AEW TV 10/5-10/7

sek69

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL. I gotta believe Sammy and Andrade only got into a shouting argument because there's now way Guevara was in a fight backstage and not only keep his spot in the main event, he also got to showcase and get the W.

I know some folks are big fans of Jericho's run this year, and he indeed has had a lot of good matches in 2022, but I have no interest in another match with Dragon.

Does García face Jericho at the PPV to unify the belts or does García costs Jericho his Ocho? I also have no interest in that match between them either (and neither does the crowd, it seems).

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Was that announced? I missed that. 

Sammy got roundly booed, far more than Jericho or 2.0 - 2.0 Cocaine is going to get massively cheered the day he turns anyway. it's a different world today, but if Sammy manages to get his head straight, he can be a true proper heel with nuclear heat. The 1996-98 Shawn Michaels comparison isn't too far off. 

I’m a Sammy fan, and I love the heat, as long as they can keep it as real heel heat and not go away heat. A lot of that is up to Sammy. Hopefully he can stop doing stupid stuff outside of the ring, because otherwise I think he’s money. 

5 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

LOL. I gotta believe Sammy and Andrade only got into a shouting argument because there's now way Guevara was in a fight backstage and not only keep his spot in the main event, he also got to showcase and get the W.

At this point I'm willing to believe Andrade did that interview without AEW knowing it, and the backstage altercation was just a convenient excuse to get rid of him for the night.

This was not the week to put Sammy and Jericho over. It left a bad taste in the mouth, especially because, given how loudly fans were booing Sammy, fans knew what had happened backstage. Jericho has also been accumulating a shit-load of "heat" since he turned back heel, and so far has not put over anyone who would actually get elevated by it - tapping out to Mox and Danielson doesn't do much, they are already above him in the pecking order.

Got caught up on the rest of the show since I started watching late. MJF vs Yuta was a good opener, little bit of a tease of MJF maybe acting face like, Regal bringing out the brass knuckles was cool. Darby going over Lethal was 100% the right move, not a fan of the handshake drama at the end of both matches back to back, but with different outcomes on each it helped a little. Wardlow and Cage was good, Wardlow destroying people every week would help him if they would stick with it. The fact that he's only having one defense a month of the TNT title when it was supposed to be a TV title type belt defended every week is not good. Glad FTR gets to be on TV and finally has a tag match scheduled this week. The jury is still out on Saraya, random multi women's matches every week is doing the division no favors. Hayter finally turning on Britt could be a big deal but seems far away now. National Scissoring Day celebration was fun, Bowens came off the best I think. Didn't realize Caster's dad was in the NFL, that was a nice touch since he played for Washington. 

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Kingston's whole booking just looks weirder each passing week.

The fans love him, he has good matches and he might be the best promo in the business. Why would you actually want to put him on TV or feature him in any way? Then he might actually make you some money! Can’t have that!  Besides, he would only serve to take away precious TV time from Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia. Can’t have that, brother. He goes into the “Now You See Him, Now You Don’t” file with Miro and FTR. And Ricky Starks, looks like. And Jamie Hayter’s push.

12 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

The fans love him, he has good matches and he might be the best promo in the business. Why would you actually want to put him on TV or feature him in any way? Then he might actually make you some money! Can’t have that!  Besides, he would only serve to take away precious TV time from Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia. Can’t have that, brother. He goes into the “Now You See Him, Now You Don’t” file with Miro and FTR. And Ricky Starks, looks like. And Jamie Hayter’s push.

It's so frustrating to have favorites on the roster & watch them struggle to even make the shows when people you think suck get featured damn near every week. Gotta make room for people like Jay Lethal & Sammy Guevara...

And yes, Sammy fucking sucks. Even before all this backstage nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Jay Lethal

Jay is there to lose. He’s there to put guys over in competent, competitive matches. Guys like Nese and Lethal are important so that every match isn’t one where neither guy can lose. Occasionally you get matches like that but they can’t be every match. He’s on so often because people need to beat him so much. That’s not the role you want Miro or Kingston in. 

