Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of Ellen on the PWTorch board:

It's about former VIP Forum poster NidiaFan, Michael Rickard, who went on to write for Guttman's WWI during "the Purge." Mike was a practicing lawyer in Buffalo -- family court, bankruptcy, tenant/landlord disputes, etc. We were friends on here -- with Mike Roe we founded "The Legion of Comic Book Geeks" and had a Babe Draft-style thing for animated chicks (which Dusty won; he had Supergirl and Ariel, for crying out loud!).

Apparently in the past year or so, Michael Rickard robbed two banks in Tennessee (for which he's serving a 37-month federal prison term in West Virginia) and recently pleaded guilty to embezzling over $60K from his clients, for which he'll serve more time when he finishes up his stint for the bank robberies.

This is what I get for Googling people I've lost touch with. "Michael Rickard bank robbery" actually comes up as a search suggestion on Google.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ban...k_from_clients/

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communitie...ticle254722.ece

Keep an eye on that jdw fellow, those ex Torch contributors are dangerous

LOL at Bryan/Dave's intentionally misleading and inaccurate headline "Title change in TNA", to tease Jeff Hardy has lost the title due to his problems with "exhaustion", only to find out once I logged in that the Knockouts tag team titles are vacant and they've started a tournament at today's TV tapings. :lol: They really should be above such shit.

LOL at Bryan/Dave's intentionally misleading and inaccurate headline "Title change in TNA", to tease Jeff Hardy has lost the title due to his problems with "exhaustion", only to find out once I logged in that the Knockouts tag team titles are vacant and they've started a tournament at today's TV tapings. :lol: They really should be above such shit.

Call the hotline at 1-900-909-9900 to see what former world champion died over the weekend

Poor Okerlund and Meltz.

I'm not positive it's Baby Doll, but toward the end of the video, Jim Cornette calls her Baby Doll and she was blond, so I thought it might be..."

No he didn't. He said, "Good to see you, Amy. Still shopping in Baby Doll's favourite store, the "junior moose" department."

They do that a lot and it's really annoying. Especially when it's SUBSCRIBER CONTENT like this one. Do they really get any new subscribers that way?

Random question: I saw that on Cawthon's site, WWF did a show on 12/8/80 in MSG but it never aired on the MSG Network. Was this because it was pre-empted by coverage of the fallout after John Lennon's death? Here's the card:

WWF @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - December 8, 1980 (20,011)

This card was not televised; John Lennon was shot and killed in NYC this same night

Johnny Rodz defeated Sylvano Sousa at 10:49

The Moondogs defeated Rick McGraw & Angel Maravilla at 11:37

Larry Zbyszko defeated Dominic DeNucci via count-out at 12:42

WWF Tag Team Champions Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeated the Wild Samoans in a Best 2 out of 3 falls match at 26:27, 2 falls to 1

Ernie Ladd fought Tony Atlas to a double count-out at 5:24

Pedro Morales defeated WWF IC Champion Ken Patera to win the title at 18:51; Pat Patterson was the guest referee for the bout

Bruno Sammartino defeated Sgt. Slaughter via count-out at 18:38

Did the MSG cards air live, or on later days?

Lennon was shot shortly before 11 PM, so if MSG card were typically broadcast live, that wouldn't have been the reason.

If on tape delay, I would wonder why that would impact MSG's decision to eventually air it. Those were the early days of programing, so I wouldn't expect MSG to have so many other "live" items that there wouldn't be a date to air it before the next WWF card. They would have had the Knicks, Rangers, probably boxing... hard to think of what beyond that that also could get bumped around.

If some of those matches haven't bubbled out to the public over the years, it's possible that it never was filmed.

John

Does this really work for them? Don't most people just find the news on various free sites?