Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only just learned that AWA won the Observer award for Worst Promotion of the year for 1986. 88 and 89? Sure, I could see that but '86 AWA was awesome. Bockwinkel vs Hennig, Rose & Somers vs Rockers, and Hansen wreaking havoc for the first chunk of the year and having cool matches with Hennig and Blackwell.

1986 was a pretty awesome year for wrestling from everything I've seen but there has to be a better candidate for Worst Promotion in 1986 than AWA.

but there has to be a better candidate for Worst Promotion in 1986 than AWA.

There was a promotion out of California that was shown on the legendary U68 in 1986 that was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I watched it anyway, but it was the shits. I'd imagine it was the fact that Dave pretty much shit all over the AWA in the Observer back then. If you were gonna judge the "Big Three" that year then, yeah, the AWA was the worst of the three. But that's acting like there were no other promotions.

I'd imagine it was the fact that Dave pretty much shit all over the AWA in the Observer back then.

This.

That, and the title issue with Hansen --> Bock. It's a vote, so enough of the readers thought that. I'd be interested in what the voting totals were to see if it was a landslide and what the other promotions getting votes were.

John

Just heard Steve Corino's story about him having sex with Missy Hyatt, and it's pretty hysterical. Long build story to a great finish. Gotta love the fact that Corino says "I know I'm not good, and she's overselling my shit !". Corino is just a great storyteller.

Just heard Steve Corino's story about him having sex with Missy Hyatt, and it's pretty hysterical. Long build story to a great finish. Gotta love the fact that Corino says "I know I'm not good, and she's overselling my shit !". Corino is just a great storyteller.

Too bad the story was very much likely bullshit and Corino recanted it completely.

Too bad the story was very much likely bullshit and Corino recanted it completely.

Do people assume any wrestling stories are true?

Yeah, who cares really. When I watch stuff like this, I'm pretty much considering I'm watching a scene from a movie with characters I'm familiar with. If Corino recanted it that doesn't change the fact it was a hilarious *story* and he was great at putting it together. Come on, a drunk pro-wrestler telling a story, there's at least 90% chance it's bullshit.

EDIT : well, I found out the whole Missy reaction and Corino's retractation. Well, I have to say Missy is right about the stuff about Gilbert. But come on, her Youshoot interview was all about telling stories of guys she banged and the size of their penis. I guess if those were true then there's nothing embarrassing...

(I still wonder how people from Highspots and others allow the guys they interview to be drunk as fuck though... pro-wrestling I guess)

Only ones about Andre pissing on people in the dark.