Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

C.S.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/3/2024 at 11:21 PM, El-P said:

Dynamite Kansai's illness totally fucked her up too now that I think of it. From "awesome worker" to "oh wow, she kinda lame now" in no time.

She'd been wrestling for a good ten years at the time, though. That's a lot of mileage on a Joshi pro wrestler from that era. I suspect she would have slowed down regardless of her illness. She still had some bangers when she was working her way through her health problems in '97. I kind of like some of her GAEA stuff. It's not the way you wanna remember Dynamite Kansai and others of her generation, but everybody gets old eventually and there was some decent post-prime stuff from her up until the period I'm familiar with (2004.)

Responses to Toddler Tony's embarrassing tantrum.

Yes he does.

Jinder shouldn't have responded, or dragged an innocent party - Hook - into it, like TK did to Jinder.

But TK brags and babbles about ratios. Well, he just got ratioed by both Graves and Jinder.

22 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Jacksonville Jaguars are out of the playoffs and this fool is out there being a massive shitposter. Trevor Lawrence should just move to pro wrestling.

not to mention the transfer window is open in England and Fulham still can’t get a striker worth a damn.  

TK beefing with an unpaid intern running the USA Network Twitter account is not, like, the *best* sign for the long-term health and sustainability of the second biggest promotion in the world. “Tony’s Twitter” is a great segment for a future “Dark Side…” though!

Counterpoint: the long-term health and sustainability of the second biggest promotion in the world is completely unaffected by a tweet. If he was raping and paying hush money to women....wait, not even then :(

He literally can't help being a shitposter, but "billionaire being kind of a dick" is pretty popular on the Platform Formerly Known As Twitter right now so at least he's in the right place to be doing it

Also he's not wrong for pointing out the WWE drones look kind of silly talking shit on AEW giving Hook a title shot when you have Jinder out here getting inserted in the mix again (I know everyone ironically likes him now, but c'mon does anyone buy him as a credible opponent for anyone in the upper/mid card of 2024 WWE?)

2 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

Counterpoint: the long-term health and sustainability of the second biggest promotion in the world is completely unaffected by a tweet. If he was raping and paying hush money to women....wait, not even then :(

This.

The amount of hypocrisy and overreaction about everything AEW has always been completely ridiculous. I'm out of the loop, so I was not even aware that there was some "Twitter outrage" about Hook getting a title shot. Which is, indeed, completely ridiculous and even more in the wake of Jinder fucking Mahal getting in the title picture from outta nowhere (apart from getting owned by the Rock last week in an "angle" reeking of 30 years ago when "fuck yeah 'murica" was in vogue. Wait... MAGA this MAGA that, ok, maybe not that passé after all).

But anywoo. I have my (large) shares of criticism for Coach TK, but him staying a DVDVR shitposter at heart certainly ain't one of them.

And the fake concern for the business aspect of it from people who never ever cared about AEW anyway is comical at best. Yeah, that's not "responsible", probably. What is responsible is striking big money deals with the Saudis, for instance. 

Speaking of hypocrisy though, the same people booing Jericho's name on Collision yet popped for Flair early on, jeeez. Maybe that fly attendant should have posted an emoticon under a Dark SIde Tweet or something.

I was actually going to post that we'd see how well my thesis regarding the fortunes of AEW and the Jaguars being inversely proportional held up now that the Jags missed the playoffs. That theory is obviously out the window if it just means TK has more time to shitpost on Twitter. The real irony is that tweet did more to get Jinder over than anything WWE could have done. By the way, was there really significant outrage over HOOK getting a title shot or was that a figment of TK's Adderall-addled imagination?

Jinder replying "Who the fuck is HOOK ?" is fair game. Especially considering he can always hope for a spot on ROH when he get cuts next time TKO decides their bottom line is not good enough (seriously, who even thought the guy was still employed ?). Hell, this might get him over with the WWE crowd for the first time ever. He'll still be Jinder, mind you, but better than what he ever was at his "peak" (token Indian Guy pushed out of nowhere for the India market, well not really since Triple H beat him before he could even make it there anyway, then vanished for ever).

And then there are just plain brainwashed dumbfucks with cult-like attitude like this. Yeah, sure, tell the boss of the second biggest pro-wrestling company in the world to STFU just because you feel like a soldier fighting the good fight or something. The guy sure hopes he's under WWE contract for ever, because if not, then he can always shoot for TNA, MLW or a William Corgan's big ass contract.

Khan getting into it with people on Twitter is not really worth speaking about but he can’t really talk about wins leading to title shots when he scrapped his rankings to be replaced by constant open challenges to build title matches 

8 hours ago, El-P said:

And then there are just plain brainwashed dumbfucks with cult-like attitude like this. Yeah, sure, tell the boss of the second biggest pro-wrestling company in the world to STFU just because you feel like a soldier fighting the good fight or something.

To be fair, you probably put way more thought into this dipshit's post than he did. :lol: