Pro Wrestling Only

People who only had one match in a company?

JRH

I asked this on another board, but might get more responses here: Who are some wrestlers who only had one match in a certain promotion? I'm counting actual wrestlers, no non-wrestlers like Gene Okerlund or Jay Leno. I'll start,Jim Neidhart's one match against Jay Lethal in TNA.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JRH said:

I asked this on another board, but might get more responses here: Who are some wrestlers who only had one match in a certain promotion? I'm counting actual wrestlers, no non-wrestlers like Gene Okerlund or Jay Leno. I'll start,Jim Neidhart's one match against Jay Lethal in TNA.

Tatanka also did a one off against Lethal the following month in TNA.

Chyna's final match, her one in TNA with Kurt Angle vs. Jeff & Karen Jarrett at Sacrifice 2011. 

I feel like TNA is a probably home of these. Jon Moxley doing a dark match/tryout in 2008 that has since been made available online. 

2 hours ago, Alucard said:

Tatanka also did a one off against Lethal the following month in TNA.

Chyna's final match, her one in TNA with Kurt Angle vs. Jeff & Karen Jarrett at Sacrifice 2011. 

I feel like TNA is a probably home of these. Jon Moxley doing a dark match/tryout in 2008 that has since been made available online. 

Luger did a single TNA match (teaming with Jarrett against Sting & AJ Styles in 2003)

1 hour ago, Ma Stump Puller said:

Tadao Yasuda in Fu-Ten jobbing out Junji.com (still curious as to wtf he was doing there)

You have a guy who is known for having a gambling problem jobbing in a promotion where a significant portion of the audience probably was missing a pinky, what's so weird about that?

Each of the pillars had one-offs in outside promotions (Misawa in the AWA, Kawada in UWFi, Kobashi in FMW, Taue in DDT).

The match with Tenryu against Demolition at WM7 is Koji Kitao's only WWE match. He also had a one-off in AAA. He wrestled Masaaki Mochizuki, who worked the match under the name Hideo No More. I have never seen that match and almost certainly never will (the show wasn't taped and there's no handheld footage as far as I know), but I give it five stars on that basis alone.

42 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Each of the pillars had one-offs in outside promotions (Misawa in the AWA, Kawada in UWFi, Kobashi in FMW, Taue in DDT).

The match with Tenryu against Demolition at WM7 is Koji Kitao's only WWE match. He also had a one-off in AAA. He wrestled Masaaki Mochizuki, who worked the match under the name Hideo No More. I have never seen that match and almost certainly never will (the show wasn't taped and there's no handheld footage as far as I know), but I give it five stars on that basis alone.

If you count co-promoted shows as WWF shows:

WWF / SWS WrestleFest @ Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo Dome – March 30, 1991 (42,000; about 25,000 paid; announced at 64,618)
Mel Phillips served as the ring announcer for the show
Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart defeated Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty at 14:41 when Hart pinned Michaels when a crossbody off the top by Michaels put Hart on top for the win (Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart)
Earthquake pinned Koji Kitao at 6:10
Ted Dibiase & Haku defeated the Great Kabuki & Takashi Ishikawa at 15:16 when Dibiase pinned Ishikawa
Samson Fuyuki, Tatsumi Kitihara, Masao Orihara, & Apollo Sugawara defeated Goro Tsurumi, Don Arakawa, Kenichi Oya, & Fumihiro Niikura at 5:37 when Fuyuki pinned Oya
Kendo Nagasaki pinned Jim Duggan at 2:50 with a knee to the midsection and kick to the head (World Tour 1991)
Demolition Smash & Crush defeated Shunji Takano & Shinichi Nakano at 5:22 when Smash pinned Nakano
The Ultimate Warrior pinned Sgt. Slaughter at 6:14 with a series of clotheslines and a splash; prior to the opening bell, Warrior jumped the railing, came through the crowd, and met Slaughter in the crowd before dominating a ringside brawl; early in the bout, Warrior brought a wooden table into the ring and hit Slaughter with it; moments later, Slaughter brought a steel chair into the ring, knocked referee Earl Hebner to the floor, and repeatedly hit Warrior with the weapon
Masa Funaki defeated Naoki Sano via submission at 10:23
Kerry Von Erich defeated WWF IC Champion Mr. Perfect via disqualification at 6:59
Ishinriki & Yoshiaki Yatsu defeated Jimmy Snuka & the Barbarian at 10:00 when Yatsu pinned Barbarian
Randy Savage pinned George Takano at 13:42 with a bodyslam and the flying elbowsmash after dropping Takano throat-first across the top rope; after the match, a Japanese interviewer conducted a backstage interview with Savage regarding his upcoming bout with Genichiro Tenryu in two days in Kobe, Japan
The Legion of Doom defeated WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & Genichiro Tenryu via count-out at 14:03 after Hogan & Tenryu sustained chair shots during a brawl on the floor; after the bout, Hogan & Tenryu cleared the ring of their opponents but Animal eventually reentered the ring and hit referee Earl Hebner as well as several Japanese officials with a chair; the two teams were then separated by officials (The Life & Death of the Road Warriors)

19 hours ago, JRH said:

Daisuke Ikeda in RINGS