Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

funny I was reading this review a month or two ago and thinking how much Loss has mellowed since then! Ha!

Loss v Alvarez over Shawn./Angle is still my favorite though!

Where's that one? On NMB? I'd love to read it. I don't think so - it must be on F4W or someplace. Having a great time reading Loss's reviews of the 80's WWF set, though. Reminds me of when I first discovered the IWC in late 2007 or so and spent many hours reading jdw (I think?) on the 80's WWF over at TOA.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF thread is still over there. I've got a shitload of DVDs to watch to add to it. Maybe with football season over, though Lacy somehow talked me into watching Troy's bowl game this Saturday. When you can be talked into that, it's easy to see how I keep *not* having time for WWF 80's. :P

John

Watching Wrestlewar 90 and I have not seen one singles match yet. Not random tags either but legit teams you could see as champs. In 2010 that is pretty jarring to see. Only thing that bugged me was Mike Enos as the Masked Skyscraper in the Skyscrapers/Road Warriotrs match. I like Enos but WCW did not have access to one tallish lanky guy? At least taller than Hawk?

Quick super-ignorant question:

Was watching the beginning of a 1991 match b/t El Dandy and Satanico. I am not lucha-literate yet, and I am not sure which guy was which. They both had thick dark hair and similar builds.

One: no shirt, and all white tights

Other: Black singlet and black tights with fire (or other red design) on legs

Does that help tell them apart? I am guessing Satanico was the black with fire, but it was unclear.

KZ posted this on F4W:

email [email protected] so we can stop this. I know some of you don't like me or some of the other guys with blogtalk shows but this is just plain wrong. Damn the man. Please email them and help our cause.

Thank you

RE: Important Changes to Your Account

Hello KidZombie,

We want to let you know about some important upcoming changes to our free host services. You're a valued member of our community and we want to be sure you understand the changes in advance, and have time to plan for any adjustments to your show.

Beginning on February 1, 2011, the following changes will be made to your free host account. You will:

Be able to conduct only one, 30-minute show per day

Be able to upload and store a maximum of three audio files for use during your show

No longer be able to schedule shows during prime time hours

No longer be able to schedule private episodes

These changes will enable us to support the audio broadcasting needs of our rapidly growing community, while continuing to improve our host services and technology.

Special Limited Time Offer on Premium Upgrades

If you want to conduct longer shows, schedule during prime time, and remove limitations on uploads and downloads, while gaining access to even more tools, support, and exposure, we have put together a special offer. If you upgrade before December 31, 2010, you can get a Premium account for just $29 per month. That is more than 25% off of the regular monthly fee of $39. And, there's no risk to try it because your first month is free!

Don't miss this special offer. Upgrade Now.

If you have any questions about the upcoming changes or our special Premium offer, please feel free to contact us [email protected] . We'll be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Dan Kashman

President, BlogTalkRadio

Im posting this here was it would suck massively if this stops you guys from doing shows.

I don't understand though, what are you going to threaten them with to keep their host services the same, you'll take your business elsewhere? I'm guessing here, but I'm assuming you are using their FREE hosting services, right? I know money is tight for everyone, but if it means that much to you, cut some stuff out of your budget and pay the $30 a month for premium service.

I know people who use TalkShoe which is basically the same thing w/o the scheduling problems that BTR can have. And is now less limited for free shows, though it's a bit confusing at first. With a few months notice hopefully it should be an easy transition.

Is that 30 minutes live or 30 minutes total? If live than how much total?

Watching some stuff as part of the '93 yearbook prep, and Tatanka is much better than I remembered him being. I don't want to start a crusade to make him the lost superworker of the early 90s or anything, but he has always had a rep as being a guy who couldn't really go, but in all the Michaels matches (not just the WM match), he has more than held up his end.

It's possible those guys just have good chemistry, but there's also a Flair/Tatanka match on Coliseum video that's good (although it's from '92).

And speaking of Michaels, I think the ladder match was a clear turning point for his wrestling style. His bumping and selling in '93 was much more about getting the match over and making his opponent look good than it would later become.

I'm a fan of 1994-1997 Shawn, and enjoyed most of his big matches. But in spite of that, they were definitely The Shawn Show, in the sense that his bumping was to make you impressed at the punishment he was taking more than to get someone else over as a tough guy.

I know it had to happen eventually, but I think ending his unbeaten streak was the beginning of the end of him. Whenever anyone on TV talked about Tatanka, the first thing they'd say was how he was undefeated. Once he lost to Borga and Yoko put him on the shelf, it seemed like they didn't know what to do with him.

I don't recall any meaningful blowoff to the feud with Borga, Bigelow replaced Borga at the '94 Rumble. Then, he basically treaded water until the whole "Lex Luger sold out" angle started up.

I know it had to happen eventually, but I think ending his unbeaten streak was the beginning of the end of him. Whenever anyone on TV talked about Tatanka, the first thing they'd say was how he was undefeated. Once he lost to Borga and Yoko put him on the shelf, it seemed like they didn't know what to do with him.

I don't recall any meaningful blowoff to the feud with Borga, Bigelow replaced Borga at the '94 Rumble. Then, he basically treaded water until the whole "Lex Luger sold out" angle started up.

Presumably, if they really wanted to do something with him, that's when he should have gotten/chased (again) the IC belt, no?

Well, Razor Ramon was probably more over than Tatanka at that point, so I understand why they went in that direction.

I don't know that he needed to be pushed harder necessarily, but the heel turn in retrospect wasn't a good idea.

He was probably a guy with a limited shelf life, he was just better in the ring than he got credit for at the time.

I hope this is the right place for this, and if not, my apologies in advance.

I was wondering if anyone knew the name of, or better yet, where I could find the piece of music that Crockett used for the opening of the commercial release of Crockett Cup 1987. It was also used as entrance music for The Road Warriors on Starrcade 1987's home video release.

Thanks in advance for any help, and again, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. This just seems to be a very knowledgeable board, so I figured it would be a great place to start looking!

Too many people dying for needless reasons. The two obvious ones, yeah, but it gets hard to find someone to identify with as a fan when all the people you get emotionally invested in turn up dead.

One of Scott Keith's reasons for not watching WWE.

well Scott Chris Benoit took the life of two other humans and then took his own. How that is at the same level as Owen Hart I don't know

edit: I don't want to ever tell anyone how to deal with a death but they were two completely different situations