Pro Wrestling Only

Post here when you turn in your ballot!

Loss

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have a ballot in on the final day. Sadly I didn't get to participate much in the nominees discussion and I have grabbed what time is available to view old footage in between work and study for a career change. Pretty much set on my top 50 but after that it really depends on what footage I can squeeze in between now and deadline. It has certainly been fun though!

I wonder if, with so many people voting who did not participate heavily in the discussion threads, we're in for some big surprises with the results?

Tanner has Generico in his Top 10 and he never made a post about it. I mean, he was my #23, but there are going to be some guys that place ridiculously high on some people's ballot and their thread might have minimal discussion.

I don't know how the votes are being totaled, but I doubt me voting Masaaki Mochizuki at #10 guarantees him a spot in the final 100. I'm an outlier in that sense.

Both of mine are in, I wish I would've had a little more time to watch some footage on a few guys. Some shoot guys like Maeda and Takada, who I did vote for, and also some more Lucha stuff, which has always been hard for me to get into, although I did enjoy the few El Dandy matches I watched. Plus El Hijo del Santo is pretty dang good and Rey and Psicosis are both awesome. I will say, I'm more than likely the high vote on a certain '80s and '90s icon however, brother!

I just submitted my singles ballot (I just go back and edit right?).

Feel like I've been through a war and come out the other side. I wasn't planning on adding any comments, but when I was submitting I found a sentence for anyone that was "my guy" or whom I felt I might be the high or only voter for. So after all of this struggle, I finish it a little brighter by writing effusive words of praise for my favourite wrestlers. So that was a weight lifted.

Just submitted my ballot.

I know a lot of other people feel like a weight is off their shoulders, but if I'm being honest I'm actually a bit sad. This feels like a real chapter in my fandom closing. Obviously I am not going anywhere, and will still be a part of the scene to one degree or another, but this does feel like the end of a era to me on a personal level that is hard to articulate fully.

Very excited to see the results and other full lists. I'm especially looking forward to talking to my brothers both of whom submitted their ballots yesterday. We discussed things throughout but we had a strict no spoiler discussion when it came to looking at each others lists, or even discussing major specifics of where we might rate people until we had put our ballots in.

Posted!

Be ASTONISHED if I'm not the only person to include Survival Tobita, at the expense of literally hundreds of people who are far more talented in the conventional sense.

Because pro wrestling is a performing art and Tobita is the equivalent of underground outsider D.I.Y music. Pro wrestling gives me so much pleasure precisely because of its diversity and I honestly find his shtick so much more inspiring, cathartic and fun than, say, HBK's.

If anything I feel like my inclusion of someone like that is representative of the fact that the one takeaway I have from this process is that, just like when ranking music, films or any other form of art, trying to reach for anything approaching objectivity is largely futile and, I think, somewhat undesirable.

I didn't have time/energy to go into any further reasoning on the voting form, sadly. Just seemed like an even more gargantuan task after finally having managed to list everyone.

This whole process has been a pleasure to be part of and I'd like to thank everyone who has facilitated it. Awesome job. :lol: