Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/14 - 10/20 Randy Orton is the Tom Brady of WWE

KawadaSmile

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also I wouldn't be surprised if there's a little bit of partner loyalty in play as well. Intentionally or not, the Elite guys ended up using ROH to get the idea that became AEW off the ground and New Japan is not going to be inclined to work with a group that used one of their business partners. 

Well, the fact is the Bucks & Omega were more the vital partners for NJPW during those years than "ROH", whatever that meant then, ever was. So you could argue they could stay loyal to people instead of companies (of course I know it doesn't work that way). What are they even getting out of this ROH deal (pun intended) right now ? Mox was the biggest outsider deal in the G1, and he's AEW. Jericho is still getting main events, and he's AEW. In every way but contractually, they already get more out of "not-working" with AEW than they do with working with ROH. Well, maybe that's the thing too... 

About CMLL, is Dragon Lee still allowed to work the NJPW junior tag league ?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ROH appearances are due to Rush more than anything else. NJPW guys have flat out said they don't want to go to ROH anymore since they've gone downhill, and ROH wants to make Rush as happy as possible to save whatever sliver of a chance that exists where he would re-sign with them when his deal  is up next year.  

2 hours ago, El-P said:

They really need to. NJPW's relationship with ROH is exactly worth two things right now : jack and shit. With CMLL crumbling with discontent and the biggest stars leaving/being fired, that relationship doesn't seem vital either, especially since we're talking about the strong relationship with the Alonso family. I mean, Sofia is gone and she was supposed to run things. NJPW needs to evolve. No idea how AEW would feel about working with NJPW, it seems like there's some sourness of Omega & the Bucks. But really, with Jericho working the Dome, he's already identified right now as an AEW guy. Let have Omega go back and work a main event in a huge building while NXT Japan is half-packing Korakuen with nise-puroresu matches.

Surely they'd love to do Omega vs Kota at Dominion or something next year. Make it happen, get Sammy Guevara into the Super Juniors and give us Juice and Archer on Wednesday nights. 

I wonder if the AAA-AEW alliance would make it difficult as well? It just seems like it makes too much sense to let these smaller concerns get in the way though. New Japan can easily call the shots with any of their current partners.

26 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I wonder if the AAA-AEW alliance would make it difficult as well? 

Probably. 

Speaking of which, I wonder what will come of that in term of luchadors/doras showing up on Dynamite. Hopefully this happens and we get guys like Taurus in big heavyweight matches or Aerostar with Janella and Allin in a "who dies the most times ?" crazy-ass matches. And bring Ayako & Mari Apache already !

8 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Anyone else think the Bischoff firing is just scapegoating him for Fox getting fucked and potentially losing talent they were promised like Charlotte?

Charlotte not being on SD is surprising. She did lots of promotional work during the summer leading into the move. FOX supposedly was firm on having her. Heyman apparently wanted Aleister for RAW. Those two, along with Andrade and Zelina, have to be on the same show because of marriages/relationships. You'd think the priority would be to put Charlotte where you want and have the other three follow. I could see it being a problem, FOX had plans for Charlotte that went up in smoke with her going to RAW.

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

I hope there was a "plans change" moment, because if Booker talking on Raw about "rumors regarding a major trade" on RAW were about Alexa/Nikki being traded for Jobbers to be Named Later, then we've moved from 1998 WCW to 1999 WCW. 

This is the company that had "TV execs" losing their shit after drafting Natalya. I can absolutely believe they think Alexa is a trade worth calling a "blockbuster".

There's nothing wrong with Alexa being traded, per se (I'd take her over Sasha Banks seven days a week and twice on Sundays). What's wrong is how underwhelming and ultimately useless the "blockbuster announcement" was. Okay, so Smackdown gets Sasha and Nikki. What's next? Who does Raw get? Oh, they can get someone down the road. There was nothing blockbuster about it. 

It would be pretty wild to be able to watch Misawa matches on WWE Network.

Maybe WWE getting into Japan could lead to them acknowledging the Japanese Legends too. I wouldn't be against seeing guys like Jushin Liger & The Great Muta go into the WWE Hall of Fame. They did work the States & WWE owns WCW...

They would get none of the past library unless they buy it off NTV who own all of the classic footage NOAH don't own it. Same with ajpw they would have to buy it off of NTV (1973-2000) or gaora (2000-present). NTV make a good amount of money off those libraries so would be paid a good amount to have it taken off of them. This is why ajpw TV only has 2017 onwards stuff on it, they simply don't own anything before then.

5 hours ago, El-P said:

That would have been so depressing. Even though NOAH is not a blip on the radar, it was once the glorious home that Misawa & Kobashi built.

I honestly don't think it can get more depressing than the last 2-3 years of NOAH :( them telling WWE to fuck off is really something though. They might be a zombie promotion that has been sold 2 times in the last 4 years...but they ain't selling to no damn gringo, lol.