Pro Wrestling Only

The Project's General Discussion

Grimmas

Been kicking round an idea to give my guys more dates as it does not seem very realistic that they are making enough to live on with 1 booking a month, My idea is to run foreign tours around the world, like for example how world wrestling all-stars did in the 2002 using mainly former WCW and WWF talent which would come from my roster and hopefully being able to borrow former WWF and WCW guys from other tier D promotions.

This shows would not be branded OVW shows for obvious reasons and the show reports not go into great length,

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been kicking round an idea to give my guys more dates as it does not seem very realistic that they are making enough to live on with 1 booking a month, My idea is to run foreign tours around the world, like for example how world wrestling all-stars did in the 2002 using mainly former WCW and WWF talent which would come from my roster and hopefully being able to borrow former WWF and WCW guys from other tier D promotions.

This shows would not be branded OVW shows for obvious reasons and the show reports not go into great length,

Sounds fun. OVW type shows in Austrailia!

Also, remember there is, in theory, promotions in England, Austrailia, Mexico, and smaller indies running as well where your folks are picking up dates. It's just those results are not widely distributed.

Due to a lack of time as I have taken a second job and have 2 children under the age of 4, I am finding it hard to do this project justice. I have only written highlight shows so far. If any of the indies feel they could give the USWA more attention, I would have no problem with them taking over the weekly USWA show and I would drop to the monthly indie show. If not, I will continue to do the best I can.

Before I get deep planning this, is it cool if MTW starts airing a cheap weekly studio show? It would be a 60 minute show every weekend but only feature 2-3 matches. It would all be taped one day in studio and then aired over the month so all talent is only being paid/used for that taping day and the "arena" show every 4-6 weeks. Basically I need a way to keep doing the same type of profiles and vignettes but in a more serialized format and YouTube won't be invented for another decade.

Due to a lack of time as I have taken a second job and have 2 children under the age of 4, I am finding it hard to do this project justice. I have only written highlight shows so far. If any of the indies feel they could give the USWA more attention, I would have no problem with them taking over the weekly USWA show and I would drop to the monthly indie show. If not, I will continue to do the best I can.

Whatever you need man.

I'm a little sleep-deprived (it's four in the morning), so I may have missed so things when proof-reading Fall Brawl. For some reason the BB code on the site had a tantrum, so I had to go through the whole thing, getting rid of it all and re-doing it in the rich text editor. It took hours (evidently). Ugh.

I'm a little sleep-deprived (it's four in the morning), so I may have missed so things when proof-reading Fall Brawl. For some reason the BB code on the site had a tantrum, so I had to go through the whole thing, getting rid of it all and re-doing it in the rich text editor. It took hours (evidently). Ugh.

So frustrating. My laptop if I hit backspace at the wrong time with back out of the page and I will have to retype everything!

By the way two more shows posted for FMW. The stories of the round robin tournament are starting to emerge.

went the "quickie results" route to get caught up on my promotion. Still... shit gets real. Let me know what y'all think

Loved it, btw. Left comments.

Put up tomorrow's FMW show early (well probably about right for a Japan show), due to busyness tomorrow. One night left in the Round Robin section of the tournament!

Phil Dean of Thunder Fire Bomb Review is still waiting for a tape of the 9/26 FMW show. Once he gets it, a review will be out.

To truly represent 1995, he shouldn't get that tape till December. :)

Tape arrived yesterday, so review coming tonight!

I am fearful that All Japan may end up being let go. No real excuse, but the 1983 WWF project has got a majority of my time, even with just results and the one major angle, I don't know how much can come in the long run to make it worthwhile for the readers and justifiable of the effort.

That is completely understandable. If anybody wants to take over AJPW, feel free (if Derek is done). If not, we will make a plan for what to do.

Same for me. Like I told gordi in private, my workload is increasing and the 1983 Project is very important to me and I don't want either 83 or 95 to pay for that going forward so I'm working with gordi right now for him to takeover New Japan. I'll keep reading though because this is a really cool project. Sorry to everyone again.

So.. to clarify AJPW has a new booker. NJPW & M-Pro merged to form a new promotion? USWA is dead, unless someone picks them up.

Do I have the NJPW/M-Pro thing right?

USWA dispersal draft will happen if nobody picks them up. NJPW/M-Pro need clarification on exactly what is happening, they might have to much talent?