Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea who these people are who "know their shit" ... even Cornette talked a good game and has shown himself to be pretty badly out of touch. It's pretty sad when I can't even think of someone in reserve who would be a great booker to bring in. TNA has learned to copy all of the worst aspects of WWE, one of those being adding unnecessary bureaucracy in management and firing people whose absence isn't going to turn anything around.

Kevin Sullivan had an idea at point that he presented to TNA of making the company more political. His thought was that since politics gets such strong emotions out of people to somehow work that into the feuds and promos in TNA. I'm not sure specifically what he had in mind.

Anyway, Sullivan has had some terrifyingly awful runs as booker just as he has had some good ones, but I wonder how much of his influence over post-1997 WCW can be attributed to burnout.

Wow, so after a freakin decade on & off Vince Russo is finally gone from TNA?

Really ? Russo is gone ? It sure took some damn time. Get rid of Hogan and Bischoff, hire some people who know their shit, and maybe there will be some hope.

They aren't ideal but a Biscoff & Hogan led company would be such a step up from whear they're at now it's not even funny. Bischoff atleast has a few good years to his credit as opposed to Russo who's done nothing worthwhile since he left WWF 13 years ago. Like the worst year of WCW with Bischoff in charge isn't even in the same universe as Russo booked wrestling on the crap scale.

I have no idea who these people are who "know their shit"

Supposedly Dave Lagana might get the new head writer slot but nothing's been announced yet. He's a former WWE writer, worked for ROH for a couple years, got hired by TNA a few months back when Russo originally got demoted and has been helping with Ring Ka King.

It's pretty sad when I can't even think of someone in reserve who would be a great booker to bring in.

They've got Dutch Mantell working on Ring Ka King too so that's another posibility.

!

Lambchop video starring Wolfie D and some dude doing a Brody impersonation. Judging by the credits, looks like it was filmed at a Tony Falk-promoted show.

I really dig it.

This is awesome.

And this reminds me I should listen to more Lambchop. Kurt Wagner still has this great voice.

Yeah more or less. It's about 1/3 TNA guys, 1/3 former TNA guys and 1/3 random indy dudes and ex WWE guys like Chavo & Chris Masters.

By all acounts it seems to be much better booked and have higher production then TNA proper. The debut show got something like 14 million viewers in India or some crazy # like that and has been really succesful so far

!

Lambchop video starring Wolfie D and some dude doing a Brody impersonation. Judging by the credits, looks like it was filmed at a Tony Falk-promoted show.

I really dig it.

This is awesome.

And this reminds me I should listen to more Lambchop. Kurt Wagner still has this great voice.

1st thing I thought before watching that video is Wolfie D & A children's sock puppet seems like an odd pairing.

1st thing I thought while watching the video is Nise Brody didn't buckle his seat belt. Click it or ticket kids.

Good song tho, did make me want to hear more.