Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fastlane: The Peacock Era Begins!

C.S.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Do people really think Charlotte Flair walks around telling the corporation what to do? I think the net has projected a lot of power into her that isn't accurate. 

She already used her power once to keep them together in the draft, she's the top women's star for the foreseeable future (unless Becky comes back), and she's the daughter of a legend both Vince and Hunter have a soft spot for. 

So yeah, I do think she has top star level pull. No I don't think she has a seat on the Board of Directors, but I would think she could convince people in WWE it's probably not in their best interest to keep jerking her fiance around. 

Show was just there prior to the fantastic Sheamus/McIntyre video package which up until that point was the best thing on the show. Then their match was even better. What a war. I know Sheamus is pale but fucking hell, all the scratches and bruises all over this body. Proof that you can have a sufficiently violent match without the use of blood. Main event was a blast as expected. I see some were disappointed but I thought it was great. Probably the most I've liked a match that's taken place in the "thunderdome". What a ref bump! I certainly hope this is still leading to Bryan getting into the match.

Amazing news on Andrade. 

17 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

What's interesting in the comparison is that in 2014, WWE had an obvious metric that made them shift course - fan reaction. What's driving them to turn Edge this year? Ratings numbers? Social media engagement? (This assumes this wasn't planned all along, which I honestly have no idea on.)

Doesn't turning Edge heel defeat the whole purpose of building that comeback story by winning the Rumble? I get that the circumstances of Batista returning and then turning heel aren't exactly the same and were eventually warranted but at the very worst, put Edge in a tweener role instead than full-fledged heel for this one.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

One theory I saw mentioned that WWE could've gone into panic mode after they realized Christian wasn't going to stick around. Maybe he would play a bigger part in the build to Edge/Roman and they decided to fill time with Bryan, which in turn led to this musical chairs-like alignment.

Christian would've been such an awesome addition to the current roster. :( WWE lost out big time by never realizing and valuing what they had in him.

52 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I think he just didn't have a contract and AEW snatched him. Took him for granted, that's for sure.

Weird, with Christian being positioned strong in the Rumble as one of the final four.

I wonder if that spot is something fans take more seriously than Vince, Hunter, etc. do. 

Late to the party here but I thought Roman/Bryan was the best main roster bout since Bryan/Kofi.  Just tremendous pacing, selling and storytelling with an awesome babyface/heel dynamic.  I can get why some folks found it overbooked but I thought it was very well laid out with Edge essentially an afterthought until the very end rather than casting a shadow over the entire match.