Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

I think we've been over this before but can anyone confirm that Jack Nicholson is a huge wrestling fan? This blurb from an AMC blog rings too good to be true:

6. He Loves Professional Wrestling

Turns out Nicholson’s sports mania doesn’t begin and end with the Lakers. He’s petitioned to induct Ric Flair into the WWE Hall of Fame and cites John Cena as one of his favorite wrestlers. Nicholson has also said that if he can get Jim Carrey, Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr. and Johnny Depp to be a part of it, he will start his own wrestling promotion. Hey, if anyone can make that happen, Jack can.

I so want this to be true

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine WWE not JUMPING at the idea of Jack inducting Flair into the Hall of Fame. I guess 2007 Hunter would have that level of veto power since he wanted to do it himself, but I imagine it would have come out in the sheets since there'd be a lot of talk about it internally.

I can't imagine WWE not JUMPING at the idea of Jack inducting Flair into the Hall of Fame. I guess 2007 Hunter would have that level of veto power since he wanted to do it himself, but I imagine it would have come out in the sheets since there'd be a lot of talk about it internally.

Exactly, no way is that true. If Jack Nicholson petitioned for a main event spot at Wrestlemania, he'd get that... and I'd buy....

A classic that I don't think has ever been posted here:

Posted Image

Lance is a weird dude.

To me, via twitter, he comes across as a poor man's CM Punk with his putdowns etc. Basically he's a bit of a cunt.

I see why he is still being used on F4W, as he is kinda relevant still, but hopefully he'll get phased out in the next few years like Buddy Wayne did previously.

A classic that I don't think has ever been posted here:

Posted Image

Lance is a weird dude.

Lance needs to become a cranky academic. His head might explode about hearing that journals don't pay authors or reviewers for their work. :)

Is this a TNA show?

Yes. Specifically, it's a Dixieland match, which is a cage match of sorts. To win, you have to escape the cage, go up the entrance ramp, and climb a ladder to retrieve the belt that is hanging above the top of the ramp. I'm not making any of this up.

And you win dinner with Dixie, correct? That's seriously what I heard.

Is this a TNA show?

Yes. Specifically, it's a Dixieland match, which is a cage match of sorts. To win, you have to escape the cage, go up the entrance ramp, and climb a ladder to retrieve the belt that is hanging above the top of the ramp. I'm not making any of this up.

You win the world title. And a night with Dixie. Maybe Jeff took the bump on purpose knowing these stips?

Is this a TNA show?

And to fly on her corporate jet.

That wasn't a high fall, but Jeff landed right on his shoulder on the fucking ramp. In a match that was on free TV.

Isn't the purpose of a cage match to keep the two wrestlers within the cage while keeping other wrestlers out? When did that stop being true? I remember the first Hell in a Cell & they did spots outside the cage & Kane ripped the door off. I know stuff happened many years before that though. Maybe I'm misremembering & the cage has always sucked at what it was supposed to do? Heh.

Muraco/Snuka in the cage didn't feature leaving the cage or outside interference, right? What about Magnum/Tully? Man, my memory is really getting bad the older I get.

Isn't the purpose of a cage match to keep the two wrestlers within the cage while keeping other wrestlers out? When did that stop being true? I remember the first Hell in a Cell & they did spots outside the cage & Kane ripped the door off. I know stuff happened many years before that though. Maybe I'm misremembering & the cage has always sucked at what it was supposed to do? Heh.

Muraco/Snuka in the cage didn't feature leaving the cage or outside interference, right? What about Magnum/Tully? Man, my memory is really getting bad the older I get.

To win a WWF cage match you had to escape, so it did feature leaving the cage. Snuka actually had to go outside the cage after he lost to get Muraco back in for the splash.

If you DQ the WWF model, I believe you're correct about the idea of the cage match and why a feud would turn to it to resolve things.

You have to remember that the WWWF was a territory built around dynastic babyface champions who defended against a revolving door of monster heels. Escape rule cage matches were a way for someone like Stan Hansen to decisively lose the blowoff to Bruno or Backlund without being pinned. The concept has pretty much outlived its usefulness, but it made sense in the context of the time in which it originated.

PWO favourite El Dandy is training for a comeback to wrestle in a "Despedida al Dandy" card (which isn't always necessarily a retirement match but in this case it may be). The main event will be him in a mano a mano against his most memorable career rival, El Satanico. Match will be in February next year.

PWO favourite El Dandy is training for a comeback to wrestle in a "Despedida al Dandy" card (which isn't always necessarily a retirement match but in this case it may be). The main event will be him in a mano a mano against his most memorable career rival, El Satanico. Match will be in February next year.

WOW! I'll be keeping an eye out for this. You never know, it could be fun!

If you DQ the WWF model, I believe you're correct about the idea of the cage match and why a feud would turn to it to resolve things.

The only examples I'm recalling are Memphis with Tommy Rich under the ring, and Continental with Doug Furnas' debut (which was stolen for Kane in Badd Blood).

Kevin Sullivan in Florida coming up through the ring to attack Dusty.