Pro Wrestling Only

Dean Ambrose Am I missing something?

Hegs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you are saying. I often look at WWE and wonder whether or not they possess a calendar. They regularly schedule shows on the same day, at the same time as events that are much more popular and will thus over shadow whatever happens on WWE.

That's a fluke though. You have no idea when you schedule the PPV that you're going to have a hot Game 7 the same night.

I get what you are saying. I often look at WWE and wonder whether or not they possess a calendar. They regularly schedule shows on the same day, at the same time as events that are much more popular and will thus over shadow whatever happens on WWE.

That's a fluke though. You have no idea when you schedule the PPV that you're going to have a hot Game 7 the same night.

Right. These shows are booked for those arenas and dates far, far in advance. That's like saying the NBA playoffs in 1994 should have known that OJ was gonna do the White Bronco chase.

Every year the NBA finals lasts from early to mid June. It isn't inconceivable for WWE to book their June PPVs on the last Sunday of the month.

Same goes for other sporting events. WWE atleast has the wherewithal not to book PPVs during the superbowl or NFL conference championship games, why not have that much attention to detail for other events?

If anything, Dean should be able to finally breathe some new life into the title scene and picture due to having decidedly different motivations as a character than Rollins (which was pretty standard for a WWE heel) or Reigns (which was pretty nonexistent). A little anarchy is really what the promotion needs after a very sterile 2015.

Every year the NBA finals lasts from early to mid June. It isn't inconceivable for WWE to book their June PPVs on the last Sunday of the month.

Same goes for other sporting events. WWE atleast has the wherewithal not to book PPVs during the superbowl or NFL conference championship games, why not have that much attention to detail for other events?

If it was a four game sweep we are not having this conversation.

Baseball's postseason lasts the entire month of October, should the WWE not do an October PPV because it may conflict with a hot baseball game(s) and a potential hot NFL Sunday night game?

Has anyone talked about how ridiculously poor the WWE handled this happening on the same night as the biggest sports story of the year, if not the decade?

...to Clevelanders at least, it's like having Hogan slam Andre on the night John Lennon was shot.

First, don't compare this to how to handle events in light of tragedy. If that Monday Night Football Game had one of the more iconic finishes in NFL history (yeah I know non-scripted but go with me) no one would care either way that it was the night Lennon was killed.

Second, you are being a bit hyperbolic there. Story of the year? Okay, I can give you that, but calm down with the decade aspect. Especially if it turns out LeBron leaves after next year anyway. And even so, does it matter? What if it was Atlanta or Toronto and Portland or Oaklahoma? The WWE wasn't going to change plans when the Cavs and Warriors clinched their conferences because it promised to be a widely viewed series.

Has anyone talked about how ridiculously poor the WWE handled this happening on the same night as the biggest sports story of the year, if not the decade?

...to Clevelanders at least, it's like having Hogan slam Andre on the night John Lennon was shot.

First, don't compare this to how to handle events in light of tragedy. If that Monday Night Football Game had one of the more iconic finishes in NFL history (yeah I know non-scripted but go with me) no one would care either way that it was the night Lennon was killed.

I'm hoping you're saying that no matter what happened on MNF that night, the only thing that anyone would remember from that date was John Lennon being murdered. Cause Jim Brown and Joe Namath could have come out of retirement to play while Johnny Unitas got fucked in the asshole by Frank Gifford drinking a beer from a cup made from Brian Piccalo's skull on the 50 yardline and the only thing people would care about from that night was John Lennon being murdered.

I'm hoping you're saying that no matter what happened on MNF that night, the only thing that anyone would remember from that date was John Lennon being murdered. Cause Jim Brown and Joe Namath could have come out of retirement to play while Johnny Unitas got fucked in the asshole by Frank Gifford drinking a beer from a cup made from Brian Piccalo's skull on the 50 yardline and the only thing people would care about from that night was John Lennon being murdered.

Ouch, yeah I meant the NFL action wouldn't matter. I blame being on my mobile device.

