Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, El-P said:

He shouldn't be dating the twin sister of Big John Cena's wife !"

Not to pick nits, but she was never Cena's wife. Cena wanted no marriage and no kids, remember? 

They did eventually "get engaged" at WrestleMania, but that fizzled out. 

Anyone who watched Total Divas - even as fake as that show was - knew they couldn't last. 

Even from the very start, when he was on NXT when it was a competition show, they jobbed him out and had Miz as his "pro" just to piss off the internet fans. They always held a grudge against him for being popular outside of WWE and they spent his entire time in the company trying to prove they were right. 

9 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Not to pick nits, but she was never Cena's wife. Cena wanted no marriage and no kids, remember? 

Just like I don't remember specifics of shitty WWE feuds, I don't remember specifics of Cena's intimate life ! Same thing. Girlfriend, wife, whatever. Same thing to me. (Hey, at least that constitues some common ground between John Cena and myself : no marriage, no kids, thank you very much :lol:)

Speaking of Cena, it looks like they were false advertising him for their "not at all running against AEW's stadium show, why would you think that?" MSG show.  Cena sent out a tweet after Summerslam basically saying bye for now but he's still front and center for the advertising. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

Speaking of Cena, it looks like they were false advertising him for their "not at all running against AEW's stadium show, why would you think that?" MSG show.  Cena sent out a tweet after Summerslam basically saying bye for now but he's still front and center for the advertising. 

He could still be there. House shows in WWE are rarely canon. As far as 99% of fans are concerned, it is goodbye if he's not on TV.

Would it not be ill-advised for Cena to tweet that regardless? Ticket-holders could assume he is pulling out, using the Sasha/Belair non-match as evidence, and feel a little cheated. It takes nothing for Cena to thank everyone and add a little tidbit that he'll be there for one final show.

Speaking of false advertising......

Charlotte on Renee's pod apparently says fans shouldn't be mad at her for not being at the show in Charlotte despite being heavily featured in the advertising because, get this, she told WWE she was going to TripleMania on that date 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE

I believe her because that match was booked far out ahead, but just WTF WWE.  You know there were some little girls from Charlotte there, specifically to see their favorite wrestler Charlotte, and you made them cry, you bastards!!!

There is zero reason to false advertise.  ZERO.  And WWE does it left and right, even when they know the rassler won't be there.  This is early 90's WCW shit

The hilarious part though is Charlotte flipping it on the stupid fans for being mad at her for supporting her man and not her stupid company.  I get it and all, but geez....

2 hours ago, Al said:

To be honest I'm amazed that a wrestler has the kind of job security that they can opt out of a weekend show to attend another company's show in another country. In the 1980s that would've been utterly insane.

Not just that.  A match with her recently released fiance wrestling the AEW champion, discussed on a podcast hosted by the wife of the former AEW champion.....

bizarre times we are living in all around

10 hours ago, cm funk said:

And WWE does it left and right, even when they know the rassler won't be there.  This is early 90's WCW shit

That's not even the worst example, Verne used to false advertise people he knew left the AWA until they appeared on WWF TV. He was probably low key the scummiest non Vince promoter but because the AWA died before the internet it doesn't really get talked about on the same level since it was before the time of like 80% of the people who discourse about wrestling these days. 

Also holy shit, SRS just reported that Pete Dunne is in the same boat as Adam Cole, his contract is up and it caught WWE by surprise. They've offered him an extension but he hasn't signed it yet.

FFS, does no one in this clown ass company keep track of when contracts expire?

Remember how Rock's contract expired in early 2005 and they didn't make him an offer, and later said it was due to a "clerical error"? And we all immediately knew that was complete bullshit and *someone* (can't possibly imagine who) was in Vince's ear telling him they didn't need Rock anymore? Because Vince would never be as unorganized and scatterbrained as WCW and Eric Bischoff were, and this would be WCW-level move? I don't think any of us could have predicted then that there would come a time when WWE would actually be this incompetent at the absolute most basic shit. Not just forgetting about contracts expiring, they also did not realize that Alastair Black's non-compete had never been upgraded from 30 days to 90 days even after moving to the main roster. It is certainly something to witness. 

As much as Jim Ross has lost a step on commentary, and outside of his Jeff Jarrett contract flub, I bet they're really missing Ross right now being the head of talent relations. That man did so much behind the scenes for WWE, Gerry Brisco too, that it blows my mind they let them leave the way they did. But you bring back Prichard & Laurenitis? Reap what you sow. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Also holy shit, SRS just reported that Pete Dunne is in the same boat as Adam Cole, his contract is up and it caught WWE by surprise. They've offered him an extension but he hasn't signed it yet.

FFS, does no one in this clown ass company keep track of when contracts expire?

Maybe they have weird auto renewals or extension terms in them based on certain things but realistically, how do you note have an excel file with a bunch of names and dates in there at a minimum? An intern could handle this

20 hours ago, Steenalized said:

Maybe they have weird auto renewals or extension terms in them based on certain things but realistically, how do you note have an excel file with a bunch of names and dates in there at a minimum? An intern could handle this

Woods and Breeze check that shit out weekly on their "Battle of Brands" show on Youtube, maybe they can rehire Breeze or something :lol:

21 hours ago, sek69 said:

I mean, even your local podunk indy knows if someone works for them or not. You'd think WWE would at least have *that* part under control, but apparently not. 

Things get lost in the shuffle when you hoard talent just to try and starve out competition. You would think someone had a spreadsheet that had expiration dates on it though. 

8 minutes ago, joeg said:

Just read they closed down their Japan office and in doing so fired over 100 people. Anybody have any idea what the purpose of their Japan office was as I didn't even know it existed.  

Like NXT UK, they were hoping to branch out with NXT Japan and other NXT territories in various parts of the world.

5 minutes ago, joeg said:

Ah.... Didn't they attempt to buy NOAH or AJPW a few years ago? 

Pretty sure it was NOAH, either way it's practically impossible for a foreign company to buy a Japanese one. Between the laws and the culture in Japan there was zero chance it was ever going to work unless they built it themselves from the ground up. Even then it would be rough, considering Microsoft couldn't convince the Japanese to buy Xboxes for like 20 years now. Good luck getting then to support a rasslin' company owned by Americans.