Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Timothy Thatcher 

No surprise here, especially after the advent of NXT 2.0, but he had no prayer on the main roster either way.

Out of the cuts we know of so far, Regal is the only one AEW should jump to sign IMO.

2 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Wondering how much input Shawn Michaels has in those decisions. He's running NXT 2.0 right now and Vince is probably thrilled with how it's going. So at the end of the day, Vince probably wants Shawn with people he can entrust to deliver on that vision. Looks like those people no longer fit the mold.

I wouldnt be surprised if Shawn eventually gets cut.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they are keeping Shawn around (who would be the most obvious guy to cut if you want to remove all traces of HHH) just because Vince is afraid he would show up in AEW.

That might sound crazy but remember Shawn spent the whole Attitude Era threatening to quit and go to WCW to make sure he got his way so that's probably where Vince's brain is at. 

I don't think Shawn is being kept for his role in NXT as much as he is that he was a big star in pro wrestling. Remember, they have Austin, Hogan and Undertaker locked up under big money deals, and people like Hall and Nash under smaller deals but they are still under contract, for the rest of their lives because they don't want them to ever leave. They had Flair under a similar deal until he became too much to deal with.

5 hours ago, strobogo said:

Getting rid of Regal is crazy to me. Why on earth would you NOT want him with such a young and inexperienced group that they're running with now in NXT? 

Don't need someone to scout the indies anymore, just watch college basketball games.

Is Shawn really an HHH guy? Like, I know they are best friends, but I feel like Shawn was a Vince guy before he was an HHH guy. Vince has loved him since pretty much the first day of his (2nd) WWF tenure, we've all heard him on commentary during Shawn's matches. Feels to me that there's a far bigger possibility that Shawn is the Brutus to Hunter's Caesar.

12 minutes ago, gonzalez said:

So what’s the plan here? Are they going to completely change the staff, or are they closing the performance center permanently?

Seems like Vince will want to surround Shawn with people that he (Vince) can trust to lead NXT 2.0 the way he wants it to. So anything linked to Triple H had to go I guess.

10 hours ago, MoS said:

Is Shawn really an HHH guy? Like, I know they are best friends, but I feel like Shawn was a Vince guy before he was an HHH guy. Vince has loved him since pretty much the first day of his (2nd) WWF tenure, we've all heard him on commentary during Shawn's matches. Feels to me that there's a far bigger possibility that Shawn is the Brutus to Hunter's Caesar.

He was originally a Vince Guy to be sure (maybe even the ultimate Vince Guy if rumors of the time are to be believed) but Hunter by all accounts went to bat for him after he found Jesus and brought him back in the fold, so I suppose it's a matter of where his loyalties are.