Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn’t shit in your sandwich, John. :)

It is in the last three or four minutes of the DVD.

The question was has he ever talked with Dave Meltzer. His reply was funny like a lot of his shoot as Sean Waltman's answer would start off very coy "a couple of times" and then a few seconds later "A LOT in my early in my career, like very few hours lol." He then briefly mentions hanging out with Dave and yourself in Japan. Waltman mentions your name and asks whether Sean Oliver if he knows you, Sean Oliver has a think and says he doesn’t. Pretty much it aside from me saying Waltman kind of says your name in an "affectionate" manner.

On the shoot itself it is pretty entertaining and the two Seans had great chemistry together.

Sean did not shit in my sandwich, or my Korean BBQ. :)

Really... given the circumstances, his memory is staggeringly good to have remembered my name 14 years. I doubt the other folks who were there would have remembered me even a few years later.

All of on this board joke about him being a source for Wade, but he probably read the Torch back when I wrote for Wade, and that perhaps is why the name stuck when it probably wouldn't otherwise.

John

I wouldnt say that Cancer isnt shady he is either a noob when it comes to this, too busy as a record producer or most likely the thing didnt sell.

Did it even hit retail?

Just saw it. Prettt sureal indeed. Waltman was brutally honest about every subject, and comes off as a pretty cool guy. He's 38, and despite years of abuse he still looks pretty much exactly like he did when he showed up in WCW in 96.

There is a reason why he wears a bandana, lets just say the spotlights at the indy show I saw him at weren't flattering to his hair line.

The thing that really shocked me to read is that Gran Naniwa was only 34, which means he was only 17-19 years old when he was really breaking out in the mid 90s. Last I saw of him was in 2004 (I think) and I think the perception many of us had then was that he was now an aging, older wrestler, when he reality he wasn't even 30.

Japan isn't the US regarding personal info like that. Look at all the guys that get married then months later people actually find out in the media.

More specifically, from the M-Pro website's mainpage....

At the request of his family, his death was not announced until after his wake and funeral were held and the Buddhist memorial service on the 49th day after his death had passed.

Does anyone know the backstory behind the WHC match at WM22? I remember reading that Randy Orton was supposed to win, but he pissed off Vince, so Vince switched it to Rey. I have also read that Angle didn't want to drop the belt to Orton, and agreed to lose to Rey one-on-one. How long before WM was that switch decided on? And is any of this stuff true? Or was Rey set to win it since Eddie's passing?

Does anyone know the backstory behind the WHC match at WM22? I remember reading that Randy Orton was supposed to win, but he pissed off Vince, so Vince switched it to Rey. I have also read that Angle didn't want to drop the belt to Orton, and agreed to lose to Rey one-on-one. How long before WM was that switch decided on? And is any of this stuff true? Or was Rey set to win it since Eddie's passing?

I think a little of both. Rey was clearly set to win the title once they were doing the "win it for Eddie" angle with him. Orton was also in full "shitting in Divas' bags" mode around that time and I think that's when he trashed a hotel room too.

IIRC, the straw that broke the camel's back there was when they first debuted the wellness policy. Orton allegedly walked around the locker room openly smoking a joint, apparently thinking the rules didn't apply to him.

Weird that you used to hear these Orton stories all the time, but not so much anymore. I can't imagine that they'd keep covering up for that level of misbehavior in the post-Benoit PG era, so he must have matured at least a little bit and not been such an asshole anymore.

Yeah the final nail was him getting caught smoking pot in front of fans (or backstage workers). Even when he was reprimanded he just sort of laughed it off.

Things must have changed around Feb 2006 because even though Rey was winning the Rumble he was not scheduled for the title match at Mania. I can't remember who he was supposed to work at the show before the plans changed