Pro Wrestling Only

R.I.P. Jon Huber (Brodie Lee/Luke Harper)

C.S.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently he had a lung issue? Legit had no idea he had any lung issues. I thought someone said a couple weeks back that he had a knee injury and I thought yeah that sucked, but he would be back and better. He was on TV just a month back and looked so good. 

I am in complete shock. This is terrible. I hate this so much.

6 minutes ago, MoS said:

Apparently he had a lung issue? Legit had no idea he had any lung issues.

Me neither. WTF?

Wasn't Meltzer coy a couple of weeks ago about why Brodie Lee wasn't on TV? Understandable considering medical/privacy issues. But no one expected anything like this. :( 

From December 7 Observer, referring to a Tony Khan press call...

He said he couldn’t comment on why Brodie Lee was gone (this is a state secret that nobody is talking about) but that he hopes he’ll be back soon.

Surrounded by family, so this wasn’t sudden. Whatever it is, it’s really awful.

I'm glad Steph avoided what I fear will be a common occurrence: "Our deepest sympathies to the family of @brodielee" or "shocked to hear @brodielee has passed. Condolences to @manda" or "I remember travelling with @brodielee". Shits me to fucking tears when people are reduced to an "@". (Although she did hashtag her fucking RIP....smh).

What devastating news. Heartbreaking for the family and also for Chis "mookieghana" Harrington as well as they were friends from growing up in the Western NY area. He would occasionally mention him when he was doing the Wrestlenomics podcast and you could tell he loved the guy.

15 minutes ago, C.S. said:

so did everyone else

Just makes it worse. It impersonalises and trivialises everything. This is a time of genuine grief and their first instinct is to corporatise their condolences. To me, there is a massive difference between:

RIP Jon Huber

and

#RIPJonHuber

If some fucker said to me, "I'm sorry to hear about your hashtag mum", I'd have to hashtag slap them.

10 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

Just makes it worse. It impersonalises and trivialises everything. This is a time of genuine grief and their first instinct is to corporatise their condolences. To me, there is a massive difference between:

RIP Jon Huber

and

#RIPJonHuber

If some fucker said to me, "I'm sorry to hear about your hashtag mum", I'd have to hashtag slap them.

This REALLY isn't the time or the place for your nonsense.

Saw this being shared, really made me choke up a little.

18 minutes ago, Cowboy Hats 4.0 said:

Surprisingly gutted by this. What the hell.

I was thinking about this, and I figure it's because he's the opposite of pretty much every wrestler who ever died in his 40s or younger that wasn't due to some sort of accident.  So many others were "well it was only a matter of time" for a multitude of reasons.  None of the usual wrestling warning signs were in play, can't even blame the usual 2020 boogeyman of COVID. 

Just a universally loved guy who left us too soon. 

1 hour ago, Dav'oh said:

RIP Jon Huber

and

#RIPJonHuber

Wow, I can't believe people use Twitter parlance when they're on Twitter. It has nothing to do with corporate, it's so people can commiserate by reading the other tweets that use the hashtag. If somebody would say that to your face in real life, well, they'd probably have some kind of disorder.

FOH with this.

Fuuuuck! :(

thewindhamrotunda You were my best friend. My brother, my partner, my Terry Gordy. We changed this whole game because we refused to do it any way but OUR way. We were always at our best when we were a team I think we both knew it. We fought like brothers because we were. I’m so goddamn pissed. This isn’t how it was supposed to be, it was supposed to be us fat, bald and useless running Wyatt Family spots in high school gyms in our 70’s. Where do we go now? What do I do knowing I’ll never hear your condescending sarcasm as I am riding high. I miss you so fucking much already. I would do anything just live through our worst moments again I can’t believe you’re gone. I’m so sorry brother. I’m so sorry. You will always be a part of me, whether I like it or not without you everything is different and I hope Amanda truly knows that I am here not just to say it but because I love them too. I will make sure your son knows the incredible man you were. Not the legends people will tell but the real you that very few people got to see. I promise I’ll put him over clean in dark matches when he’s old enough just like I promised. ;)I’m hurting so bad. I wish I had a chance to say goodbye. But then again, it’s Saturday and you know what that means.... save me a seat next to you wherever you are, that’s where I belong. I’ll be there when it’s my time. Goodbye forever Brodie. I love you

Windham

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJSX4wzpYy8/