So Dave outright said Andrade is trying to get fired so he can go back to WWE and that's why Sammy wasn't punished last night. 

Seems that's why Tony went on his rant about having more money than Crockett and not taking WWE's bullshit, that tampering deal appears to be when Andrade started his attempt to get fired.

Look, I'm not defending punching someone to get fired so you can go to where you really want to work. Wait, since that's the most wrestling sentence I've ever typed, I change my mind. :lol:  I love that Andrade looked at the Punk/ Elite fiasco and said, "Hmmmm. Ok. I guess that's how HR works here?  Twitter and and backstage fights? No problem."

But if this isn't some work shoot bullshit, why can't Andrade just be able to go work where he wants in the same company as his wife and old boss who was behind him? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the wrestlers in AEW "Independent Contractors"? If we're going to, rightfully, criticize it when WWE makes guys sit out "contracts" when they just want to go work somewhere else, then it's just as fucked up if someone in AEW wants out of their "contract" and can't go work where they want to.

I can picture Andrade bitching to Charlotte, "Jose The Assistant. Seriously, that's the name they came up with. I gotta get outta there." 

Oh and Jose doing the inside baseball "contract tampering" line with Private Party was embarrassingly bad. 

I'd imagine HHH didn't have to "reach out" to Andrade and risk any legal issues. He could just" talk" to Charlotte, right?

Oh and that MJF/ Yuta match started great, then there was that TERRIBLE "Trading Roll ups for too long  and shit that looks phony as fuck", then it got back on track, sorta. Darby/ Lethal did the same bit, did it better and more realistic, and it led to the finish. This was awful fake looking tumbling act bullshit that admittedly, the crowd popped for.  Regal with the knucks was awesome, but why was MJF acting like he had to do what Stokely was demanding? I assumed "The Firm" worked for MJF.

Oh, and Prince Nana on National TV finally is one of my personal delights. I've loved Nana since I first saw him in ROH back in 2004. I even had an Embassy T Shirt. And I got to know him a bit, and he's a great guy. 

And "WardJoe" is a stupid fucking name. It's just as bad as all the WWE attempts to try and follow "JeriShow". "RKBro" got over huge, to be fair,

letterkenny-to-be-fair.gif

but JeriShow is the one they all chase.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the wrestlers in AEW "Independent Contractors"? If we're going to, rightfully, criticize it when WWE makes guys sit out "contracts" when they just want to go work somewhere else, then it's just as fucked up if someone in AEW wants out of their "contract" and can't go work where they want to.

I keep seeing this all over Twitter, and the clear difference is WWE treats contracts like a one-way street where it's ironclad in their direction only. AEW has a history of honoring contracts (Tony's only fired people for cause so far), so they expect the wrestlers to honor their whole deal because they plan to honor it on their end.  Once Tony starts firing people for shits and giggles as well then you can compare it to WWE. 

It sucks when you're locked in to a long term deal and things go sideways, but I don't think Andrade was tricked into signing a long term deal. 

Ironically the best example of how to handle this as a pro was how Moxley realized he didn't like the situation he was in and played out the string until his WWE deal ended.  In fact he was so professional WWE gave him a sendoff in the process. He could have moped and bitched and caused all sorts of a fuss, but he knew what his plan was. 

So, when the good billionaire wants to limit worker's rights to work where then they want, we have excuses for it. 

The actual reality is Tony Khan's AEW contracts are just as company-friendly as WWE ones are, as we've seen with various workers not getting the OK to work various indies, it's just that Daddy Khan hasn't told Tony to stop spending money yet. 

You either believe wrestlers are independent contractors allowed to come and go as they please, or you believe people should follow their contracts. There is no difference between Andrade wanting out and Mustafa Ali wanting out, outside of the fact you have more sympathy for Ali's plight. That's it. 

