Pro Wrestling Only

57talk.com

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Shield vs. Wyatts from earlier this year count as heel vs. heel? I don't think the Shield had officially turned yet when that started.

Yeah, that's the immediate one that jumped to my mind, and it turned Shield babyface

NWA/WCW always seemed to have "heel vs. heel" programs. The Horsemen were heels but the were so over and popular that they could be booked in any situation. Horsemen-Doom feud is a good example. Both "heel" teams, both very over and popular, there wasn't a face/heel side to that.

I liked when NWA/WCW would do big babyface v babyface matches too. Sting/Luger v Road Warriors and Steiners jump to mind. That kind of stuff was very rare to see in the WWF. Other than Hogan v. Warrior and Bret v. Bulldog at Wembley I can't think of many other big face v face matches. They did it more in the mid-late 90's, but it was always to fuel an angle or lead to a turn. Bret and Diesel at the Rumble in 95 (not a turn, but a rare babyface v babyface match), Bret-Backlund in 94, Bret-Diesel in 95, Bret and Undertaker in 97.......darn, Bret really liked that stuff :)

Guest Eduardo James

oh, and how did I forget the Bret/Austin double turn, which they both claim wasn't intentionally done, and I find it very hard to believe them

When/where did they say that? It seems obvious after the Rumble they were going to do something after Bret threatened to quit because he was screwed over. Unless they meant at the beginning of the feud during 1996.

they have both claimed in interviews and on podcasts that the double turn wasn't planned and was just something that happened organically. I find that highly suspect given the way they'd both been booked prior to WM. I guess they think that it adds to the myth of the match, and I'm cool with them presenting it like that, but I don't buy it

According to the Montreal timeline in the WON, Bret wasn't even approached about a heel turn until March 10, two weeks before Wrestlemania. Bret agreed to it after thinking about it, and you can definitely see some build to it on the 3/10 RAW. I suspect Vince had been thinking about it for a while and was just waiting for the right time to say it to Bret.

BTW. Cubetta is back on 57talk with new content. Abdullah and Mark Lewin. I believe he was attempting to get a job on the figure four website when he first started doing podcasts five years ago. He was rejected, so he began ripping Dave. He is a total nut job. He tooked every thing Robley and some unknown independent wrestler said as the gospel truth, even though they continually fabricated bs on every podcast.