Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

I can't believe TNA still sticks with Mike Tenay as their #1 announcer. I guess if you want him to stick around on Xplosion that's cool, but he's been ruining their main show for YEARS. I don't know who should replace him, but they should be cycling guys on Xplosion constantly until they find someone to replace Tenay.

Why? Dr Mike does a good job, he knows the current product and its history so he carries a certain amount of credibility with his words. TNA have far more pressing issues than to fix something which isn't broken.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like TNA won't return to Universal Studios for a while. http://pwinsider.com/article/82600/tna-imp...tudios.html?p=1

It's amazing that even though the odds of the road tapings being a success weren't good, TNA didn't bother making a backup plan. Now they're going to keep losing money on road tapings when their main priority should be to cut costs and try to break even.

There must be a point where Bob and Janice finally say, "Enough is enough! No more funding!"

There's lots of rumours circulating the past 24 hours to add on to previous ones that Jarrett is starting up his own Promotion. Announcement of which might be made today.

Konnan said on his new podcast that Jeff Jarrett told him he's going to make an announcement this week on his new project. He says Jarrett said TNA are in really bad shape and he doesn't know or doesn't care if they see the year. Konnan pretty much says Jarrett is starting a new promotion up with Toby Keith.

Meanwhile, Jarrett released a birthday video on his Twitter account (https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/) for country singer John Rich, featuring messages from, among others, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles and Tommy Dreamer:

http://vimeo.com/83395363

Jeff certainly seems to be buttering up these Country musicians.

Karen Jarrett is very excited going by her Twitter the past few days posting inspirational and countdown type tweets.

Jeff has also over night changed his Twitter usename from @JeffJarrettTNA to @RealJeffJarrett.

There's also a theory going around that Jim Ross is involved as he tweeted he meant with Toby Keith. A fan then said he saw Tody Keith and Jeff Jarrett hang out together around the same time as that meeting.

Anyway if this comes off this is probably the last time big money will be put behind a Southern Wrestling promotion or have the involvement of someone that has links to Memphis Wrestling. As WWE continues to define what Wrestling is in terms of presentation (non-serious, endless authority figures etc) and production values.

When WWE is changing their pay-per-view model, it also makes that particular revenue stream even more challenging for a secondary promotion. TV rights fees and going really old school and trying to draw on the road by running a full schedule is the only shot a #2 promotion has to be viable, and that's going to be tough too.

If they hire Russo, they deserve to fail. Sadly, I can't think of anyone who would be the right person to set the vision though.

Rob Naylor and Eric Bischoff doesn't sound like a bad team.

Obviously, the only way to go is with the booking committee of Jarrett, Ross, Meltzer, Naylor, and Bill Dundee.

So am I crazy or is TNA doing a fairly good job of introducing the fairly unknown guys they've given new gimmicks to recently? They've done a solid job with Spud and Ethan Carter III, but so far I love Samuel Shaw's preppy sociopath/rapist/serial killer gimmick. Shaw's good at being creepy and they've done a great job at the little details from his clothes to his entrance music sounding like they're trying to rip off "Goodbye Horses" (the song Buffalo Bill dances to in Silence of the Lambs).

I can't really tolerate most of TNA but it seems like they're doing a good job transitioning into their role as a cheaply made TV-only product.

This guy? Seems less serial killer, more "afraid to ask popular girl out to the prom". Creepy is the camera guy in this skit near the end.
The ECIII guy is okay if really generic. The only good thing about him when he was Derrick Batman was his valet, Maxine.

Honestly, I want the old TNA back. It was so fun to watch them throw so much shit at the wall despite none of it ever sticking. So much better than watching them die a slow death.

This guy? Seems less serial killer, more "afraid to ask popular girl out to the prom". Creepy is the camera guy in this skit near the end.
The ECIII guy is okay if really generic. The only good thing about him when he was Derrick Batman was his valet, Maxine.

Honestly, I want the old TNA back. It was so fun to watch them throw so much shit at the wall despite none of it ever sticking. So much better than watching them die a slow death.

Dying promotions are my kind of stuff. Maybe I should try it. This guy is pretty creepy.

This guy? Seems less serial killer, more "afraid to ask popular girl out to the prom".
Hmm? It's more or less a Patrick Bateman gimmick.

I know. I'm saying he's doing it poorly. When he's staring at her, it doesn't come across as him thinking about all of the terrible things he wants to do to her, but like he's nervous that he's going to be turned down for a date.

I came across an old match that Bateman had against Ryback. I think they could have something if they push him as "All Natural" Ethan Carter III. Kind of like a Scott Steiner for 2010 and beyond.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This guy? Seems less serial killer, more "afraid to ask popular girl out to the prom".
Hmm? It's more or less a Patrick Bateman gimmick.

I know. I'm saying he's doing it poorly. When he's staring at her, it doesn't come across as him thinking about all of the terrible things he wants to do to her, but like he's nervous that he's going to be turned down for a date.

I actually got a Ryan Gosling in "Drive" sort of vibe from him, in addition to a Patrick Bateman style gimmick.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the story/rumor that TNA was named as such so people would buy it thinking it was a skin flick? It gets pointed out here (kinda).

Aside from Russo's strange choice of insult, it's a somewhat uncomfortable promo. It's like they wanted to outsleaze the Trish dog barking promo.

Early, early TNA is so awesome in how awful it is. Usually because of Russo too.

Swears! and clean shaven Vince Russo.)