Pro Wrestling Only

Post here when you turn in your ballot!

Loss

Just submitted my ballot.

I know a lot of other people feel like a weight is off their shoulders, but if I'm being honest I'm actually a bit sad. This feels like a real chapter in my fandom closing. Obviously I am not going anywhere, and will still be a part of the scene to one degree or another, but this does feel like the end of a era to me on a personal level that is hard to articulate fully.

Very excited to see the results and other full lists. I'm especially looking forward to talking to my brothers both of whom submitted their ballots yesterday. We discussed things throughout but we had a strict no spoiler discussion when it came to looking at each others lists, or even discussing major specifics of where we might rate people until we had put our ballots in.

I, too, am sad to see this project end. It was a lot of fun.

I think it'd be fun to always have some type of PWO project going on at all times. Maybe not on the GWE scale, but something.

Of course, I don't have the time or ambition to coordinate anything, but I thought I'd plant the seed :)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballot is in. I really regret not joining in discussions and just lurking, but I really appreciate the inclusiveness of this project - encouraging ballots is a really good thing and should lead to some interesting results, and perhaps more of us lurkers joining in the post-result debate.

The process has led to me watching more in order to put together a list, but I think it has also inspired me to keep watching more widely. My list feels a little more like a jumping-off point than a conclusion. I now want to fill in more gaps from those who didn't make my 100 and watch more of guys that are further down the list. So thank you for that!

I'm really looking forward to the discussion, number-crunching, podcasts etc to come over the next month or so...and thanks again.

Turned in a tag ballot.

I pretty much ignored the existence of this whole project, knowing it was a daunting task that I didn't have the time for. I just recently heard about the tag team poll and out of sheer boredom at work, I pulled down the list of nominees yesterday & it didn't seem too bad to narrow that list down. So I'm strictly going on my experience & knowledge of having watched wrestling for 32 years rather than rewatching a bunch of footage. I tried to be all inclusive in how I defined "greatest" as I tried to factor in work, drawing power, longevity, level of importance of their careers & promotions they worked for, etc. I had quite a few tweets in the last 24 hours as I tried to work thru some of these debates. I ended up using work as a tiebreaker in some instances since that seems to be the original intent of this. But I have a list I'm pretty happy with. The top 8 or so were pretty much no brainers & the bottom 5 or so I swapped around a lot. Lucha teams certainly got the shaft as well as teams that weren't together long enough to make an impact. But I had to draw the line somewhere. Interested to see the results.

Posted!

Be ASTONISHED if I'm not the only person to include Survival Tobita, at the expense of literally hundreds of people who are far more talented in the conventional sense.

Considering I nominated Tobita and caped for him a little, prepare to be astonished. He was on my ballot and I know that at least one other poster slotted him in at 100. Tobita will have at least three votes, which is sort of hysterical.

Just turned my ballot in. I bet if I looked back at it in the morning, I'd move everything around but I'm going purely off gut instinct with where I'd rank guys with the last 5/10 being a smattering of personal favourites to round the numbers out. Might crack a Tag ballot off in the same way.

Posted!

Be ASTONISHED if I'm not the only person to include Survival Tobita, at the expense of literally hundreds of people who are far more talented in the conventional sense.

Considering I nominated Tobita and caped for him a little, prepare to be astonished. He was on my ballot and I know that at least one other poster slotted him in at 100. Tobita will have at least three votes, which is sort of hysterical.

Wow, that delights me no end. I knew you had nominated him but I remember thinking that perhaps you had nominated him to make the point about the wild diversity of wrestling as a medium but weren't necessarily going to actually vote for him. That's great.

I have a feeling some people will accuse those of us who have voted for him as being somehow ironic but that couldn't be further from the truth. If anything its a somewhat ideological pick for me, ensuring that even the most off piste, D.I.Y, oddball extremes of the medium are acknowledged as just as valid as any other kind of style. Pushing that kind of criteria wont appeal to everyone, and I understand that, but that's fine.

