Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

So Eddie Edwards always does a "spit bump" in his matches where he gets the spit knocked out of him after taking a big shot. Well tonight on Impact he took an elbow from Magnus and did his spit take, and spit directly into Davey Richards' face. What's even more amazing is that the only thing Davey sold properly the whole match was getting his eyes spit in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is the appropriate thread since it is such a TNA thing to do...

Jeff Jarrett is calling his new wrestling fed... Global. Force.

Copied from the Observer site...

JARRETTS UNVEIL NEW WRESTLING PROMOTION Global Force Wrestling: Join The Force!

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (April 7, 2014) After weeks of speculation and unprecedented internet buzz surrounding the hashtag #ItsComing … IT IS HERE!

Legendary performer and third-generation promoter Jeff Jarrett and his wife, Karen, are set to unveil Global Force Wrestling (GlobalForceWrestling.com), which promises to be the most fan-interactive and immersive wrestling experience in history.

“Because of new media, new technology and more ‘in-tune’ fans than we’ve ever had, wrestling is poised for another boom like it experienced in the mid-1980s and late 1990s,” Jeff Jarrett said. “What we’re going to deliver is a multi-platform, innovative brand that will engage fans in ways they’ve never experienced. It will provide a fresh perspective inside the business that fans have been clamoring for.”

Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.

“Jeff was born into this business,” Karen Jarrett said. “It’s his life’s passion. He saw a unique opportunity to fill a need in professional wrestling, and he has tirelessly devoted himself physically, mentally and emotionally to doing just that.”

Videos of the Jarretts previewing the new promotion attached to the hashtag #ItsComing have garnered more than a million views. Meanwhile, Jeff and Karen have been searching the United States and the international ranks in search of undiscovered talent. The response has been overwhelming, with more than 400 performers from across the globe already in the evolving GFW talent database.

“The reality is we want to build a brand in which fans are watching our wrestlers evolve from day one and are truly invested in the lives of our talent in and out of the ring,” Jarrett said.

Global Force Wrestling expects to make several more key announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

Global Force Wrestling
[email protected]

She was introducing him and he backed her into a corner, got on the second rope, and gyrated in her face. She tweeted that he hadn't discussed it with her in advance and was outraged, but backed off shortly after. I'm pretty sure Aries refused to apologize.

She was introducing him and he backed her into a corner, got on the second rope, and gyrated in her face. She tweeted that he hadn't discussed it with her in advance and was outraged, but backed off shortly after. I'm pretty sure Aries refused to apologize.

Punk bitch move by Aries. Probably why he'll forever be an indy guy.

I think that at some point in time, people need to realize they are in the entertainment business. The fake outrage over the incident was second only to JR's 'mistreatment' in WWE. The crying wouldn't have been that loud if Aries did it to JB.

Christy Hemme being a part of the creative team means nothing. Why? Because whether its Vince Russo, Dutch Mantell, Dave Lagana, Big John, Cornette, Bischoff, Hogan, or Conway...its always the same shit. Same presentation with the goal of the company to have no identity outside of being WWE-lite. TNA also has a long history of stopping people out backstage who start getting their stuff over and/or have any ideas that can help the company not come off as bush league. Hemme will be off the team in 6 months if she starts working on KO angles that draw bigger ratings and more heat than anything the men do. A new member on the team, I wonder if that means the 3-5 authority segments will drop? What about the MNW TV tropes? We shall see what she brings the table and see if there is any change to the status quo or if its business as usual.

In 2006, I gave Russo until BFG. I think its only fair to do the same with Hemme. 6 months. I don't know much about her personality, so it will be hard to pin-point what she directly had an influence in creating, but if the company as a whole is in a better creative spot in 6 months, then it will only be fair to give her her due.

TNA isn't consistently good or anything like that but I don't get the argument they're WWE light anymore. For better or for worse, it feels like its own thing.

- Authority Figures

- World Title as the main focus of the show while every other title is treated as secondary

- HOF ceremony before the 'biggest event of the year'

- Bro Metal

- Big screen and ramp combo

- cribbing big WWE/WCW angles and running them.

TNA doesn't feel like a different company. It doesn't look like a different company in a lot of cases.

TNA isn't consistently good or anything like that but I don't get the argument they're WWE light anymore. For better or for worse, it feels like its own thing.

- Authority Figures

- World Title as the main focus of the show while every other title is treated as secondary

- HOF ceremony before the 'biggest event of the year'

- Bro Metal

- Big screen and ramp combo

- cribbing big WWE/WCW angles and running them.

TNA doesn't feel like a different company. It doesn't look like a different company in a lot of cases.

The company that tapes TV on a soundstage and in smaller arenas doesn't look different from WWE?

TNA has a completely different storytelling and production style from WWE even if it isn't very consistent, quality-wise. Different in-ring style. The Mike Knox short films aren't completely out of place on Impact but would be on Raw.

BillThompson might have the better summation, though.

The Knux stuff and the DSLR filming is the only real difference. I know they are in a soundstage and operating on a smaller budget, that's not what I am talking about. The overall feel of the show is just like WWE. The problem is WWE is on fire right now and the next couple of months look very promising, I cannot say the same for TNA.

Beard. Check.

Teamed with the 'monster' of the company. Check.

Two matches in one night. Check.

Defeated the company's chosen champion. Check.

Let me word it like this:

A small bearded man, who use to team with a man known as the 'monster' of the company, just overcame the odds by winning not one but two matches on a show. The second match was against the corporate champion hand picked by the boss. The corporate champion had no real fanfare leading into the match and was an after thought going in. The small bearded man use to protray a goof some months ago, but got serious, got over, and won the World Heavyweight Championship in April. Who did I just describe? Eric Young or Daniel Bryan?

Cut and paste from my post at UKFF:

TNA booking makes perfect sense if you think of the creative department as an autistic child.

For example, ask a typical fan to describe an angle and why it worked and they might recount "The baddy hit the good guy's dad on the head with a bottle and the dad was hurt bad. The good guy was upset about it and then got angry and vowed revenge, and then eventually he got the chance to get his hands on the baddy and beat him up and it was awesome to see him finally get what was coming to him."

Whereas the autistic child/TNA creative would simply recall "The baddy hit the good guy's dad on the head with a bottle."

Similarly the autistic child/TNA creative asked to explain the Daniel Bryan storyline and why it worked would simply recall "The small guy with the beard won the title."

In an attempt to rip off of the Daniel Bryan angle TNA put their world title on Eric Young tonight. That's basically like WWE putting the title on Santino

Eric Young's road to the title!

Every IMPACT and PPV match by Eric in the last two years:

wKSNPMh.png