Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/01 - 02/07 PALMEIRAS IS THE LIBERTADORES DA AMERICA CHAMPION

KawadaSmile

14 hours ago, El-P said:

being the most streamed artist "in the world" really doesn't mean he is well known *all over the world*

It's the same with "ten million views" or "ten million followers". That leaves 7,784 million people who don't give a shit. The glass is almost completely empty but it's presented as overflowing...

Also, "trending", "trending worldwide", "top-trending" or whathaveyou. It could be a million people tweeting "Who booked this crap?" or "Cane Vince's Balls", but there's never any context given - just the numbers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point A) I'm still relevant, the rest of yourselves are letting yourseleva down 

Point B looking forward to Friday morning @MoS

It's going to be the first Test Series on Network TV in the UK since the Ashes 2005. And we'll need a performance like that again. 

And finally, Point C) Disco Bollywood tunes ucking bang 

3 hours ago, ButchReedMark said:

As does Bhangra

Point B looking forward to Friday morning @MoS

It's going to be the first Test Series on Network TV in the UK since the Ashes 2005. And we'll need a performance like that again. 

And finally, Point C) Disco Bollywood tunes ucking bang 

As does Bhangra

Thanks, mate. I would shamelessly spread my culture a bit more - which actually includes Fake!Taker and Crush having a wrestling match in a Bollywood movie, but I think I shared it a few years back, and I don't want to be the desi version of, I dunno, Don Callis

14 hours ago, C.S. said:

The wrong Forgotten Son, Steve Cutler, was future endeavored. 

Wesley Blake was the talent of that group, but it boggles my mind how someone as completely useless as Jaxon Ryker still has a job. 

Ryker is big.

Speaking of big, I just realized that the Authors of Pain were released.  What happened there?  Those guys were money, IMO.

2 hours ago, Log said:

Speaking of big, I just realized that the Authors of Pain were released.  What happened there?  Those guys were money, IMO.

They just had bad luck with injuries. They had more time on the shelf than actually being active. If Akam wasn't hurt, Rezar was.

Still, AOP is astonishingly young, so it's not like it's game over for them. 

Far be it for me to ever defend Vince, but "Vince is pissed at Cutler going to a New Years party and getting COVID after the talent was warned specifically about that" is a different situation than "Vince fires a jobber because he got COVID".

At this point I have zero sympathy for anyone who got exposed due to their own stupidity. 

Its weird to me that people are pissed/peeved about Cesaro re-signing.

What is the alternative for this guy? He likely got a great money deal and while there are obviously dream matches with AEW, NJPW, and other talents that we now won't see, that's something that us fans want from him rather than for him. He's 40. He did the indies for a long, long time. I'm glad he's getting paid. At the end of the day, as uber talented as he is, I also don't know if he's a guy that goes to AEW automatically gets put into Jon Moxley's position. I mean, isn't it more likely he ends up as Miro/Rusev? 

And I know the people here are well aware of Cesaro's background, but in other places (r/sc, for example), there's also people who seem to think he didn't have many, many relatively easy-to-find matches against the same guys that people would love to see him work with now. Its like, you wanna see Cesaro vs. Kenny Omega? Google it. He did his time in RoH and CHIKARA and elsewhere. Hell, I saw him do a 3-way dance with Daniel Bryan and Christopher Daniels in a tiny gym in Cleveland and its on YouTube and it was awesome and I'm guessing he maybe made a couple hundred bucks for it. 

I don't know, just seems weird that people see his WWE run as some sort of failure when, 7-8 years ago, the conventional wisdom was that the yodeling gimmick was going to do him in and he'd probably be future endeavored. Here we are in 2021 and while it may be disappointing to some that he's probably a WWE Lifer, I can't begrudge his decision at all.

It's probably the best decision for him financially, but I understand how it can be disappointing for some to see him re-up when we've seen other people both above and below him on the WWE food chain prosper in other places.  He's more than earned the right to just cash WWE checks for life but I can't say there's not a part of me that would like to see him tear shit up in a company that sees more in him than a good hand that can work with whoever the company is giving the latest three week push to. 

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Far be it for me to ever defend Vince, but "Vince is pissed at Cutler going to a New Years party and getting COVID after the talent was warned specifically about that" is a different situation than "Vince fires a jobber because he got COVID".

At this point I have zero sympathy for anyone who got exposed due to their own stupidity. 

In Cutler's case, if I read correctly, it seems one of the major factors that played into this decision is that Vince had allegedly promised to Roman Reigns upon his return a safe working environment when it came to COVID and everything. And with Cutler catching COVID at a New Year's Party, it seems like Vince took it as a slap to the face.

The most frustrated man right now must be Wesley Blake. Back on the shelf once again for something he had nothing to do with but because of stupidity from the people he was paired with.

I agree with @DMJ and @sek69 about Cesaro, but even chasing the big WWE money isn't guaranteed - it's not like this is a company that actually keeps its word or hesitates to release talent during the middle of a worldwide pandemic. With that said, even if Cesaro does get released a year or two down the road, AEW, NJPW, etc. will presumably still be wide open to him then. 

Cesaro is possibly the greatest tag worker of this generation and is pushed like that. People are disappointed he doesn't have a WWE Title run, but even then I don't think he would get a stronger push elsewhere.

He's great, people love him and he's one of those guys you can use to give other people credibility and be a credible challenger at any given moment.

I liked the Cesaro/Bryan match.  Wish it had gone longer though, and that Bryan had a chance to work that cut on Cesaro's right ear. I liked the Intercontinental Triple Threat too and wished that had been on payperview as it seemed as if it was just about to kick into a higher gear when it ended. I liked that it wasn't just guys taking turns and seemed like it was about an escalation of violence coming our of the frustration from both Crewes and Zayn not being able to end the match. I would have liked to see that continue, maybe with Crewes going full heel during the match out of frustration. I do like how it seems Big E was able to win the match because he remained focused on winning the match while the other 2 lost focus.

I don't have a problem with Cesaro staying in WWE.  Why the hell would he want to leave?  He's a legit vet there at this point and probably one of the most respected guys in the company.

I just wish WWE had been better during the prime decade of his career.  He'll be a guy who's around doing stuff for a few more years, and maybe if WWE can get out of their own way when it comes to pushing new talent he can be a super valuable guy to help get people over

It was a recording stricken by grief that no one should draw conclusions from. But Cesaro didn't exactly have a Chris Hero-like recall and reverence for the indies on the Brodie Lee tribute episode the New Day podcast recorded. Cesaro's memories were spurred by his Twitter timeline and gifs more than actual recall.

Also, he (likely) is operating under a US Visa and needs a WWE or "an office" to sponsor him also. Moving elsewhere promotionally would mean an indeterminate amount of months of moving back home and reapplying to the US on a fingers crossed basis

Pre-COVID made that process slow/more difficult under the Trump regime. Various stages of COVID made it impossible after that.