Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

TNAnonymous is backpedaling, saying he has a Monday meeting with Dixie and he might stay on if they agree to make changes!

Total bull.

TNA's obviously not going to change based on the complaints of one person unless this turns out to be someone like Sting, so Dixie must think she can pull a snow job on whoever this is.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kowking

TNAnonymous is backpedaling, saying he has a Monday meeting with Dixie and he might stay on if they agree to make changes!

Total bull.

TNA's obviously not going to change based on the complaints of one person unless this turns out to be someone like Sting, so Dixie must think she can pull a snow job on whoever this is.

Or -- at risk of sounding horribly cynical and naive at once -- it's someone like us working the Internet.

I'm not convinced TNAnonymous is actually a wrestler, though I don't exactly doubt it. I'm just not a fan of his will-I-won't-I song and dance.

For my first post, and with the talk of kayfabe in this thread, I had to share a story.....

Back in April I attended a show put on by an indy called Primal Conflict Wrestling in a town called Shenandoah Junction, West Virginia. It was a fairly good show for an indy I had never heard of with Kevin Thorn and Julio Dinero being the two biggest names.

Anyway, before the show started I headed into the bathroom to take a piss. As I enter I immediately hear 3 people talking. There are two sitting in stalls that I can not see, and a man in a referee shirt standing at the urinal. I walk in, and right in the middle of a conversation the referee clears his throat and says KAYFABE really loudly. Immediately everyone in the bathroom shuts up and I have to take a piss without laughing.

I have been a fan for nearly 25 years, and I am fairly certain that a 32 year old man witnessing wrestlers talking in a bathroom in back woods, small town, West Virginia isn't going to expose the business anymore than has already been done!

Just had to share that story somewhere, and this seems like a pretty cool board, so ummm...Hello!

Guest kowking

More bulls***:

I just got out from the meeting with Dixie and a couple of other TNA officials – there’s good and bad news coming out of it, but mostly good I’m pleased to announce. The bad is that unfortunately due to the time restraints we only had time to talk for just under a couple of hours, so we weren’t able to get everything figured out in one day. The good is, though, that the initial talks were positive in that we were all able to discuss the issues in question (TNAnonymous, my contractual future, the current state of TNA, potential signings, last night’s PPV and where we could go from there) openly and honestly. With all due respect to Dixie she conceded that there is definitely scope to improve things on and off-screen, and I will resume talks with her tomorrow morning at 9am. This is something that pleases me personally, but I imagine that some curiosity seekers will be disappointed in the fact that naturally I can’t make a video just yet. I am fully expecting accusations of ‘backing out' from some of the more impatient fans, but unfortunately it can't be any other way.

I’m currently at my hotel in Orlando ahead of the tapings tonight with internet access, so if you have any questions about the meeting I am willing to answer them on Formspring (http://www.formspring.me/TNAnonymous). There’s a ton of questions awaiting me so please don’t be offended if I don’t go into great detail when answering them, as the process at times does become somewhat tedious. I do receive repeated questions a lot so please, if you can, please check to see if I’ve answered them already. I will still answer them openly and honestly and will not irk any issue.

Thank you for your continued patience, and hopefully we all get what we want which is change within TNA. I'm feeling positive at this point.

I would imagine if a guy posted a lot on a message board and somehow got signed by WWE he would get buried fast if word got out he posts on the internet.

JBL got veteran Texan referee James Beard a tryout a few years ago and they were going to offer him a job until they found out he had blabbed about the tryout on Wrestling Classics. :lol:

To be fair, considering that the live crowd at every ROH show I have been to -- as a whole, mind you -- is the equivalent of the Trekkies of wrestling fans, if that's who the company is thinking of when they're talking about "the Internet" I can see that.

Comparing Trekkies to RoH fans might be the most insulted I've felt on the internet in the last couple years.

We talk about formulas (formulae?) a bit now and again, and I've come across one that's undeniable: Barry Windham in early 93 right after he won the NWA title.

