Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE warehouse is a wonderland but watching Mick walk is so, so depressing:

I knew it wasn't going to be pretty but he is essentially Stu Hart now.

I think if he lost a hundred pounds or so, it wouldn't be so pronounced.

Yeah, his problem is he's obese

How are we supposed to know that a random destroyed chair was the one that Rock slammed on Foley's head about 12 times at Royal Rumble? Cool story but highly suspicious

I always love looking at WWE warehouse. anybody that says they can't make a Hall of Fame building should look at these videos. Or at least the most awesome edition of Hoarders and American Pickers. I mean they have the Punjabi cage setup

How are we supposed to know that a random destroyed chair was the one that Rock slammed on Foley's head about 12 times at Royal Rumble? Cool story but highly suspicious

Because they keep everything and put it in that warehouse. I don't know if it's for legal liability reasons or what, but it's literally everything. Find the photos Punk tweeted when he went there during the filming of his documentary. There was a a section in the warehouse for what he referred to as (and what looked like) "every ladder ever."

Guest Andrews

WWE warehouse is a wonderland but watching Mick walk is so, so depressing:

I knew it wasn't going to be pretty but he is essentially Stu Hart now.

Bloody Hell Rovert, all of your posts and opinions have such a dark and depressing slant to them. Lighten up dude.

P.S. do you walk around with black lipstick and eyeliner? Because this is how I picture you.

Has this been posted anywhere yet? Apologies if so.

- At Friday night's St. Louis Anarchy wrestling event, former ROH World Champion Davey Richards told the crowd that he was "headed to Connecticut" to prove he is the "real Best in the World." He stated that he had done all there was to do in the indies after his match with ACH, whom he defeated by submission.

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2R85LvIfV

From watching from Highspots TV showing of Barbed Wire City I have a hypothetical. If the concept of an internet PPV was around during the pre-TNN or after TNN days of ECW, how much could it have helped the long term success of the company. They did make a ton of money from tape sales (hell probably kept them in business some of the times) but we all know the history of RF video during that time. Of course I guess an argument could made that current companies like ROH or Dragon Gate or CZW aren't really raking in the dollars with buyrates either. I don't know how much well these New Japan Ustream or Youtube shows are making

The NJPW shows are apparently ridiculous successes, with each show either outdoing the last or showing their base audience increased substantially. The 1/4 Dome show did over 100,000 buys. The vast majority of buys have been from within Japan, with only a few hundred coming from outside the country. So it looks like the demand was there, just hampered by how few people in Japan have cable or satellite TV.

ROH has topped out around 2,000 to 2,200 buys. UFC and WWE around 10,000 for the Internet versions of their biggest regular PPVs.

I think more than anyone else, ROH at its peak was built for IPPV and had bad timing. ECW, during its creative peak, put the biggest house show matches on TV, and eventually had regular PPV. ECW would've benefitted more from the cost reduction (no satellite feed, better revenue split if a 3rd party is used, etc) IMO. ROH would've benefitted from the lack of delay in releases, which was a big deal for them.

I always love looking at WWE warehouse. anybody that says they can't make a Hall of Fame building should look at these videos. Or at least the most awesome edition of Hoarders and American Pickers. I mean they have the Punjabi cage setup

I'm willing to believe it. Kurt Angle mentioned in his book that WWE has someone backstage recording everything because they never know when they may want or need to use that footage (I'd love to see some of this). I get the impression that WWE likes to own everything that's ever been associated with the company "just in case". And I'm also sure they wouldn't want any of that stuff being pawned off by fans or employees.

Has this been posted anywhere yet? Apologies if so.

- At Friday night's St. Louis Anarchy wrestling event, former ROH World Champion Davey Richards told the crowd that he was "headed to Connecticut" to prove he is the "real Best in the World." He stated that he had done all there was to do in the indies after his match with ACH, whom he defeated by submission.

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2R85LvIfV

Same dude who claimed and claimed and claimed he was retiring to become a paramedic.

Davey being Davey until proven otherwise.

If they really wanted to fuck with Davey, have him do a paramedic gimmick. Be a guy who carts injured guys out but gets destroyed by the monster heel of the week. He could get brought up slowly wrestling skills wise like Santino the Italian fan. Would fuck with the ROH marks too.

Tonight's the night I'm going to be seeing my hero, Technical Ted DiBiase.

Here is the card. Has anybody heard of any of these guys (apart from Tommy Dreamer)?

ROBBIE X v DARRELL ALLEN

MAD MAN MANSON v T-BONE

MARTIN KIRBY v LOCO IMBECIL

EL LIGERO v STIXX

THE PREDATORS v MAX ANGELUS & TOMMY DREAMER

NATHAN CRUZ v MARK HASKINS

NOAM DAR v MK McKINNAN

Any info would be appreciated.