Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV (02/07 - 02/10) Here she come now saying Mone Mone

The Thread Killer

Just now, ...TG said:

We really need that Hechicero-Claudio singles match. And Moxley going to Arena Mexico and playing unhinged ugly American.

I need Mox playing Bruiser Brody in Japan and send people running in terror in Arena Mexico.

Also Claudio vs Mascara Dorada was fucking fantastic for that little bit we got to see.

The "Bo$$ton" graphic is a dead giveaway too.

But to be honest, even though the wink wink I know you know promoting worked like a charm for Punk in Chicago, I think current AEW would've benefited more from straight up announce she was going to debut there. I hope I'm wrong though, they need all the momentum they can get and Revolution two weeks prior to that Boston show is gonna be a huge PPV to get things going.

Honestly, TK would be a complete moron to have both Moné and Okada debut on the same show. The show is in BOSTON, Moné's hometown. If he has indeed landed Okada, you either debut him at Revolution or even the Dynamite right after. Don't overshadow Moné's debut.

29 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Honestly, TK would be a complete moron to have both Moné and Okada debut on the same show. The show is in BOSTON, Moné's hometown. If he has indeed landed Okada, you either debut him at Revolution or even the Dynamite right after. Don't overshadow Moné's debut.

I could be horribly naive and gullible but that announcement sure sounded like he had something in mind for that show besides just Mone's debut.

Hell of a show. Aside from the Undisputed Kingdom shit which took up like 30 seconds, it was a no-bullshit combination of good wrestling action, storyline advancement, and a hot angle at the end.

51 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

I could be horribly naive and gullible but that announcement sure sounded like he had something in mind for that show besides just Mone's debut.

I'm sure he's going to load the show since it will be getting lots of attention, but the announcement was all about telling the fans Mone is coming without flat out saying it.

Interestingly, New Japan is confident they'll still be able to use her in the future so she apparently got one of those "work Japan when you want to" deals.

This Hangman/Swerve deal has got to be the best "double turn" since Bret and Austin in 1997. Even before the finish, where Swerve wanted to keep going and Hangman peaced out, there were hints about it. Hangman hit the DDT on the guadrail and rolls in and tells the ref to count him out. Swerve hits the Deadeye through the table and then quickly gets Hangman back into the ring so he can win the match the "right" way.

I'm loving this BCC/CMLL stuff, although I do wish they didn't rush to get some of the lower card dudes involved quite yet. It just reeks of AEW not wanting to beat any of the BCC guys, but it's not like they can keep the feud hot by always having their guys go over.  Danielson is working the NJPW show on 2/11 and the NJ/CMLL tour starts on 2/12. Cubsfan hypothesized that perhaps Hechicero will be in the front row on 2/11 and will have some sort of confrontation with Danielson.

I'm beyond happy for Sting, a guy I've been watching since I was six years old (and I just turned 41), getting one last title run before he hangs it up. I just worry that it means we'll get another title run from Matthew and Nicholas, and their neverending parade of bullshit.