Shodate banned?

Jetlag

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received some complaints and looked into it and thought they were valid. The difficulty in reading his posts and the chip on his shoulder made it apparent to me when I looked at his posting history. Are there reasons I should reconsider? I'm open to listening.

I didn't notice any chip on his shoulder and I could read all of his posts, in fact he seemed more reasonable when debating then some regular posters. I found it very poor that some users would get up and mock his posting style.

No. He was a very poor gimmick poster. And probably a fraud too.

Any fraud who comes forward and pimps a bunch of under the radar 90s joshi is more than welcome to continue his shenanigans in my book.

Example: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/41350-akira-hokuto-toshie-uematsu-vs-kaoru-kiyoko-ichiki-gaea-11997/&do=findComment&comment=5836662

Great match. Would probably never have watched it if it weren't for his post.

To me, it all hinges on whether or not he's actually Japanese. If he's a fraud then obviously he should be banned. If he's not, we generally see Japanese wrestling (and lucha) from a foreigner/outsider's perspective - I'm very curious to hear how the actual audience views this stuff.

I suppose he did get his back up rather quickly when challenged, but some of the challenges were rather intemperate too.

I do not know if he was a gimmick poster or if that is how he actually types English in general, but I felt he was always respectful and open to discussing his arguments, even if I felt some of his opinions were strange as fuck. He certainly seemed inoffensive and I do not think he was breaking rules or detracting from the discussions we have here.

To be perfectly clear and considering my post earlier, I want to state I did not complain about him nor asked for any ban. My answer just came from the fact that once it had been done, why bother, really, considering the case...

I was thinking. Maybe he's Vanes Naldi.

Speaking of, anything we could do to get some new blood pumping into the forums? I know we attract a certain sort of wrestling fan, but having at least a little bit more activity wouldn't be a bad thing. Not saying I would ever want this place to turn into wrestlingforum or Reddit or anything but a couple new knowledgeable faces would certainly be welcome.

Speaking of, anything we could do to get some new blood pumping into the forums? I know we attract a certain sort of wrestling fan, but having at least a little bit more activity wouldn't be a bad thing. Not saying I would ever want this place to turn into wrestlingforum or Reddit or anything but a couple new knowledgeable faces would certainly be welcome.

I've seen this place mentioned in other spots like Reddit on r/squaredcircle but the general feeling I see from most is that a lot of the perception of people involved here come off as elitist and snobbish(although that's really not true a great majority of the time in my experience).

I've tried commenting and inviting others but have never gotten any takers to my knowledge who show up and join just due to how some of the more recognizable members like say Bix who writes for Deadspin get referenced in their comments.

When his articles and tweets are posted every now and again on Squared Circle, he mostly gets flack for how people perceive him with some of his opinions and thoughts but really in all my dealings with him here in conversation even when on opposite sides of discussion have always found him to be knowledgeable and friendly.

I really don't know what could be done to boost some new blood in which is a shame because I've learned a ton from the discussions had here since I've joined and I think there are other passionate fans who would be the same if they realized how good a crew most are on this forum with the amount of knowledge and resources shared.

I think most people who are passionate about a particular subject are snobbish about it to a degree. If you spend a ton of time and effort trying to develop your views and expand your knowledge base, it's easy to fall into the trap that your way of viewing things is not merely correct but obviously so and that differences of opinion are rooted in ignorance or bad faith. It's something Meltzer and his critics have both been guilty of.

As for shodate, I haven't been able to detect much of a chip on his shoulder. His views may be pretty off-the-wall, but I haven't seen him come across as excessively combative or disruptive.

I never complained about him, after reading his posts in the rape culture thread and now turning up with another list that he makes up on the fly in the 2000 PWO2K forum I wish I had.

wanting to complain cause my views are different to yours and i dont make my lists up im doing a llst year my year in the 2000's the doing by decade list i make list every year like most people do

I thought/think shodate is a troll account, but he hasn't really done anything that steps over the line and makes me think/wish he'd get banned and I don't know why anyone would report him, honestly. That's kinda lame.

And about this place -- I love it, honestly. I really dig the diverse opinions and being a fan who stopped following wrestling for about 8-9 years and just recently feel back into it, this board is a great resource. Stuff like the PWO2K and the endless lists of MOTY and must see matches, etc. have been great as I've been able to go back and watch some stuff and find new stuff I've never seen before.

I would love if there was more activity on here (even though there already is quite a bit already).

I never complained about him, after reading his posts in the rape culture thread and now turning up with another list that he makes up on the fly in the 2000 PWO2K forum I wish I had.

wanting to complain cause my views are different to yours and i dont make my lists up im doing a llst year my year in the 2000's the doing by decade list i make list every year like most people do

Read my fucking post again. I wanted to complain about you BEFORE your comments in the rape culture thread, and my reasons for wanting to complain had nothing to do with your views. Idiot.

Grimmas has got the right idea when it comes to you.