Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

On 7/12/2022 at 10:30 PM, ragemaster said:

I'm not a doctor but from his podcast he seems to have it under control, hopefully he is running everything by his doctor and still getting tested 

"My first match back officially was February 16 with Jake Hager versus Santana and Ortiz in Nashville. I think at that point I was down 25lbs. I had the match, I remember the match was really good, hard-hitting, impactful, and I just basically stopped taking the blood thinners 36 hours before, and then as soon as the match is done you can continue taking the blood thinners."

All the while, further scans continued to show that his blood clots were going away. He was able to reduce the level of blood thinners he was taking even more. 

"If they're still moving in the right direction, there is a chance that I won't have to be on these blood thinners at all. It's not a big deal now, I take them twice a day, you just have to remember," he said.  

I am sorry to hear about your mother, 

Well I have to imagine the advice from his doctors was something along the lines of “I wouldn’t keep wrestling, but if you’re going to do it anyway, here’s the timing you should employ”. Granted, probably most wrestlers get told by non-sports medicine physicians not to do their profession.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that they use Parker Boudreaux on Dark, I really want them to sign Scarlett Bordeaux and put her with him, just so every announcer gets totally confused as to how to pronounce their name. They have no shot whatsoever on getting them right. French prononciation nightmares for anglo-saxons right there.

So apparently Dave Meltzer is reporting that AEW had talks with Mauro Ranallo. I was really worried at first, but when I thought about it I realized that deal will most likely not happen.

In his last interview after he left WWE, Ranallo said that one of the things he did not like about working there was the three-man booth. (Which of course he didn’t like it, because that means he couldn’t be the only one talking, all the time. Or should I say bellowing.) So if he hates the three-man booth, I can only imagine he would feel about the four or sometimes five man set up that AEW uses.

I just hope and pray he is not going to sign there. That’s the LAST thing AEW needs, is that windbag shouting stupid pop culture references at the top of his lungs.

Please, don't. I thought he was much more tolerable when he announced that big match in IMPACT with Omega, way less annoying than he was in WWE, but please, don't. That would hurt my enjoyment of the product QUITE A BIT. And that's the last thing I need right now (I still enjoy most of it a lot, but there are also some stuff I would gladly do without).

9 minutes ago, El-P said:

Please, don't. I thought he was much more tolerable when he announced that big match in IMPACT with Omega, way less annoying than he was in WWE, but please, don't. That would hurt my enjoyment of the product QUITE A BIT. And that's the last thing I need right now (I still enjoy most of it a lot, but there are also some stuff I would gladly do without).

I’m not lying, as soon as I read that news item I thought to myself “Boy, poor old @El-P is NOT gonna like this news, one little bit!” I was tempted to open my window and aim my ear in the direction of France, to see if I could pick up the faint sound of French profanity being screamed. :D

On one hand, I could understand why they would gauge Mauro's interest. Excalibur does A LOT of work on commentary with Dynamite and Rampage, calling the actions every week so perhaps they're looking to cut him some slack by perhaps checking with Mauro if he'd be interested in possibly working Rampage, for instance. I don't see this even happen but I get why they're trying.

28 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I’m not lying, as soon as I read that news item I thought to myself “Boy, poor old @El-P is NOT gonna like this news, one little bit!” I was tempted to open my window and aim my ear in the direction of France, to see if I could pick up the faint sound of French profanity being screamed. :D

:D

I mean, like I said I actually thought he was different announcing that IMPACT match last year. So I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Still, I would most probably shout some well thought out "Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiique !!!!!!!!" if it actually happened. I'm already not happy about Schiavone being cut down on Dynamite. Moving Taz in is a good thing, but if someone has to be cut down, it's JR.

3 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

So apparently Dave Meltzer is reporting that AEW had talks with Mauro Ranallo. I was really worried at first, but when I thought about it I realized that deal will most likely not happen.

In his last interview after he left WWE, Ranallo said that one of the things he did not like about working there was the three-man booth. (Which of course he didn’t like it, because that means he couldn’t be the only one talking, all the time. Or should I say bellowing.) So if he hates the three-man booth, I can only imagine he would feel about the four or sometimes five man set up that AEW uses.

I just hope and pray he is not going to sign there. That’s the LAST thing AEW needs, is that windbag shouting stupid pop culture references at the top of his lungs.

GFO with your negativity!!!

Mauro Rannallo is the GOAT, and his presence - along with Christian's - would INSTANTLY bankrupt WWE, every other promotion on the planet, and even the TK-owned ROH because no other company would EVER be able to compare or compete with AEW!

Unless...

Mauro becomes the lead play-by-play announcer for ROH, in which case AEW would stay afloat thanks to Christian, but every other promotion would quickly find themselves six feet under.

Or...

Mauro used to be a heel manager.

Imagine Mauro managing Christian!

That would be a dream come true for wrestling fans all around the world.

Forget about Omega, Danielson, and any other "big returns" in the pipeline - the mighty Mauro would dwarf them all!!!

AEW has 6 announcers (2 of which are workers), have multiple guests per show. They also hired Big Show and Mark Henry for commentary (I have no idea if Show does commentary as I never watch the youtube shows). They shouldn't be even thinking about picking up another commentator.

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Mauro used to be a heel manager.

Imagine Mauro managing Christian!

That would be a dream come true for wrestling fans all around the world.

I would be down for Mauro being a heel manager, I could see that being money. 

Sometimes I go down the boxing highlights rabbit hole on YouTube and Mauro’s style really stands out there too in a way I do not enjoy.

If AEW were to hire another commentator, that’s an area where they would do well to hire or use a female. A different perspective than the eight or so others that they use now. (And in this house we stan Veda Scott.)