Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
goodhelmet

All Elite Wrestling

Recommended Posts

Jericho has been instant groan for me in every appearance he's made anywhere since roughly 2012 or so. Even moving to part time, short runs in WWE for a number of years was just god go away man. Since then he's only gotten cornier, more annoying, and fatter.  I get that he's the big star to get eyes on the company and all, but even WWE realized a decade ago he's best used in short, sporadic bursts and not constantly for months and months on end.  And in AEW he clearly has no oversight with what he wants to do and it's been fucking awful from the start. He's holding back everyone that is associated with. I think it would be a great thing for him to go away for 9 months to a year and come back for 2-3 matches a year going forward and not be a regular talent in or out of the ring. His promos suck, his matches suck, his feuds going on way too long and also suck. He's got 3 dudes 30 and under dressing up like Sons of Anarchy extras because he has a shitty dad metal biker aesthetic so everyone around him has to have it, too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

scotcz5kes371.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

 

Good brother MoS attends one AEW show and suddenly Sony Sports India starts replying to tweets regarding AEW. The real rainmaker.

On a serious note, this is pretty big news if something comes from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rah said:

scotcz5kes371.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

 

Good brother MoS attends one AEW show and suddenly Sony Sports India starts replying to tweets regarding AEW. The real rainmaker.

On a serious note, this is pretty big news if something comes from it.

Haha I was definitely not expecting this. Certainly massive news: IIRC, TNA managed to survive through its absolute worst years due to money coming from TV deals from the UK and India. Given how much money WWE makes from the Indian market, this is a big breakthrough for AEW. 

It's happening entirely due to me of course. @mookeighana let Coach Tony K know that he has found AEW's answer to Nick Khan right here at PWO. I will also graciously charge less than the $1.3 million p/a that Nick Khan is charging

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 1:25 AM, strobogo said:

Jericho has been instant groan for me in every appearance he's made anywhere since roughly 2012 or so. Even moving to part time, short runs in WWE for a number of years was just god go away man. Since then he's only gotten cornier, more annoying, and fatter.  I get that he's the big star to get eyes on the company and all, but even WWE realized a decade ago he's best used in short, sporadic bursts and not constantly for months and months on end.  And in AEW he clearly has no oversight with what he wants to do and it's been fucking awful from the start. He's holding back everyone that is associated with. I think it would be a great thing for him to go away for 9 months to a year and come back for 2-3 matches a year going forward and not be a regular talent in or out of the ring. His promos suck, his matches suck, his feuds going on way too long and also suck. He's got 3 dudes 30 and under dressing up like Sons of Anarchy extras because he has a shitty dad metal biker aesthetic so everyone around him has to have it, too.

 

100%, makes me want to turn AEW off most of the time

His best work in recent memory- that I've saw anyway- was the NJPW spell where he ripped off late-era Terry Funk for a few months. I wouldn't mind that Jericho turning up every now and again, but overexposure definitely the word of the day here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tore his AC joint if I read correctly. However, he's gonna honor his dates with NJPW before officially retiring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could swear he said he was retiring and becoming a full time musician after his WWE release and then he was back within 5-6 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah being in WWE seemed to really mess his mind up and he took some time off after that. This seems to be more him realizing there's more to life than wrestling and wanting to get out before the injuries pile up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not missing from the poster they released for the event on another social media post. 

I remember there being conversation a few years ago on this board about why WWE didn't run tennis stadiums. Dunno the logistics but as we have discussed about AEW's arenas, it's important to have a different look from the WWE. Excited about this show and hopefully I get to attend it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have to have something special up their sleeve to draw that kind of crowd, right?  Maybe NJPW guys, that would certainly get over with the hardcore audience in NY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That image is from the story Forbes did on Tony Khan, not sure why they used it for the announcement other than it was probably the first group shot the social media guy had on hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, funkdoc said:

They have to have something special up their sleeve to draw that kind of crowd, right?  Maybe NJPW guys, that would certainly get over with the hardcore audience in NY

The stadium seats 23,000 for tennis, and I'd expect a wrestling setup to probably be slightly under that. I think that's doable in the current hot event market without something massive (although I'm guessing this ends up being an event show).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MoS said:

I remember there being conversation a few years ago on this board about why WWE didn't run tennis stadiums. 

Probably apropos to nothing but WWE always ran tennis stadiums when they came here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, funkdoc said:

They have to have something special up their sleeve to draw that kind of crowd, right?  Maybe NJPW guys, that would certainly get over with the hardcore audience in NY

The wrestling debut of Hook would seem like a lock to go down at that particular show.  Cody will be his opponent, as is tradition in AEW.  

I don’t have any secret back channel that tells me the future.  It just seems like an easy debut to pull off.  I’m no Clucky Lucky so while I don’t agree that AEW can’t do a proper intro at all at this point in their history,   finally getting a GREAT image and moment for Hook’s first bout would do wonders for AEW’s perceived reputation as choke artists of the highest order.  

I am of the belief that  mass hysteria over soft trends or coincidences is kind of all that the Pittsburgh of the internet is what Twitsville bestows as its one gift to a cruel cruel most likely Godless world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×