All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They used to back-load the commercials on Dynamite so the opening segment could be more or less commercial free, I don't know the TV business but if there's any way to do the opposite so the main event segment has minimal breaks  that would be golden. 

I'm actually OK with the Barbwire Death Match. The anti-climatic finish of Blood and Guts left it open for one more big blow-off match and since Fyter Fest is treated as a PPV show it seems like the right occasion. The only problem is that they may have taken it a step too far with the Shark Week cross-over. I think having guys suspended in cages is going to be a distraction and take away from what should be this incredibly personal and heated moment that should springboard either guy into a title program.

With that said, I do think AEW could do a better job at building up gimmick matches. Sometimes it just feels like they book a gimmick just to have it when ideally there's a good justification for it.

Looks like I'm going to get my wish & AEW is going to do a Brody King Vs. Darby Allin feud. That match should slap. The way King just dead dropped Allin off the apron in the battle royal was sick. Now they're having King beat the slop out of Allin at a autograph signing. I'm here for it. I know I made the comparison that Brody King could be the AEW Bam Bam Bigelow but this feud could be like the Bam Bam Vs. Spike Dudley feud if they do it right. I don't think we'll get some legendary moment like when the crowd surfed Spike after Bigelow chucked his tiny ass into the crowd but we all know Darby is willing to do crazy shit! 

22 hours ago, sek69 said:

They used to back-load the commercials on Dynamite so the opening segment could be more or less commercial free, I don't know the TV business but if there's any way to do the opposite so the main event segment has minimal breaks  that would be golden. 

Since moving to TBS, Dynamite's highest viewership is almost always at the start of the program with the carryover from The Big Bang Theory. Going essentially commercial free at the beginning is to try to keep TBBT viewers who've stuck around from turning the channel. Another strategy they've been using is to open the show with the main event, semi-main, or a match featuring talent who might be recognized by more casual fans.

2 hours ago, strobogo said:

Booking Wardlow's first defense to be against Orange Cassidy seems like a real bad idea unless the plan is to continue the trend of the crowds turning on the TNT Champion.

Yeah, it's weird. I'm expecting a swerve/ angle after a match that is gonna try to be a babyface vs babyface match where OC will actually be the crowd favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if OC and Wardlow end up beating up some heels together by the end.

And then, new Best Friend? Admit it, Wardlow in one of those awesome tye dye tracksuits would be dope. :)

-If Jericho is on blood thinners, continuing to wrestle is stupider than anything Sammy or Darby have ever done, or even Mick Foley. I cannot believe that that’s true, no doctor on the planet would clear you for a barbed wire match if you’re on fucking Eliquis or Coumadin.

-Wardlow shouldn’t be wrestling Orange Cassidy, but if he has to, he definitely should not join the Best Friends.

7 hours ago, Embrodak said:

-If Jericho is on blood thinners, continuing to wrestle is stupider than anything Sammy or Darby have ever done, or even Mick Foley. I cannot believe that that’s true, no doctor on the planet would clear you for a barbed wire match if you’re on fucking Eliquis or Coumadin.

Jericho said he's ok to wrestle, just has to stop taking them 36hrs before a match  

12 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

Jericho said he's ok to wrestle, just has to stop taking them 36hrs before a match  

He should very much prioritize continuing to take blood thinners over continuing to wrestle. Pulmonary embolisms are no joke, they were a major part of what made my mother’s cancer fatal.

4 hours ago, Embrodak said:

He should very much prioritize continuing to take blood thinners over continuing to wrestle. Pulmonary embolisms are no joke, they were a major part of what made my mother’s cancer fatal.

I'm not a doctor but from his podcast he seems to have it under control, hopefully he is running everything by his doctor and still getting tested 

"My first match back officially was February 16 with Jake Hager versus Santana and Ortiz in Nashville. I think at that point I was down 25lbs. I had the match, I remember the match was really good, hard-hitting, impactful, and I just basically stopped taking the blood thinners 36 hours before, and then as soon as the match is done you can continue taking the blood thinners."

All the while, further scans continued to show that his blood clots were going away. He was able to reduce the level of blood thinners he was taking even more. 

"If they're still moving in the right direction, there is a chance that I won't have to be on these blood thinners at all. It's not a big deal now, I take them twice a day, you just have to remember," he said.  

I am sorry to hear about your mother, 

He seems to have his medical issues under control, but blood thinners are nothing to mess with. I personally wouldn't want to do a match involving tons of bleeding even if it stopped taking them 36 hours prior, but if he thinks it's okay I suppose we'll find out one way or another when the match happens.

On 7/11/2022 at 9:42 PM, strobogo said:

Booking Wardlow's first defense to be against Orange Cassidy seems like a real bad idea unless the plan is to continue the trend of the crowds turning on the TNT Champion.

Sounds like it's a lose-lose situation for Wardlow. Unless they decided to turn him heel, which would be fucking stupid.

It has to be some sort of bait-and-switch. OC Vs. Wardog makes zero sense. It'll probably lead to a beatdown of like Mark Sterling's people? I don't know - last week we had that backstage interaction with Danhausen being the lawyer & I didn't watch Rampage but it was supposed to lead to Tony Nese Vs. Cassidy.

Konnan mentioned on his podcast that Santana and Ortiz are not on good terms at the moment. That probably explains why (before the injury at Blood and Guts) they weren't around as much and hardly ever in a tag team match. 

(also I know Konnan has been a known bullshitter at times but IIRC he's close with both guys and wouldn't have any reason to make something like this up)

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

Konnan mentioned on his podcast that Santana and Ortiz are not on good terms at the moment. That probably explains why (before the injury at Blood and Guts) they weren't around as much and hardly ever in a tag team match. 

(also I know Konnan has been a known bullshitter at times but IIRC he's close with both guys and wouldn't have any reason to make something like this up)

It has been like that for at least six months.

It is a sad, personal situation that wouldn't benefit anyone becoming public and likely irresolvable in the short/medium term. I don't believe it be anything that expressly badly reflects on either (post-Speaking Out etc). It is just a bad breakup of two friends. One of those life happens situations.