Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was a face when he beat Dory, Jr. in '73.

From the footage of Race I've watched from this era, the face-heel lines were pretty blurry. Dory is not very heelish and works pretty clean. Race isn't quite as bump crazy as he would be later.

Race does work face in the match though because it's from Kansas, see here: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/19186-harley-race/?p=5611517

He's de facto face working vs. Abby in Japan in 76.

There's a good ten minutes or so of a REALLY good match between Race and Terry Funk from 77 in Toronto and actually where

Race won the title. He's sort of de facto face there too.

Amazing sentence

I have read it six times and I still am not sure the meaning of it.

2 decades ago a special WWF program aired called Titans Hot Ticket called Hulk Hogan, A Real American Story.

At the end of the show they aired a Hogan music Vid featuring clips.

In one of the clips Hogan is walking through the curtain and a kid is sitting in a wheelchair in front of him.

Hulk walks up to him and shakes his hand.

Im not sure where this clip was from so any help would be appreciated.

I can't wait for Ric Flair's podcast to come on.

The only thing I worry about is it having either a current WWE focus or it taking an interview format where Flair has to talk to different guests.

I'd MUCH prefer it if Flair had like a sidekick who would just ask him questions. I reckon Flair could record 100+ hours of audio and not run out of new stuff to talk about. He had the most amazing career of anyone in US history when you consider all of the greats he faced through all of the different eras.

This podcast has such amazing potential, but I feel like Flair needs to be channeled in the right way.

Shoe should've kidnapped him and taped hours of interview (at gunpoint, if necessary) until found by police.....

Great idea. I'm just not that crazy.

Amazing sentence

Alright, alright, alright you two Canadian numbskulls step aside and let me, The First Ever Winner of the First Ever Pro Wrestling Trivia Internet Podcast, Brainbuster answer the good doctor's question. You see he is wondering where the clip of Hulk Hogan shaking the hand of a unknown kid in wheelchair seen in Hulk Hogan's Real American Story originated? After much deliberation and careful thought, I came to the conclusion that clip in question is from none other than Hulk Hogan's Real American Story! The BrainBuster Kid strikes again! Like you two even have a prayer against me.

Amazing sentence

Alright, alright, alright you two Canadian numbskulls step aside and let me, The First Ever Winner of the First Ever Pro Wrestling Trivia Internet Podcast, Brainbuster answer the good doctor's question. You see he is wondering where the clip of Hulk Hogan shaking the hand of a unknown kid in wheelchair seen in Hulk Hogan's Real American Story originated? After much deliberation and careful thought, I came to the conclusion that clip in question is from none other than Hulk Hogan's Real American Story! The BrainBuster Kid strikes again! Like you two even have a prayer against me.

I changed my mind. You're more Tekno Team 2000 than The New Breed.

Yeah, just ignore the Doc if you don't like his comments.

Pretty easy.

I'm with this. He isn't actively ruining threads, it's the people constantly jumping on him who are.

And maybe we should let the mods do the moderating.

i genuinely like doctor (from one doc to another, i guess!)

yea he's on a completely different planet from the rest of this forum but not in a malicious way. heck, thanks to him i learned that somebody actually found the DX reunion funny! worth the price of admission imo

Abby turned face in a tag match with him and Kamala vs. Martel and Austin Idol. He stayed a face for some time, and then went back to heel just before the promotion closed. He was the face against Bruiser Brody and other Creatchman Family members in that time frame.

It was weird but it worked somehow.