Pro Wrestling Only

Chris, Nancy, & Daniel Benoit found dead

Bix

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, she returns from her vacation, and part of the diary is in one of her garbage cans? Why would it be there? A cop took it out of the house and left it there? Chris put it there for her to find before he killed himself?

Or if the garbage can was on the Benoit property, or outside of the gate to their house or something, why would she be going through it? If she really ran out of the house screaming and had to leave town to deal with it, I doubt she's going to decide to play Nancy Drew when she gets home, ya know?

Well, she returns from her vacation, and part of the diary is in one of her garbage cans? Why would it be there? A cop took it out of the house and left it there? Chris put it there for her to find before he killed himself?

Or if the garbage can was on the Benoit property, or outside of the gate to their house or something, why would she be going through it? If she really ran out of the house screaming and had to leave town to deal with it, I doubt she's going to decide to play Nancy Drew when she gets home, ya know?

If he put it in her outdoors garbage can on top of the bags (or at the bottom of the can if it was empty), then she would've seen it when she returned and opened the can to put a new bag in.

It just sounds like something that only happens in TV shows when they need a quick way to move the plot along, all of a sudden a piece of evidence is found that was overlooked by not only the hordes of police who were there but all the assorted press (who are not above looking through someone's trash to make a story).

I mean, if I found a book in my trash can that I know wasn't there I probably would look at it, but why would it have been left there? Obviously Chris wasn't in his right mind that day, but I don't get what he was hoping to accomplish if he was the one who left it.

The only way it even makes a small amount of sense is if someone from WWE shows up to see why Chris isn't answering the phone, walks into a horror movie scene, finds the journal (that most likely has all kinds of fucked up stuff in it that could reflect bad on the company), and in some kind of panic or freakout just grabs it and throws it in the neighbor's trash can that miraculously gets overlooked by the cops. All that is a pretty big stretch.

The only way it even makes a small amount of sense is if someone from WWE shows up to see why Chris isn't answering the phone, walks into a horror movie scene, finds the journal (that most likely has all kinds of fucked up stuff in it that could reflect bad on the company), and in some kind of panic or freakout just grabs it and throws it in the neighbor's trash can that miraculously gets overlooked by the cops. All that is a pretty big stretch.

It's a huge stretch.

Plus in that case, you would hope that forensics would detect that someone else was in or around the house. But then again, the Atlanta PD is apparently worse than the LAPD

I think that Chris leaving it in the garbage for the neighbor to find is the most likely scenario. She was apparently a close friend of Nancy's, so that makes sense. It's just weird that it didn't come out until now, over 3 years later. Did the police even take it as evidence?

It's a huge stretch.

Plus in that case, you would hope that forensics would detect that someone else was in or around the house. But then again, the Atlanta PD is apparently worse than the LAPD

Fayette County Sheriff's Department, not Atlanta PD. At the time there was even an item in the WON about how they were not fit to handle a major investigation like this and that the "Barney Fife" comparison had been thrown around a lot.

I think that Chris leaving it in the garbage for the neighbor to find is the most likely scenario. She was apparently a close friend of Nancy's, so that makes sense. It's just weird that it didn't come out until now, over 3 years later. Did the police even take it as evidence?

You're mixing up two different stories. The diary stuff came out around the time of the brain damage stuff a few months after the murders. Last week's news is about a suicide note, which was in a bible that was sent to his first wife with his other belongings (because clearly there would be no reason to search the bibles in this case!).

A timeline on her "vacation" might be interesting.

Trash is picked up every week. There would be extra trash around given the police related trash. It seems very odd that anything put in the trash would survive (i.e. not get picked up by the trash collectors) while she was away on vacation.

It's possible because there wasn't anyone living in the household anymore that someone wouldn't have wheeled the garbage out. But you would also think that the city/county and garbage collection have a policy for covering that when someone dies.

I've always thought the "she found the diary in the trash" to be odd. Even an incompotent law enforcement team (which we all seem to agree was the case in this investigation) would sift through the trash for drugs and other evidence. It's not even advanced levels of law enforcement that you run into with homicide dicks: basic cops do stuff like that.

I don't know if it's a case of something getting lost in translation (in the sense of how the story of the journal has been communicated), or if someone is just blowing smoke on it. But even in a case as odd as this one, it stands out as not making any sense.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Chris Nowinski talking to Bill Simmons this week claimed that Benoit's colleagues had told him after his death that his memory had slipped so much that he had stopped planning his matches ahead of time and started calling all his matches by the fly instead.

Chris Nowinski talking to Bill Simmons this week claimed that Benoit's colleagues had told him after his death that his memory had slipped so much that he had stopped planning his matches ahead of time and started calling all his matches by the fly instead.

Am I the only one seeing the irony ?

So do you think that ECW match were Benoit had the tantrum in was scripted or called in the ring?

So do you think that ECW match were Benoit had the tantrum in was scripted or called in the ring?

What match was That?

I have no idea what you're refering to, I never watched WWECW. I'm saying how ironic is this that Chris Benoit of all people was supposed to pre-planned his matches beforehand in WWE because WWE produced guys can't work a lick, and that his memory slipping means he actually had to work like he always did, on the fly. Benoit supposedly trashed the notes DDP brought him for their PPV match in WCW, and at this point of his career, he's working on the fly because *his memory slipped*... Man.

Credit: F4W Newsletter June 18, 2007

As mentioned in the Benoit story, he blew up following that horrible match on ECW three weeks ago featuring Marquis Cor Von, Elijah Burke and CM Punk. You'll recall, the one where he tried a spot twice with Von Cor, and after it failed twice he gave up and tagged back out. Benoit's role was to be a coach for the young guys and he was expected to give them his honest thoughts about their work, but this was a major freak-out. Some people will say it was a warning sign about what was going to happen, but when I watched that match and the look on his face afterwards, I thought I would have done the exact same thing. The finish was botched, which is also why Benoit ran wild with the Germans and the headbutt on Elijah afterwards. Von Cor really didn't get out of the ring fast enough and so the ref felt he was forced to call for the DQ. The insanity in WWE has reached a new level as the refs are now being FINED if they make a bad call or are forced to look stupid. In other words, if you're a heel who wants to cheat, you've got to legit distract the ref so he really doesn't see you, because if he does, he has to DQ you out of fear that he'll be fined otherwise. I am not making this up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf6TYlWJAo8

• 4 months later...