Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 5/27-6/2 RAW IS WILL VINCE RESIST TAKING SHOTS AT AEW

sek69

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was the worst RAW since those terrible RAWs from December Baron Corbin era. The Man Becky Lynch has been cooled off to be ice cold. Rollins is not a strong face on the mic. Zayn is so fucking annoying. I get that's the point of the gimmick but I don't want to watch him bitch about fans. 

Brock Party is the only saving grace of this wretched show! Brock is the best. I was in Hartford when he won and I went apeshit. Everyone else sat on their hands or booed but I knew that Brock is this show's only saving grace now that Rowdy Ronda is gone. Cocky Shooter Brock is glorious. I loved last week when he mouthed "You kicked me in the balls" when Rollins said he slayed the Beast. Babyfaces shouldn't win like that. 

Kofi vs Dolph feels like a US Title feud. These are the best Dolph promos ever though I will give him that.

Is AJ's injury a shoot? Doesn't seem that way...

2 minutes ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Baron Corbin in the main event and picking up a 'W'. AEW's TNT show cannot come soon enough.

I just don't get it. There is a clear sign that his push is why ratings are so bad. The audience just doesn't want the guy on their TV. 

32 minutes ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

I thought this was the worst RAW since those terrible RAWs from December Baron Corbin era. The Man Becky Lynch has been cooled off to be ice cold. Rollins is not a strong face on the mic. Zayn is so fucking annoying. I get that's the point of the gimmick but I don't want to watch him bitch about fans. 

Brock Party is the only saving grace of this wretched show! Brock is the best. I was in Hartford when he won and I went apeshit. Everyone else sat on their hands or booed but I knew that Brock is this show's only saving grace now that Rowdy Ronda is gone. Cocky Shooter Brock is glorious. I loved last week when he mouthed "You kicked me in the balls" when Rollins said he slayed the Beast. Babyfaces shouldn't win like that. 

Kofi vs Dolph feels like a US Title feud. These are the best Dolph promos ever though I will give him that.

Is AJ's injury a shoot? Doesn't seem that way...

Agreed on all of this. I think AJ was taking some time off so they were writing him off for a bit. 

My buddy from Mexico couldn't stand the fact that there was no wrestling in the first hour.  After thinking about it for 45 seconds or so, I think limiting the wrestling to 2 hours is a good move. They can't sustain more than 2 hours of interest in the ring anyway. An hour of bullshit followed by 2 hours of wrestling seems like a good formula. 

At this point I would just call up some random dude like Keith Lee and strap him to a rocket all the way to the main event so he could be a top heel. I really don't see any way Raw is going to be an engaging product if they insist on featuring Lashley, Corbin and Drew that much.

5 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I just don't get it. There is a clear sign that his push is why ratings are so bad. The audience just doesn't want the guy on their TV. 

They spent how many years shoving Roman Reigns down the throat of an audience who didn't want him to be the top guy ? They just don't get it. They think they are above their audience, and it can't get better with the insane TV deals they got. Corbin has been proven death in ratings, on TV, in the ring. They have signed half the talent of the planet. But no. Let's push this useless oaf no one wants to see and who's actively killing ratings and whomever he's working with.

I have to reiterate this though : Roman Reigns coming back from cancer ended up being *nothing* apart from a few really distasteful promos to get "heat" on heels. They had one shot to make him the top guy, finally, with a great true life story. They fucked that one up too. It's amazing.

6 hours ago, Strummer said:

Sami mentioning AEW was cut from the Youtube clip of the segment

After Matt Jackson did those Generico tribute spots on Saturday, my first thought was “what is Sami Zayn’s contract status?”

It’s a shame that he’s stuck in WWE for the time being.