Point was suppossed to be that tragedy and dramatic social/political/cultural events are still tragedy and dramatic social/political/cultural events and will obviously trump whatever happens in simple entertainment outlets.

It is all pretty clear. See HHH and Curry are pretty good friends. Trips has been smarking curry up a bit by taking him to PWG, NXT, and Evolve shows. he even apparently sent him some Progress DVDs. What's more, word is he has been in Curry's ear about how Reigns isn't really that good for over a year now. Consequently, Curry hates Reigns. That is why he threw two games to force a game 7. He wanted to overshadow his main event and further the narrative that Reigns can't draw. Word going around from unconfirmed, nonexistent sources is that Curry was heard telling teammates that he was "tired of Reigns being shoved down the fans' throats" and "Reigns can't wrestle" recently while wearing an old school ROH shirt. But he didn't know that HHH booked the venue strategically so it would align with game 7, hoping that they could derail the Reigns hype before Summer Slam

HOWEVER, HHH and Curry didn't know that LeBron and Ambrose have an in-state rivalry that dates back years. When James got word at halftime that Ambrose was going to cash in he refused to let Ambrose one up him. This motivated him to make sure Cleveland won so that no mainstream outlets would cover Ambrose. Apparently Vince is the one who had the information leaked to LeBron when he conceded to having Reigns drop the belt in the first place. See Vince knows about the political hit out on Reigns wanted to exploit the Ohio-based-beef between the two mitigate the buzz around Reigns losing AND the failed drug test.

So you see it isn't that the WWE was stupid for making the change on the night of the big game, it is that the big game might have never happened in the first place without Reigns being the polarizing character that he is.

Second, you are being a bit hyperbolic there. Story of the year? Okay, I can give you that, but calm down with the decade aspect.

clearly someone here hasn't been exposed to enough "God Hates Cleveland" or "The Factory of Sadness" from the mainstream media.

similar position to DMJ (Cleveland expat here) but this is absolutely monstrous in general. remember when the Red Sox finally broke the curse? this easily trumps that, even.

EDIT: i assumed we were talking specifically about sports here. if this was supposed to be biggest news story in general, then OK i'm with you

Who remembers when they put the title on CM PUNK in Chicago the night of the Breaking Bad Season Finale and the NBA Playoffs? Biggest match in recent history with Punk against Cena in Chicago and Punk's future up in the air. Or the fact that for 25 years their flagship show runs against Monday night football for 4 months of the year? They regularly do this sort of thing. It is as if they are oblivious to the fact that there are other forms of entertainment. Twice they've had Wrestlemania on the same night as the GOT season debut. Also Wrestlemania always seems to fall on the same weekend as the Final 4. Tell me which event gets more coverage that weekend?

Who remembers when they put the title on CM PUNK in Chicago the night of the Breaking Bad Season Finale and the NBA Playoffs? Biggest match in recent history with Punk against Cena in Chicago and Punk's future up in the air. Or the fact that for 25 years their flagship show runs against Monday night football for 4 months of the year? They regularly do this sort of thing. It is as if they are oblivious to the fact that there are other forms of entertainment. Twice they've had Wrestlemania on the same night as the GOT season debut. Also Wrestlemania always seems to fall on the same weekend as the Final 4. Tell me which event gets more coverage that weekend?

Just heard a story from a former WWE writer who was watching Richard Pryor. Vince walked by and asked what he was watching. When informed it was a comedy show, Vince asked him why he just didn't watch WrestleMania instead?

You see, you can get sports, comedy, drama, and everything else in wrestling, so watch anything else?

• 1 month later...

I have only watched part of it (still need to finish it) but by "behavior" you mean he sounds drunk and disoriented then yeah. But most of his talking when not in a ring cutting a promo sounds like that. It seems there are a million things going off in that head of his and it is a struggle to get it out in a clear way. But that is one of the charms about him.

if anything is going to get him in trouble, it is him trashing Brock Lesnar in his WM match as lazy and not willing to cooperate one bit