18 months and about 2,000 matches later I've submitted my balot. This was an incredible project I've loved it so much, watched more wrestling than at any time in my life while simultaneously almost completely losing track of what's happening in current wrestling.

Couldn't put Natsuki*Taiyo on my list despite the fact that she's awesome and nobody will vote for her now.

​There were 121 nominees that I didn't get to at all, didn't watch any matches from since the start of this project, there's probably a few of them that were great and could've made my list but alas I only had 18 months

Ballot's in.

I wanted to add comments and recommended matches to a lot of guys, but I just don't have the time to do it this weekend. Either way, this has been a great project and I'm glad I participated. Because of how I am with my hobbies I tend to go for months on end without watching any wrestling at all, but for the last four/five months I've watched a metric ton of stuff to try and come up with a ballot I'm happy with. I was even inspired enough by Dylan to deep dive back into joshi again over the last couple weeks, and I'm glad I did because I wound up really enjoying a bunch of what I did watch, more than I've enjoyed joshi in a long time. I'm kind of annoyed with myself that I never did the same sort of deep dive into Euro/British stuff, though. That's the one real glaring blind spot on my list. Maybe for 2026.

My ballot is complete. My final cuts were Ms-1, Perro Aguayo, Steve Williams, Dan Kroffat and Ron Starr. I really wish I could have included them. There were a few guys I wound up voting for at the last minute that I didn't think would make my ballot. This was harder than I thought it would be.

Posted!

Wow, that delights me no end. I knew you had nominated him but I remember thinking that perhaps you had nominated him to make the point about the wild diversity of wrestling as a medium but weren't necessarily going to actually vote for him. That's great.

I have a feeling some people will accuse those of us who have voted for him as being somehow ironic but that couldn't be further from the truth. If anything its a somewhat ideological pick for me, ensuring that even the most off piste, D.I.Y, oddball extremes of the medium are acknowledged as just as valid as any other kind of style. Pushing that kind of criteria wont appeal to everyone, and I understand that, but that's fine.

I won't deny that part of my nomination of him and eventual vote was to offer proof of a larger point, but I think my vote is valid. If someone asked me "what is so great about wrestling?" I wouldn't just show them great matches or great wrestlers, I'd try and show them each facet of this bizarre art that I love. Tobita is so bizarre and so different from what anyone would think about when they think about pro wrestling. To me, he has a spot. He pushes the form forward. That's all we can really ask as observers, critics and fans.

Just turned in my ballot and had a he'll of a time doing it. Was cautious at first but listening to the podcasts definitely helped. Tim bringing up the subjective point solidified some of my top picks and I had to stay true to guys I've watched. If anything, doing this list has helped my love of wrestling grow because now I know there are so many greats I have to check out. I couldn't justify voting for someone I've seen very little of so there are some heavy hitters I'm missing. Overall, very fun

Ballot submitted. I enjoyed reading all the comments and regret not posting more myself. Going through my list, just about everyone after the top 15 ended up much higher than I thought initially when sort of ranking these guys in my head. Some guys were actually shockingly high and guys who I thought would struggle to make my list made it with plenty of room to spare.

Mine is in.

It is now 3:45 am my time, and I have to get up for work in less than two hours. But I knew I wouldn't have time to vote before the deadline (why is opening day for the Toronto Blue Jays the same day as Wrestlemania?) and I wasn't going to let this deadline pass without submitting a ballot. Looking forward to the results. Now I am going to have a nap.

So, the Cricket World Cup is going on, and I suddenly realised HOLY SHIT I HAVEN"T TYPED IN MY BALLOT!

Well, at least something good came out of India not making it to the finals. I can now fill the form in relative comfort.

Finally put my singles ballot in as I turned my tag one in weeks ago. I wanted to put match recommendations like I did for the tag, but I just ran out of time for that. Especially with a 100 guys it seemed a little daunting.

Can't wait for the results.