Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

I was disappointed in the payoff, the bride and groom should have come out to Pomp and Circumstance with the groom wearing a lime green suit with tassels and a matching cowboy hat. Then he could have picked her up and sat her on his shoulder while he walked around the ballroom twirling one finger.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best was CM Punk calling himself a wrestler and Cole correcting him saying he is a superstar. Lawler fires back with Cole must be the sports in sports entertainment.

Not playing dumb like Cole and Lawler on an obvious double count was my favourite.

Guest kowking

Interesting seeing Lawler take the biggest bumps I've seen him do in years (possibly ever?) just a few weeks after having surgery to clear infection out of his knee.

Sad to see such horseshit booking.

Interesting seeing Lawler take the biggest bumps I've seen him do in years (possibly ever?) just a few weeks after having surgery to clear infection out of his knee.

You were expecting Lawler to win the title?

Guest kowking

You were expecting Lawler to win the title?

No. But I can't fathom why WWE thought it would be a good idea to book it so that their world heavyweight champion couldn't beat an old man without the help of THREE different people. I certainly didn't expect Miz to squash Lawler -- that would be unentertaining on a number of levels -- but no world heavyweight champion should come so close to losing despite such overwhelming odds in his favor while wrestling an old guy. And yes: I understand that the Miz is a chickenshit, onscreen. But that doesn't make up the difference to me.

I'm just glad they don't have him imitating Chris Jericho, like they did with Swagger.

Guest kowking

I don't know, I'm expecting an '01/'02-like Jericho run from Miz.

I meant Serious Jericho, like they out of nowhere had Serious Swagger. An 01-02-like Jericho run wouldn't be something the Miz is incapable of.

Just watched Timeline of WWE 1977-1978. Amazing to hear Superstar still convinced that Bob Backlund was a huge mistake, that he had zero charisma, that he never drew a dime and that MSG audience hated him from day one. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Basically, Superstar still seems jealous and bitter about him not becoming Hulk Hogan.

Guest kowking

What? None of the rematches were at the level of the first one, but No Mercy was fantastic, one of the better matches in the history of the company I'd say. Really great dynamic with a hot crowd.

That's what I meant. I shouldn't post so late.