Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly believe that TNA has no ideas outside of power struggle angles and company take over angles. Mike Foley was the mystery TNA investor. until the Immortal angle. TNA went into a little break and then kicked in the A&E angle. Now they are back at the mystery TNA investor angle. Amazing. In 4 years they hit the same two angles TWICE each and wonder why their ratings are down. Rewind a couple years back and JJ ran the same angle two years in a row himself.

TNA won Worst Promotion in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards this past year for the seventh year in a row, with Impact winning Worst Wrestling TV Show for the sixth time in seven years (their streak of five straight years was broken last year when they inexplicably won Best TV Show for some reason). In addition, Aces and 8's won Worst Gimmick for the second year in a row, and Tazz won Worst Announcer. At this point, they are just padding their stats as Worst Promotion in History. :)

I was just wondering the other day "who is booking TNA?" Russo got tired of Bischoff and Hogan and left, then Bischoff & Hogan left too. Bruce Pritchard got fired, Jeff Jarrett quit his own company, Terry Taylor's been gone for a long time. I guess it was really only a matter of time before Dixie tried to get Russo back.

I was just wondering the other day "who is booking TNA?" Russo got tired of Bischoff and Hogan and left, then Bischoff & Hogan left too. Bruce Pritchard got fired, Jeff Jarrett quit his own company, Terry Taylor's been gone for a long time. I guess it was really only a matter of time before Dixie tried to get Russo back.

That doesn't surpise me at all. Who else is there for TNA to try to get? The only options I'm coming up with are Russo or going full WWE style and trying to get TV writers.

As if they needed any help to win Worst Promotion for an 8th straight year, Mike Johnson is reporting today that many people inside the company believe Russo is back.

Mike said that last week too but it got no traction. Meltzer seems to be looking into it too. Proving Russo is back seems to be internet reporter sword of Excalibur this week.

The run in tastic main events and in particular the misogynistic Austin Aries-Chris Sabin-Velvet Sky angle seems to be the biggest indicators on screen. Dave Lagana supposedly sending out feelers to ROH and WWE/WWE Network is another.

TNA won Worst Promotion in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards this past year for the seventh year in a row, with Impact winning Worst Wrestling TV Show for the sixth time in seven years (their streak of five straight years was broken last year when they inexplicably won Best TV Show for some reason). In addition, Aces and 8's won Worst Gimmick for the second year in a row, and Tazz won Worst Announcer. At this point, they are just padding their stats as Worst Promotion in History. :)

Impact winning Best Show was sort of a fluke, as more than ever that particular year the half dozen or so WWE shows split the WWE vote. To a lesser extent, it's hard to remember but Impact was actually pretty decent for like two months that year during the Austin Aries chase to the title storyline, so it gave the hardcore anti WWE contingent a limb hang on to vote something different.

Impact winning Best Show was sort of a fluke, as more than ever that particular year the half dozen or so WWE shows split the WWE vote. To a lesser extent, it's hard to remember but Impact was actually pretty decent for like two months that year during the Austin Aries chase to the title storyline, so it gave the hardcore anti WWE contingent a limb hang on to vote something different.

Impact was actually pretty decent in the beginning of the year and had some good matches but it seemed to go down hill after they came back from the UK trip.

I still think ROH TV was probably worse. It had no direction, no iPPV's to build to, promo's for shows that had already happened and looked like a giant mess, which is apparently was backstage.

• 2 weeks later...

From this week's WON: Jeff Jarrett & Toby Keith were close to finalizing their purchae of the company, but it fell apart when Bob Carter insisted that as part of the deal they had to retain Dixie with some input into the new company and as a TV character. I respect putting family first, but wow. Why not just find another way to use family money to take care of her?

From this week's WON: Jeff Jarrett & Toby Keith were close to finalizing their purchae of the company, but it fell apart when Bob Carter insisted that as part of the deal they had to retain Dixie with some input into the new company and as a TV character. I respect putting family first, but wow. Why not just find another way to use family money to take care of her?

Clearly they feel they haven't lost enough money in the venture yet. Why Jarrett & Keith wouldn't say fuck it & just start fresh is beyond me. One would think Keith knows enough media types to score a deal on a low-rent cable channel.

Dave was "forced" to write that as Court Bauer said it. Apparently Dave told Court that in private.

Dave was "forced" to write that as Court Bauer said it. Apparently Dave told Court that in private.

Can you explain further? Perhaps I missed the Bauer pod where he went into detail on it.

Can you explain further? Perhaps I missed the Bauer pod where he went into detail on it.

Not extra detail. It is what I said Court said it on the prior week's Bauer and Pollock podcast.

Saw this posted on Wrestling Classics and figured I would put it here as well since it was already out there.....

Details On Jeff Jarrett And Toby Keith Almost Buying TNA, How Bob Carter Turned Them Away

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The expected wrestling promotion with Jeff Jarrett and country music star Toby Keith is said to be a long way from happening. The partnership came together when TNA was for sale and Jarrett went through his Nashville music industry connections trying to put together a bid to buy the company. The deal was reportedly very close at one point.

Bob Carter came to Keith to finalize the deal and the two sides were close on a price, although they were not quite there. The belief is they were going to hash it out but Carter only had one request in selling, which was that Dixie Carter would remain with her title, have some power in the company and remain a TV character.

Keith said he wasn't going to buy the company with any creative limitations so the deal actually fell apart because Bob Carter in the end was going to protect his daughter. Someone in TNA close to the situation said, "That's why we all are still here," noting if it was about business, TNA would have never survived after the big move to primetime TV and the Hulk Hogan debacle failed to stop the company from losing money. At that point, the feeling was from Keith and Jarrett that they didn't need to buy the company as they could start their own.

When this story got out within TNA, those who believed Janice Carter's memo about not selling realized they had been had.

Regarding Jarrett and Keith's promotion, one person with knowledge described it as being in step 1 of a 10 step project and that it would likely be late this year at the earliest before it's off the ground.