Pro Wrestling Only
ohtani's jacket

WCW ongoing thread

Quick question that I'm sure someone here can answer -

I'm watching Mayhem 2000 and after the Bam Bam Bigelow/A-Wall match, Bigelow is taken out on a stretcher and the announcers treat it like a legit injury. I haven't finished watching the show so I"m not sure if they bring it up again or this is just a swerve for a future angle, but did Bigelow legitimately hurt himself? Suffer a heart attack? Concussion? He doesn't look great in this match, but again, its WCW in late 2000 and his opponent is A-Wall, so I wasn't expecting him to put on a clinic or anything. 

Yeah, I also read that he fought A-Wall again the next night on Nitro, so whatever happened, he must have been medically cleared. Based on what I've gathered (which is pretty much nothing), it might be that he had a unscripted "false alarm" after the match - loss of breath, chest pain, etc. - that required him to need oxygen and EMTs at Mayhem, but did not actually suffer a heart attack or anything. 

It just feels like WCW, as many tasteless decisions as they made, wouldn't run this sort of angle so closely to the Paul Orndorff injury? Plus, I can't seem to find much about it online, which means, it probably wasn't mentioned again or used as storyline fodder (because, if it were, I think there'd be more hubbub about how tasteless it would be).  

EDIT: So, I kept watching Mayhem today and, lo and behold, as he's getting carted off to the back and General Rection is making his way down the aisle, Bigelow gets off the stretcher and sneak attacks him before his match against Lance Storm. It was all a swerve. 

I watched DDP/Goldberg from Halloween Havoc '98, and I've got to say it holds up as a fast-paced big-hype match. Hindsight-wise it would have been better if DDP won and broke the streak himself, as it could have built up another big program between the two, instead of...you know. 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:42 PM, flyonthewall2983 said:

I watched DDP/Goldberg from Halloween Havoc '98, and I've got to say it holds up as a fast-paced big-hype match. Hindsight-wise it would have been better if DDP won and broke the streak himself, as it could have built up another big program between the two, instead of...you know. 

Agreed.  You watch this and think about what a healthy, non-sabotaged by backstage antics Benoit, Sting, and Bret Hart could have done with Goldberg before he lost.