There is no such thing as a good boss - only a boss that's being good it's best for his bottom line, or his own personal feelings. Ask Lio Rush or Big Swole.

On 10/6/2022 at 3:49 AM, KawadaSmile said:

Christian out there with a Father Mitchell cosplay

With the turtleneck he was in Emmanuel Marcon cosplay. Turtlenecks are the new thing because we gotta save energy this winter, you see. 

Show was mostly terrific. So there. Very good matches after very good matches. You can see the seeds for an MJF face turn because he's there already. Fun little detail that shows one very positive things about the company, Sky Blue acknowledging she needed work on charisma maybe (after she was criticized for not showing any afew weeks ago), while delivering a good punchlines to the heels. That's nice attention to detail. Women match was really good again. Athena is just ridiculous in term of what she's able to execute. Willow is getting over. Penelope has looked really good since her comeback. Jury's out on Saraya, if she works or not. Rush vs Hangman was as good as I expected. Fuck, Rush has totally overdelivered. I hope he doesn't want to follow Andrade's lead. Speaking of overdelivering, Wardlow vs Brian Cage was maybe Wardlow's most fun match. Cage can do so much, just put him back on TV every week already (and I mean Brian). Mox vs Hangman segment was excellent. Yeah, that last line was quite the message to some people in the back. National Scissoring Day was like one of the best feel-good moment in a long while (when did Bowens turned into that promo ? He was the worker of the two, but if he can cut promos like this now, sky is the limit). Main event totally delivering in forwarding the story, Garca and Sammy shined, what else do you want ? 

As far as Andrade goes, it's ridiculous. The guy physically attacks another worker so he can get fired and go to the opposition ? Sammy gets a lot of shit, but let's be real, even if he's an abrasive asshole, he did not physically attack Eddie Kingston nor Andrade. Because people love Kingston (hey, I do too) they don't see the big picture. Sure, he may be kind of a douchebag, but you also gotta recognize that him and Tay got shat on just because they got together and people got irrational and harrassed them on social media and that was the beginning of the Sammy hate. Nothing he actually did that was unprofessional or some shitty match/performance or unwarranted push. So now Guevarra is the guy to hate because... whatever, he's awful or something. Nah.

Honestly, if I'm Paul, I'm not even sure I want Andrade back considering how shitty his attitude seems to be. Of course Charlotte is gonna push for it, but then you have a couple of divas and maybe it's not the best thing for your locker room, especially at a time where optimism rules.

3 hours ago, Jesse Ewiak said:

So, when the good billionaire wants to limit worker's rights to work where then they want, we have excuses for it. 

The actual reality is Tony Khan's AEW contracts are just as company-friendly as WWE ones are,

Sure, don't let reality in the way of a good anti-TK stance. In AEW, 3 years contracts actually are 3 years contracts, not 90 days contracts reconductible for 3 years that can be cut at any moments for no reasons. AEW guys work AAA, Impact, NJPW, various indies all over the world, and thats' including guys like Moxley doing shit in GCW that's barely conceivable for a top star of a mainstream company. But sure, it's *exactly* the same thing, ya see.

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

Once Tony starts firing people for shits and giggles as well then you can compare it to WWE. 

The most hilarious thing is WWE stans actually talking about worker's rights and what the right thing to do is all of a sudden. Like, what ? :lol: If I'm Tony, I just let the guy work anywhere he wants to except WWE for the reminder of his contract. I mean, if punching a guy is your ticket to actually get what you want, that's a pretty shitty signal to send.

But like I said, you're Triple H, do you really want a guy like Andrade, who's had issues in AEW and AAA ? Espeically when he has Santos Escobar under contract, who last time I checked was a better worker (arguable) and better promo (not even close), as a good character, and is also a super professional guy.

My understanding was that AEW folks can work any show they want as long as it doesn't conflict with one of their TV or PPV dates.  Now some folks weren't able to do the Forbidden Door show, but that was due to New Japan not wanting to deal with any fuckery from CMLL over having AAA related folks on the show.