Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/14 - 10/20 Randy Orton is the Tom Brady of WWE

KawadaSmile

2 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

So the rumors of this big announcement is possibly NXT Japan. Because why not ruin another countries wrestling scene with a promotion no one wants.

This will fail hard if they attempt it, culturally it will be very difficult to get acceptance as a foreign company in Japan, especially one that would be run against established Japanese companies. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, sek69 said:

This will fail hard if they attempt it, culturally it will be very difficult to get acceptance as a foreign company in Japan, especially one that would be run against established Japanese companies. 

I agree but from what I have heard, NXT UK is a total failure too. They have stupid money to burn on stuff like this. It might fault but hey, why not ruin wrestling for everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

So the rumors of this big announcement is possibly NXT Japan. Because why not ruin another countries wrestling scene with a promotion no one wants.

We've tried our level best to tank the wrestling business in America, now time to suffocate the rest of the world with our ever-extending blanket of mediocrity.

AEW and New Japan really need to grow up and start working together.

3 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I agree but from what I have heard, NXT UK is a total failure too. 

Did it not kill (or badly hurt) the UK indy scene though ? Because that was its only goal, so from that standpoint, it's a success, if you can call create misery for people a success.

NXT Japan sounds like the worst. Remember at some point WWE wanted to buy CMLL or something ? But yeah, NXT Japan has failure written all over it. They have no shot of understanding the japanse business. Hell, they don't even understand the US business anymore. They should rather do NXT Dubai or NXT Emirates, really...

Anyone else watching WWE Backstage? Amazing set, and...that's it.

The Alexa-Nikki non-news was a waste of time, and the fact that they've confirmed that Raw can take their picks down the road confirms that this is already going to be another hot mess.

I've already tapped out. I think I'm just thoroughly burned out on the stale, ice cold, skews to the over 50 demographic WWE product.

15 minutes ago, C.S. said:

The Alexa-Nikki non-news was a waste of time, and the fact that they've confirmed that Raw can take their picks down the road confirms that this is already going to be another hot mess.

I've already tapped out. I think I'm just thoroughly burned out on the stale, ice cold, skews to the over 50 demographic WWE product.

I was saying that after the season debut Raw and it's been two weeks of shit since then. 

Even if they would "get" the business in Japan, NXT would be doomed for failure anyway. Only promotion doing really good is New Japan. Dragon Gate still doing well even after CIMA, Stronghearts and Shingo left...and that's it. DDT has been struggling for over a year now. All Japan has like 2 truly successful shows every 3 months. NOAH has been TNA (Dixie Carter years) status for a long ass time. The rest are basically indies.

The fuck is a NXT Japan gonna do? Oh look, they drew 1,300 at Korakuen Hall! :lol:

Edit: I hope every single old legend out there cons them to death. Like Onita getting a deal, Inoki being the liaison between NXT Japan and WWE. The only thing that would make this worth it is unadulterated levels of fuckery (and some wrestlers getting good money for a while before closing shop).

28 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

About the rumored NXT Japan....Big Japan and Sendai could be involved.

On paper, Sekimoto is by far the best choice they could do as a trainer/leader. Strong BJ is neck and neck with New Japan in terms of the quality of young guys they are constantly debuting. I guess WALTER put in the good word for one of his mentors. But unless they'd be able to pouch him away and his boys away from BJW (which would be legit shocking) how would a relationship with Big Japan work though? Are we about the get big budget Deathmatches? :o lmao.

And again, Big Japan has been struggling like a motherfucker for a long, long ass time, so in reality...they'd be a horrible partner for them.

If faced with a Japanese option and a foreign option for a product,  the public will pick the Japanese option like 95% of the time. It's a weird product of being such a homogeneous culture, there is a feeling anything Japanese is automatically superior to anything non-Japanese. 

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

I hope there was a "plans change" moment, because if Booker talking on Raw about "rumors regarding a major trade" on RAW were about Alexa/Nikki being traded for Jobbers to be Named Later, then we've moved from 1998 WCW to 1999 WCW. 

2 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

On paper, Sekimoto is by far the best choice they could do as a trainer/leader. Strong BJ is neck and neck with New Japan in terms of the quality of young guys they are constantly debuting. I guess WALTER put in the good word for one of his mentors. But unless they'd be able to pouch him away and his boys away from BJW (which would be legit shocking) how would a relationship with Big Japan work though? Are we about the get big budget Deathmatches? :o lmao.

And again, Big Japan has been struggling like a motherfucker for a long, long ass time, so in reality...they'd be a horrible partner for them.

Other tidbit: the head trainers would be Daisuke Sekimoto and Meiko Satomura.

29 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Anyone else think the Bischoff firing is just scapegoating him for Fox getting fucked and potentially losing talent they were promised like Charlotte?

I think he's being scapegoated for things like being promised Ronda and not delivering. As much as I think Eric's an asshole, he was set up to fail big time here. He was brought in with no clear job description, no direct control on what he was supposedly in charge of,  and no way to fix it when things didn't go as promised.  Vince just wanted to have big names to tell investors about in a conference that was mostly bad news. Paul had the advantage of being around the product and being able to hit the ground running, Eric hadn't been around for decades and had no chance of ever being able to deliver.

Plus now Vince has one of his top yes-men in the spot, which guarantees SmackDown will be written to exact Vince-pleasing expectations for the foreseeable future.

9 hours ago, FMKK said:

AEW and New Japan really need to grow up and start working together.

They really need to. NJPW's relationship with ROH is exactly worth two things right now : jack and shit. With CMLL crumbling with discontent and the biggest stars leaving/being fired, that relationship doesn't seem vital either, especially since we're talking about the strong relationship with the Alonso family. I mean, Sofia is gone and she was supposed to run things. NJPW needs to evolve. No idea how AEW would feel about working with NJPW, it seems like there's some sourness of Omega & the Bucks. But really, with Jericho working the Dome, he's already identified right now as an AEW guy. Let have Omega go back and work a main event in a huge building while NXT Japan is half-packing Korakuen with nise-puroresu matches.

10 minutes ago, El-P said:

They really need to. NJPW's relationship with ROH is exactly worth two things right now : jack and shit. With CMLL crumbling with discontent and the biggest stars leaving/being fired, that relationship doesn't seem vital either, especially since we're talking about the strong relationship with the Alonso family. I mean, Sofia is gone and she was supposed to run things. NJPW needs to evolve. No idea how AEW would feel about working with NJPW, it seems like there's some sourness of Omega & the Bucks. But really, with Jericho working the Dome, he's already identified right now as an AEW guy. Let have Omega go back and work a main event in a huge building while NXT Japan is half-packing Korakuen with nise-puroresu matches.

The Fantasica Mania shows are still a good draw for NJPW, their fans seem to enjoy seeing the CMLL guys come in for a tour. 

The sourness between AEW and NJPW seems pretty much centered on the Bucks. Omega has stated he would like to go back and his AEW contract states he can work there if he gets booked. The Bucks seemed particularly stung by not getting an offer from NJPW that (to them) didn't match the value they felt that they brought to the company.  They were pretty vocal about feeling they got lowballed when the offer was made to them to stay.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if there's a little bit of partner loyalty in play as well. Intentionally or not, the Elite guys ended up using ROH to get the idea that became AEW off the ground and New Japan is not going to be inclined to work with a group that used one of their business partners.