WWE TV 08/24 - 08/30 HUGE News!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Lies!

Mauro and Barrett would be an amazing announcing duo.

Mauro would shout over and cut over him as Mauro did with Beth and Nigel.

I thought NXT was a pretty good course correction on the dull pre-Takeover shows. Wish there was a stronger babyface/heel delineation on the top of the card. Too many tweeners, shades of grey and nothing and no one to really root for.

14 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I've legit been trying to figure out a less appealing looking match to me then those 4 getting to work 60 minutes and I legitimately cannot do it. I might hate watch this thing because fuck it.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton vs. John Morrison doing the same stipulation? If you happen to like one of those guys, you can replace them by Bray Wyatt, Jinder Mahal, Bobby Lashley oder Robert Roode. Alternatively, Big Show (2020) vs. Kane (2020) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Lars Sullivan should do the trick as well.

4 hours ago, rovert said:

Mauro would shout over and cut over him as Mauro did with Beth and Nigel.

Three-person booths are a mess in general, even in the best of times.

Like it or not, Mauro has clearly been designated as the star announcer - Nigel and Beth (or whoever) are just there to add garnish. Sour grapes from Corey Graves doesn't change that situation.

With that said, I think Mauro and Barrett would work as a team. But it's all theoretical until we actually hear them together.

Speaking of which, Mauro and the King are the official voices of the new WWE Battlegrounds game. Great news that will definitely drive those last-minute preorders!

13 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So in response to Austin Theory showing back up in NXT, Dave basically insinuated its where WWE is going to put people who need a lower profile for a bit.

Interesting, because I was coming to ask if Theory being back along with Dream means WWE think no one watches or cares about NXT. Cannot wait for Quack to make his nxt debut

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

A Iron Man match with Bray Wyatt wouldn't even be a wrestling match, though. I'd be more like an experimental art film. Like, they'd all all travel the planes of existence for 60 minutes and then the match would just end.

It would be like 2001: A Space Odissey, then. Impossible to watch in one sitting

Just a thought...

What they should've done after Kross vacated the title was have all 4 of those guys come and demand to be in the match.

But then have Regal or HHH say, "No, NXT is about opportunity" or some other reason and put the title up between, I dunno...Timothy Thatcher, Roderick Strong or Kyle O'Reilly, Dijakovic, and maybe someone called back from the main roster (Roode? Ricochet? Ali?). It doesn't really matter who they put in this 4-way, the main point would be that it wouldn't be a 60-minute match and it wouldn't feature 4 guys who are as played out as these 4. 

Lets say you put the title on Strong or O'Reilly, then you have a built-in feud with Cole over not only the title but the leadership of the Undisputed Era. Its not a storyline that I personally would be thrilled about (I don't like Cole) but its classic pro-wrestling and lends itself to easy episodic storytelling from then on.

Or you put the title on Thatcher, who just lost to Balor last Saturday. Again, there's easy history to play up for a rematch. (And I'd add that it was Balor's best-received match in forever too.)

Or you put the title on someone like Richochet (or Ali or some other returning NXT guy) and you have Gargano or Ciampa go after him because he "abandoned NXT" or because he was given the title on a silver platter and didn't have to face the NXT's "rightful champion." In this scenario, Gargano or Ciampa have a legit gripe for being passed over that leads them to go after the new babyface champion.

I'm not saying any of these storylines are going to reignite my interest in NXT or are innovative or super creative. But at least in these scenarios, you have somewhere to go after next week, you might have helped push a fresher talent (Thatcher, O'Reilly as a singles guy), or you revitalized someone who is seemingly dead on the main roster.  

15 minutes ago, DMJ said:

the main point would be that it wouldn't be a 60-minute match and it wouldn't feature 4 guys who are as played out as these 4. 

I'm no Finn fan, but I'd argue he's not played out at all.

If anything, he's somehow been used worse in this NXT run than he was in his post-injury WWE run.

If the result is anything other than them hitting the reset button and going with Finn Balor as champ, it will be the wrong result and beyond stale.

Sure, you could argue for better picks - not that any of yours excite me in the least, TBH (except maybe a revitalized Ali actually being used properly) - but Kross's injury was not exactly something they planned for.

5 hours ago, Robert S said:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton vs. John Morrison doing the same stipulation? If you happen to like one of those guys, you can replace them by Bray Wyatt, Jinder Mahal, Bobby Lashley oder Robert Roode. Alternatively, Big Show (2020) vs. Kane (2020) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Lars Sullivan should do the trick as well.

I think Orton, Morrison, and even Ziggler are much better at constructing a good slow paced match then Cole, Gargano, or Ciampa is. 

Hell I’ve seen a TV 60 minute match from Morrison that was actually good.

Out of the 4 we have, yes, I'd agree that Finn is the correct choice.

But as was mentioned last Saturday, he went from the first Universal Champion to wrestling in the opener on the developmental league PPV. He still has a "failure stench" on him.

Which, to put my fantasy booker hat on again, is maybe something they should lean into character-wise. Something akin to when Cactus Jack was in ECW but wanted to be "rescued" by Eric Bischoff? Like, instead of being proud to be in NXT, Balor could act like he's above it all, talks down about the brand, etc.? Obviously having your Champion talking about the brand itself as being a place for green rookies and guys who can't make it on the real brands (Balor could claim he *is did* make it because he was the first Universal Champion but was sent to NXT because they needed a "real star") is problematic, but fuck it, a couple years back they had the McMahons themselves come out and admit that RAW sucked.