Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2016

Death From Above

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprise for the finish but I did like that it came down to HHH and Ambrose, and not Roman at least.

A really fun Rumble overall. I enjoyed this show a lot. I'm not huge on the finish BUT I cannot name a single finish I'd have been huge on, so that's par. The rest of it was a lot of fun.

That's the first full WWE show I have watched in a while.

-Holy smokes that crowd was dead. Even when they were "hot" (Styles coming out, Ambrose vs HHH) it was so weak. There was no heat at all for HHH vs Reigns, just apathy...they weren't even booing Reigns that hard. Just dead.

-Michael Cole and JBL are so terrible it boggles the mind. Screeching, annoying, they sound so bored. Cole would just read off his script. Terrible.

-Reigns is not good. No way will he ever be a permanent ace. He just can't be. He had to lie in the ring all last year, this year he took off for half the match but he spent the beginning just lying around. He isn't good enough. You could see it vs HHH, Reigns just doesn't have the presence that someone like HHH, Brock, or even Owens has.

-Reigns is not good. No way will he ever be a permanent ace. He just can't be. He had to lie in the ring all last year, this year he took off for half the match but he spent the beginning just lying around. He isn't good enough. You could see it vs HHH, Reigns just doesn't have the presence that someone like HHH, Brock, or even Owens has.

Reigns is great and when you remove him from the bullshit surrounding him, he's capable of putting on awesome matches and connecting with the crowd. You make him look like an idiot, a weakling and have him be eliminated CLEANLY by the evil Authority and yeah, nobody is going to give a shit. Once again, we're told that HHH is the only guy that matters so of course he's going to look like a star.

Man, I dunno if Triple H main eventing Wrestlemania is gonna break their attendance record? I don't really mind Triple H winning but he definitely didn't look like he could go anymore to me. He looked... old and broken.

There were some cool spots in that match though. Nice to see how over Styles was. They didn't really let him show much though. I assume he'll feud with Owens now? That could be fun.

- Brock's elimination was awful and didn't even seem to fit the rules of the match? Wasn't he tossed out by three previously eliminated dudes? For those debating it, match died with Brock's elimination.

- Ambrose as the last man would have been better if he didn't have the IC title.

- Smark bar crowd cheered the HHH win and threw a roomful of crotch chops. The moment prepared me for the possibility of a Trump presidency, so not a total loss.

- Never bought into the idea of a full-scale Roman assassination conspiracy and still don't, but all must bow down to the king and it happened again tonight. Reigns wins overblown epic at Mania, gets Orton-sized pop, ice caps keep melting.

Yeah that is the biggest issue is that they made Reigns look like a complete bitch. if they think he is going to get this huge babyface reaction at WM winning the belt then I don't like his chance

They are really booking Reigns like he is a heel but the problem is that he is supposed to be John Cena 2.0

Man, I dunno if Triple H main eventing Wrestlemania is gonna break their attendance record?

I think you are underestimating how powerful the mere name of Wrestlemania is as a pop culture brand that extends way further than anything else in wrestling.

Granted, I could be proven wrong. But I honestly believe some people are underestimating how powerful "Come be part of THE BIGGEST WRESTLEMANIA EVER" will prove to be as a marketing tool pretty much regardless of the card.