Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/14 - 10/20 Randy Orton is the Tom Brady of WWE

KawadaSmile

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Coffey said:

Tonight is the 3rd week that Smackdown will have been on FOX & I already feel complete apathy toward the show. Week one, they had The Rock (and promised other big names even if they didn't deliver). Week 2 the draw was the Draft & that it was supposed to matter this time(if you ignore that the draft order was spoiled). So, what's the draw for this week? Because the announced matches... I don't think anyone gives a fuck. Maybe Roman/Nakamura? But Shinsuke's entire WWE run has been as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Yeah, social media numbers seemed way down. Fewer people on my timeline were live-tweeting it than a standard Tuesday night.

It was always expected this show would show a big decline. 

40 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Smackdown down to 2.44 million this week. Week three on Fox and they're already reverting to the base.

Clearly people tuned in week one on the promise things would be different on Fox, and quickly tuned away when it was apparent it was just the same old shit in a shinier wrapper.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin during his praise of AEW mentioned that if he were doing a draft in all of wrestling that Jon Moxley would be his #1 overall pick. I thought that was interesting. I don't think I would take Moxley over Roman Reigns & I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take Roman Reigns first, so it's definitely an interesting talking point, if nothing else.

Maybe it's because of all the buzz around Moxley since his WWE departure and how different he's been booked since he joined AEW. But I kinda understand Austin's praise about it, considering that Mox right now has a lot of similarities with Stone Cold at his peak in terms of attitude and mentality.

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin during his praise of AEW mentioned that if he were doing a draft in all of wrestling that Jon Moxley would be his #1 overall pick. I thought that was interesting. I don't think I would take Moxley over Roman Reigns & I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take Roman Reigns first, so it's definitely an interesting talking point, if nothing else.

Roman is possibly the safest pick, which in a way explains why one would choose Mox over him.

Mox has a chip on his shoulder now, and despite not being as good as Reigns, the situation he's in leads to intrigue and interest. We know Roman is great, but we don't know how high Moxley can go after all he's been through.

Imagine Roman leaves WWE tomorrow and is a free agent. He would absolutely be the #1 pick.

Would he though? We know he can talk outside of the scripted WWE nonsense, but who's to say he's someone who would be able to work outside WWE? We've seen Mox do a complete 180 from the WWE style and thrive in multiple promotions, I'm not 100% that Roman could be a guy that can mix it up in a different environment.