Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/26 - 09/01 Insulting a president's wife in order to score points with your shrinking fanbase

KawadaSmile

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love the Orton/Cena Breaking Point match. It's gritty and tells a great, basic story.

Hearing Bruce Prichard make excuses for Billy Gunn's failed singles push over on his podcast, and it's got me wishing they'd suddenly somehow discover that both Seth and Dolph have asthma so they can be booked properly - exclusively in tag team matches.

10 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

Hearing Bruce Prichard make excuses for Billy Gunn's failed singles push over on his podcast,

Thanks for reminding me not to listen anymore.

Highlight of Orton's career to me is when he broke his hand doing the idiotic "viper" bit where he hits the mat and overdoes that evil look that he overdoes...

22 minutes ago, El-P said:

Highlight of Orton's career to me is when he broke his hand doing the idiotic "viper" bit where he hits the mat and overdoes that evil look that he overdoes...

Even better, IIRC it wasn't a broken hand it was one of the first times he popped his shoulder out. I think it happened again later on when was taking out the trash. 

21 hours ago, C.S. said:

I don't think Drew is unsalvageable, but he sounds like a fucking robot. Maybe scripted promos are to blame? I don't know. Or maybe he'd be even worse without them? Was he this bad on the mic in TNA?

Saddens me cause I thought he was totally awesome on the mic during his first run in 2010, great IC champ. I thought he was a solid fired up babyface on the mic in Impact but his ring work was more memorable there, particularly the Lashley feud.

I find Cedric to be probably the most boring dude in the company

6 hours ago, C.S. said:

Not even close.

I have never cared about a single Randy Orton match in my entire life.

I have never cared about a single Randy Orton promo in my entire life.

Randy may be "technically" more proficient, but that doesn't mean shit. 

Roddy Piper could work...brother!

Repeat after me: Rasslin' means nothing. Rasslin' doesn't draw. Rasslin' doesn't generate interest. Characters do. Stories do. Emotions do.

Piper had all of that in spades. Orton never has and never will. 

I feel like Orton needs a recurring spot on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so we can see how he compares to The Maniac

19 hours ago, SirEdger said:

It is what it is. It's all subjective but man, who ever thought we'd see Johnny Wrestling in the top 10, in front of Kenny Omega as well.

Also, fun fact: Kenny Omega had SIX matches in 2019, and half of those were singles matches. In contrast, Lesnar had 5, and all but one were singles.

I know PWI likes to incorporate some kayfabe and all that, and it's far from being a serious, analytical list, but would you guys have Omega in the top 10 wrestlers of this particular year?

Rob Van Dam and Dean Malenko are looking better & better as previous PWI #1's.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:45 PM, El-P said:

Thanks for reminding me not to listen anymore.

I mean, the podcast isn't anything you need to go out of your way to listen to anymore.

Although - if you're avoiding Bruce's podcast but then turning around and spending your free time watching WWE television anyway - it's sort of a case of dodging a bullet just to jump onto a live grenade.

You're hardly achieving anything.

Swapping the sound of Bruce's bullshit to see Seth flop around like a frog in a blender is hardly a net positive.

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also, fun fact: Kenny Omega had SIX matches in 2019, and half of those were singles matches. In contrast, Lesnar had 5, and all but one were singles.

I know PWI likes to incorporate some kayfabe and all that, and it's far from being a serious, analytical list, but would you guys have Omega in the top 10 wrestlers of this particular year?

Honestly, I don't know. I would've kept him fairly high because he was in high profile matches but I would've preferred somebody else from any other promotion to crack the top 10. Who are #11, #12 & #13, do we know?

1 minute ago, SirEdger said:

Out of curiosity, what's the relationship between Andrade & Rush? Were they just partners in Los Ingobernables back when Andrade was in CMLL or are they related as well?

Just LI partners. I also thought they were blood-related, but it's just Rush, Mistico and Dragon Lee who are brothers.

On 8/30/2019 at 6:22 PM, sek69 said:

They're best friends too. Story goes Rush asked Andrade about going to WWE (before he was getting a push) and he told him not to bother since it sucked there. I would imagine his tune is probably different now. 

I'm not so sure about that. Andrade is still basically a non-entity. He has a few meaningless "big" wins, sure, but they're not actually doing anything with him.