Every TV match (examples: vs Z-Man, Brad Armstrong, Johnny Gunn, Mike Winner) would go like this. Barry starts out strong using feeling-out leverage stuff. The Face takes over using either mat wrestling or lots of arm drags. Barry takes over on offenses for a minute or two with a few power moves. The face makes a wild comeback getting in a lot of stuff. Barry uses cleverness to dodge a big face move (holding the rope to counter the russian legsweep, moving out of the way of a top rope dive, letting Gunn stun gun himself by moving out of the way, moving out of the way of a corner charge), IMMEDIATE jumping DDT. Pin.

I've been watching a ton of 93 WCW and it was a bit striking to see it play out that way in match after match after match.

I watched the TNA PPV last night with three of my friends. It was...not good. Even worse than the show though was the shitty service from Time Warner. Of course the PPV feed was messed up. So after calling and ensuring that due to the fucked up feed that we were not going to be billed for the show, suddenly the show being lackluster was not so bad!

There's so much wrong with TNA that it is not even funny to joke about anymore. I could complain about stuff all day but I think the most annoying thing right now is how much damn TV time Eric Bischoff is getting...

To be fair, considering that the live crowd at every ROH show I have been to -- as a whole, mind you -- is the equivalent of the Trekkies of wrestling fans, if that's who the company is thinking of when they're talking about "the Internet" I can see that.

Comparing Trekkies to RoH fans might be the most insulted I've felt on the internet in the last couple years.

As an insult to trekkies?

I wonder if anyone ever pointed out that's one of the reasons it's hard to defend being a wrestling fan with the "it's fake like every other show on TV" logic. Only wrestlers try to walk around like their gimmicks are real. It's one thing for someone like Stone Cold to maintain the aura that he's a beer drinking redneck. It's borderline retarded for Delirious to keep kayfabe on whatever the hell his gimmick is supposed to be.

Not if they have a day job that would be compromised by revealing their "secret identities."

I would imagine that if Delirious has a day job that would be compromised by the knowledge he's a wrestler, it must not pay well if he also has to be the head of ROH's school on top of his own bookings.

Also I don't think too many employers would care about someone working indy shows unless they did some Matt Striker shit and used sick days for it.

I'd be surprised if Delirious has to work a day job. He's the booker and head trainer for the biggest indy in the country; that's pretty much a full-time career. Cary Silken's pockets are surely deep enough to pay that guy a living wage. And that's not even counting any outside bookings he might be taking.

Also I don't think too many employers would care about someone working indy shows unless they did some Matt Striker shit and used sick days for it.

Yeah. However, it does present a tough choice when filling out applications and attending interviews. Do you tell them that you're a wrestler? In theory you need to, since you've got to explain why you need all those nights and weekends free. But on the other hand, a huge percentage of this society thinks wrestling is a disgusting joke, and you're overall probably less likely to be hired if you mention that.

I've been to two ROH shows live, one in Manasas and one in Richmond. Granted, they're spot shows rather than "tv tapings" or "PPV". But the crowds were just wrestling crowds.

The fans they draw to their locations for tapings and PPVs may be different, and more hardcore fans of promotion, and closer to the old ECW Arena Fan. But I also think that a lot of indies draw that for their base fans. PWG's fans out here in LA come across as very close to ECW Arena Fans, just on a smaller scale (building only holds around 200 or so). They're considerably more hardcore to the product than the two ROH spot shows.

John

The PWG shows I attended in 2008 were full of the kind of pasty, overweight, dorks (like me) that you see on ECW tapes. Hardcore indy rasslin fans with snarky comments and obsessive behavior. It was a lot of fun, but the comparison to Trek fans is not so far off.

Turning Point was pretty awful. I did actually find myself getting excited about the 3D/Guns match as it went on. I had a lot of fun watching that one, though I don't much care for the Dudleys and only sometimes enjoy the Guns. The ruined it by constantly talking about the end of the 3D dynasty and all. But the match itself made me smile -- I especially liked the use of the table at the end. And sloppy though it all was, it was kind of fun seeing Mickie and Victoria brawl for so long (but WHY, oh why did they have them come back out during Pope's interview? were we supposed to think they had been brawling backstage all that time?).

Did Dreamer really fuck up his wrist? It looked pretty nasty.

Guest kowking

So is TNAnonymous Eric Young?

The truth is out there

TNAnonymous is now calling himself a fan. He's also been posting all sorts of crazy stuff then taking it down, like accusing Bob Ryder of sexually harassing talent. What a weird and worthless saga