Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 10/10 - 10/14 - For Me It Was Tuesday

Timbo Slice

16 hours ago, sek69 said:

That's kind of gross to even imply that,  there's literally nothing to suggest that either Khan has ever done anything to suggest they have any negative feelings about Jews just because they are Muslims. Tony in particular strikes me as the type who doesn't even think about those kind of things because he spends all his time playing IRL Football Manager and TNM.  Plus even if Shad would happen to feel that way, there's really nothing to suggest he has any role with the company other than being the slightly bemused dad happy that his son's rasslin passion ended up being a nice little moneymaking side hustle. 

It was not my intention to gross people out, but AEW wanted to "have a conversation" about it and here we are now.

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

Isn't, like, a non-irrelevant part of the world's population descendants of Genghis Khan? Like, 0,5% of the total population! Wild trivia!

Did you read it? Yeah, it goes into that.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day, Bischoff (German) told Goldberg he couldn't wear the Star of David on his trunks. Now we've got Max dealing out every card from the deck of Jewish stereotypes (nerd, short, racist, bad with women, weak, cheater, materialistic, money hungry, satanic, two faced liar).

18 minutes ago, MLB said:

Back in the day, Bischoff (German) told Goldberg he couldn't wear the Star of David on his trunks. Now we've got Max dealing out every card from the deck of Jewish stereotypes (nerd, short, racist, bad with women, weak, cheater, materialistic, money hungry, satanic, two faced liar).

Dude WTF

You're used to people telling you to knock it off making wild unfounded accusations? That must mean that happens a lot. 

I get that tensions are high right now, and if nothing else AEW should get heat for going forward with this angle in light of world events. It comes off as being entirely in the wrestling bubble and unaware of what's happening around you. 

That escalated quickly. 

I knew as soon as I saw the angle in question that there were gonna be some really, really dumb takes, but I did not expect them on PWO. Or maybe I did, at this point.

Whatever one may think about this idea for an angle (bad idea no matter what if you ask me), this was just the worst timing EVER. I kinda feel bad for Juice, who's probably just doing what he's told and probably will get tons of unwarranted shit for it.

Danielson vs Swerve and Hangman vs White were terrific. Shida winning back the title was pretty cool. Copeland main-eventing against Luchasaurus was asking for a ratings beating (which was predictable and meant nothing anyway, WWE is hot, AEW is cold, Dynamite was not on its regular night and WWE was petty enough to drag MAGATaker's corpse because they don't even have faith in their own current talent, despite the product being way over with its fanbase) and did not feel like AEW at all, totally got me an old TNA feeling where AJ Styles and Samoa Joe were killing it on the undercard while Booker T was main eventing with Tomko... Just felt off.

14 minutes ago, El-P said:

Whatever one may think about this idea for an angle (bad idea no matter what if you ask me), this was just the worst timing EVER. I kinda feel bad for Juice, who's probably just doing what he's told and probably will get tons of unwarranted shit for it.

See, we kinda disagree here. It has been stated that MJF has had creative control over his stuff, and this whole thing doesn't seem like an exception. Wrestlers are some of the carniest people on this planet, so I'm pretty sure this reaction is the one they intended, as awful as it sounds. I think it's more likely they (as in, Max and Juice and all other parts directly involved) DIDN'T listen to outside feedback on this. There was no booking team behind such a terrible decision.

Sure, but AEW is still ultimately responsible for that, whether it comes directly from Tony Khan’s pencil or otherwise. If they’re aren’t overseeing any of this stuff from a creative standpoint, then this is a byproduct of them abdicating that oversight.

It is unfortunate for Juice that this happened because he’s been operating on another level since he found his heel persona on Collision and I can very easily see him taking the brunt of this, but he had a chance to speak up here too.

3 hours ago, MLB said:

Back in the day, Bischoff (German) told Goldberg he couldn't wear the Star of David on his trunks. 

I always heard Bischoff was Jewish (he could be a German Jew), but even if that's inaccurate, your post painting him as an antisemite is ridiculous and completely without merit.

Bischoff comments on it here: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1998-10-11-1998284214-story.html

In a nutshell, he wasn't going to exploit Goldberg's ethnicity - or anyone else's.

9 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Anyway, Edge should have hit a Canadian Destroyer, imo.

