Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

C.S.

Kinda wonder if they would've waited longer to pull the trigger with Swerve if their numbers were doing a bit better.  This is one of the things they had to do to even begin to earn positive buzz back, and i feel like the pendulum will eventually swing at least a little bit given the quality of their shows this year.  Seen a lot of raving about Danielson-Ospreay even outside the AEW fan bubble, too.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There were a couple of moments from Ospreay I wasn’t a fan of in the match but they were mainly nitpicking the totality. The finish is fine, especially given how Bryan mentioned the need for the TD ‘91 to be done at all as an “criticism” of Ospreay and the brainbuster on the ramp the night before. Played into it well. 

I’ll catch up on the rest of the show, but my guess is that this match will be widely regarded as Ospreay’s official arrival as the wrestler of his generation on a wider scale, and another feather in Bryan’s cap, but the true sickos will look back at Arena Mexico a few weeks prior as the best match of the month for him. 

I’m just happy I got to see a Death Lake Driver again. Mima Shimoda the goddess. 

Just now, Timbo Slice said:

Because I’m tired and posted to the wrong thread. Yay

Oh I totally get it, I was just joking cuz it was funny that the discussion about this match in particular happened here! Now, Jericho-HOOK, on the other hand.....

• 2 weeks later...

However, it has to be said that the analysis is incomplete until we see how other segments in the same time slot (and preferably against the same competition with the same number of ad breaks) have done over a significant period of time, in order to draw comparisons. 

They are certainly no Cody-like draws, definitely 

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Someone took up the task of analyzing Young Bucks segments and whether or not they lost viewers. Turns out they are a legit channel changer.

I'm pretty sure it got worse up until this new authority angle they are running with. We've been pointing out who they've been ratings death for months now.