Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/29-9/4

Strummer

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst finish since the Fingerpoke of Doom. Nothing means anything anymore except the Pedigree. Just put the fucking belt on him. If that was HHH as a face then fuck this company. I'm going to let it play out. Everything is salvageable if this was a heel move but yes that is the worst finish since the Fingerpoke in my opinion.

Wow people really like Kevin Owens. The reaction to the end has been overwhelming positive to the point that no one cares it was all about HHH again.

Worst finish since the Fingerpoke of Doom. Nothing means anything anymore except the Pedigree. Just put the fucking belt on him. If that was HHH as a face then fuck this company. I'm going to let it play out. Everything is salvageable if this was a heel move but yes that is the worst finish since the Fingerpoke in my opinion.

To play devil's advocate, I don't think it is necessarily HHH's fault if he gets cheered/encouraged for this. Modern crowds have completely diluted the face/heel dynamic and will love anything that gives their favorites a push.

I was really enjoying the main until Haitch came out. If they had let Owens beat Rollins or Reigns clean that would've felt more legit. I'm not surprised Owens won it was between him and Rollins. Reigns is in a feud for the US title, and Cass is way too green as a solo act. I thought Reigns was by far the best guy out there, and a heel run with the belt would get over huge. Of course a heel champ Reigns might threaten Steph and Hunters top heel spots.

Trips acting like NXT's godfather and giving one of his babies the title is different. In some ways. Who cares. Give me Owens vs Zayn at Mania, and I'll be happy. Wait, is Owens the first WWE champ from Montreal ? He should speak French now and feud with Cesaro (who speaks a few words himself).

Trips acting like NXT's godfather and giving one of his babies the title is different. In some ways. Who cares. Give me Owens vs Zayn at Mania, and I'll be happy. Wait, is Owens the first WWE champ from Montreal ? He should speak French now and feud with Cesaro (who speaks a few words himself).

Stan Stasiak was from Quebec but not Montreal

We're going to need an update on Jim Cornette, since he's probably on suicide watch right about now. I can only imagine what his @mentions on Twitter are going to look like.

Why? You know Cornette booked him as a top guy in RoH right? You also realize he never said Steen sucked but that he needed to lose weight and stop cussing in his promos if he wanted to be a bigger star? Both of which happened when he joined WWE although he seems to have gained back all the weight he lost in NXT.

Ivan Koloff was from Montreal, though.

No, actually, Chris Benoit was the first WWE Champion (well World Heavyweight Champion) from Montreal. He relocated to Edmonton with his family when he was 11 or 12 I think.

Ivan Koloff was from Montreal, though.

No, Ivan Koloff worked in Montreal early in his career and is a French Canadian but he was born in Ontario.

So I noticed there was nary a peep from the "people who dislike Steph are misogynist troglodytes" crowd after that promo with Heyman. Never mind that the whole build to the brand split was that the McMahon kids want to destroy each other, now we're supposed to believe either Steph now suddenly wants to avenge her brother or this is some big long con and she really wants Brock to destroy him (because Steph is the sun and the moon and all good things come from her).