If only to spite the douchebag with the "Stop Using Canadian Destroyers" sign, he should have. Imagine paying good money to go to a pro-wrestling show and instead of enjoying some great matches that you actually PAID to watch, you take the time to make such a sign and spend time trying to get it on camera, with the idea that anyone will actually care about what your dumbfuck opinion is. Some pro-wrestling fans are the dumbest dork around.

8 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Khan is clearly a misogynist, so why not a racist as well.

Stop defending the honor of millionaires.

Thank you, champ. 

16 hours ago, C.S. said:

Bischoff comments on it here: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1998-10-11-1998284214-story.html

In a nutshell, he wasn't going to exploit Goldberg's ethnicity - or anyone else's.

Just wow at that statement...you don't know Bischoff. 

I'm all for dunking on millionaires/billionaires, but 99.999% of the time they've done something to warrant it. What has Tony done, short of not being the greatest booker of women's wrestling *? Try too hard to be the anti-Vince he ended up letting his guys run the roost because he didn't want to be seen as a hard-ass?  If it comes out TK and his dad are avowed anti-semites, then fuck them to outer space. I'm not going to bash someone just based on assuming things based on their ethnic/religious background. 

*Wasn't Kenny booking the women's division back when AEW started? Has that changed or does no one want to say there's something Mr. Seven Stars isn't good at?

So this is something....

Not only for obvious "holy shit Mistico in AEW" reasons, but also for a CMLL guy appearing in a promotion that regularly features AAA talent. Rocky must be the sweet-talkingest mf on the planet to keep getting these promotions to work together. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'm all for dunking on millionaires/billionaires, but 99.999% of the time they've done something to warrant it. What has Tony done, short of not being the greatest booker of women's wrestling ?

AEW. And that's enough. Since before it even began, I never saw SO MUCH irrational hatred of a pro-wrestling promotion. Ever. Maybe it's because of the times we live in, with social media making it way worse than before, but it's been ridiculous from day one.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Not only for obvious "holy shit Mistico in AEW" reasons, but also for a CMLL guy appearing in a promotion that regularly features AAA talent. Rocky must be the sweet-talkingest mf on the planet to keep getting these promotions to work together. 

Yeah. Getting Lince Dorado, who worked the CMLL Anniversary show, was one thing, but actually getting Mistico is another level entirely. Rocky is one hell of a smooth operator (and such an underrated in-ring talent too). Fuck, he's now managed by Salina in MLW, can't he bring her to AEW too ?

Apparently Danielson reacted to this by a "AWESOME ! You know what this means...". You know Danielson always wanted to do that Arena Mexico appearance. Damn, I sure hope this happens now.

The funny thing is that they are doing quite a good job on ROH with the women division. Tons of good matches, time for promos and angles, good character developments. The Athena & Billie Starkz relationship is a treasure. Mercedez Martinez is showing character for the first time since I've saw her years ago (I always found her very good in-ring but kinda dull before). Leila Hirsch is doing a terrific job. The Renegade Twins and Lady Frost are fun to watch in their own respective ways. And you have Skye Blue and Willow being fixtures too (and it's obvious they are working toward a turn to the dark side, courtesy of Julia Hart's mist).

Also on ROH, a rare appearance by Martin Casaus, in full batshit Marty the Moth mode. In the same show where Daga make his debut, in a really strong match against QT Marshall (who's also doing a great job as the Mexican Champion). The Lucha Underground fan in me was marking out.

"Fuck Bill Gates" he muttered as he opened Windows 10. "Fuck Jeff Bezos" he grumbled as he checked his mail for updates on the Hogan War Bonnet he had ordered from Amazon. "Fuck Shahid Khan, Stan Kroenke and their pals" he spat as he sat down to watch the SuperBowl. "Fuck Coke" he spake as he drank Coke.

"Fuck Tony K" he proclaimed as he watched some of the best wrestling on the planet.

He's a gimmick poster. Don't bother with him. When the Vince sex scandal thingy happened, he wasn't going "Fuck the billionaires", oddly enough, he was going "oh, El-P is using "Stephy" instead of Stephanie McMahon and it's so sexist, it should be stopped right now, this is outrageous and shocking." to disrupt the discussion about Vince being a rapist and shit. He's a troll with an agenda. Put him on ignore like I do, he's a complete waste of time.