Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caudle and Ross struck me as the most solid team in the NWA from 1988-1990. I think Ross and David Crockett circa 1986 would have been a lot of fun.

Might I ask why?

What has Caudle got over Schiavone in that timeframe? What does he have over Cornette? Can you point to any occasions where Caudle made a point that was actually worth making?

Whether this should be a factor when judging someone or not, I find it hard to listen to Bob Caudle ever since I found out about his long association working for and supporting racist homophobe Jesse Helms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Helms

I heard about this before. Yes, this sucks. But hey, if I had to bother with the political opinions or social behavior of pro-wrestlers and affiliated, I just wouldn't watch pro-wrestling at all.

Bret “Hit Man” Hart: The Dungeon Collection is one of the next WWE Home Video offerings on the way this year and promises rare, never-before-released matches as chosen by Bret himself. It will be produced on both DVD and Blu-ray formats, and right now, we can exclusively reveal two matches planned for the content.

2-out of-3 Falls Match for the British Commonwealth Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Bret Hart vs. Dynamite Kid

Stampede Wrestling • December 1978

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Sun City Superbowl • September 14, 1996

On the second match:

WWF @ Sun City, South Africa - September 14, 1996

Televised on SuperSport - featured Jim Ross & Owen Hart on commentary

Did this air in the US or Europe?

CC Milani (wasn't that John McAdams?) on WCMB:

Was Superstar Billy Graham Used To His Absolute Best As Champ?

I absolutely do.

Graham talks out of both sides of his mouth sometimes. On one hand he talks about having drug issues and being completely burned out by the end of 1977. Then he talks about how they should have turned him.

It just dawned on me- Graham wasn't the original Hulk Hogan. He was the original Kerry Von Erich.

CC Milani (wasn't that John McAdams?) on WCMB:

Was Superstar Billy Graham Used To His Absolute Best As Champ?

I absolutely do.

Graham talks out of both sides of his mouth sometimes. On one hand he talks about having drug issues and being completely burned out by the end of 1977. Then he talks about how they should have turned him.

It just dawned on me- Graham wasn't the original Hulk Hogan. He was the original Kerry Von Erich.

Points I've made over the years about the Stone Cold Superstar delusions.

John

I may have mentioned it before, but it's getting really scary/sad watching Super Porky still trying to work in 2012. He's never been mistaken for a cruiserweight, but watching him even trying to run the ropes now is painful. He's supposed to be used for comedy, but all I can think of is how it looks like he's going to die at any moment. I doubt this is like WWE continuing to put Khali in matches to get him as much money as possible before he falls apart, and I can't figure out why CMLL doesn't just put him in the office somewhere.

I watched some of RF's Mad Dog Vachon shoot interview last night while re-working my Mad Dog set. It pissed me off that nobody did an extensive shoot with Maurice before he started to decline as badly as he has (I think that int is at least two years old). RF seemed to actually be asking questions that were suitable for Vachon and his time frame, but Vachon is no longer in good enough shape to answer them very well. There's a long diatribe from someone there with Maurice (probably a caregiver) off-camera at one point about how Maurice was having trouble with some questions because he was fatigued, but done in a way that the guy was talking about Vachon like he wasn't even in the room. Is it too hard to edit that sort of shit out?

A truly sad experience to watch. If it was done even 5 years ago it could have been excellent, Maurice was a great storyteller and had a really good memory about the guys he worked with and the territories he visited. Now I'd recommend avoiding it just for the sadness factor. Getting old sucks.