talk to Punk to get the low down of everything before hand? You know he's not going to look through the trade deals or do anything?

Sure he might just start booking without consulting anyone, but I know I wouldn't and most others wouldn't either. I'm sure if he sent out a request for info on all current deals Parv would be happy to give it to him.

Not my problem.

How is this not EXACTLY what you are talking about? I'm sorry if you're reading this with "I hate goc" glasses on or something but all I've said is that he should send the new booker a list of the dates already worked out so he knows what's up.

The info is not that hard to find: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31219-world-wrestling-federation/?p=5687805

Ted DiBiase - 5 dates

Dick Murdoch - 4 dates

JYD - 1 date

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31255-dates-on-andre/

July 6th - MSW

July 16th - MSW

October 15th - MSW

October 19th - MSW

+ 3 more dates on Andre.

I think it should be up to the person who has the dates listed because they are on the other end of the deal to communicate with the person who takes over in this case. It's not renegotiating, it's just common sense that you let the person know that there was an agreement in place for wrestler(s) to be with you on certain dates. I'm guessing that most will be pretty flexible as far as letting their guys go wherever on one shot dates and the like. It may take some discussion on extended stays, but booking around guys being gone for a day or two isn't superbly hard.

I have no dog in this fight, I just thing it's ridiculous that goc sticks his fucking two cents in on EVERY TOPIC IN THE GAME! Him telling parv he's ridiculous for dropping if those deals don't stay, yet he was the first to cry about not getting the promotion he wanted and almost dropped before the game even started.

This is why I don't deal with him at all and, with the exception of a couple of people, don't deal with appearances and loans.

You don't deal with me at all because I told you that you couldn't use The Fabs because you're continually an asshole to me when I never said shit to you or about you. Nice revisionist history though like you didn't bug me for dates on The Fabs before I told YOU I was going to work with ICW instead of you.

I'm also sorry it bugs you that I try and leave feedback on other people's shows. I'll be sure not to even open your thread again if it bugs you so much that I told you that you were doing a great job with Memphis.

Re: previous deals being made.

I honestly don't care either way how this goes down, however now that I know goc was working on a deal with Mando I'm willing to work with him to come up with something that works for both parties. Honestly, there are many guys I've loaned out for nothing in return simply because either the exposure for the worker is good or I simply don't need a replacement for that period of time, while other deals (Dory and Brisco working both WWA and WWF, Zbyszko and Andre for specific dates) make better sense.

I'm pretty sure most people here will be willing to work with anybody on previous deals. If not, then just don't work with that person when they come asking for Andre

My first question is whether Mid South is officially open, yes or no? If it is open, I would love to step in with that roster and take control.

If it is open, I will definitely speak with Beast and discuss our plans moving forward.

If someone has dates that are set for Mid South talent (WWF and others), I simply ask for your dates so I can make a plan accordingly. It is not my spot to ruin someone's plans, but simply send me a message and all will be worked out.

I'm 99% sure that if you want Mid South it's yours unless rainmaker wants it. My feeling would be that he was an assistant first and therefore would have first dibs. Failing that, I don't see why it wouldn't be yours. I'm not sure where Matt D falls on this one, which would be the wild card.