Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA4P4kV5fHg&feature=youtu.be

Short video about WWF and WCW filiming shows in "Special Locations". Back in the day I used to think that it was really cool that WCW sometimes filmed shows at the beach, Club La Vela and other places. In my teenage eyes it made them seem cool, thus more important. Shame that Vince McMahon hates the concept (Michael Hayes has mentioned a couple of times on Legends of Wrestling and other shows that he thinks that WCW debuting Nitro at the Mall of America was "cheesy" so we can pretty much safely assume he's parroting Vince/Kevin Dunn on that one) because it would make their tired production values seem fresher on those occasions. Maybe they just want to save it for Tribute to the Troops or something.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE doesn't even want to get over a unique feel in the places they do run; every TV show must have the uniform WWE Look regardless of where they're broadcasting from. Somewhat related, whenever I watch a show from UFC or a full Arena Mexico it always strikes me how poor WWE is at shooting their big crowds to get over that "hey, there's a hell of a lot of people here."

WWE doesn't even want to get over a unique feel in the places they do run; every TV show must have the uniform WWE Look regardless of where they're broadcasting from. Somewhat related, whenever I watch a show from UFC or a full Arena Mexico it always strikes me how poor WWE is at shooting their big crowds to get over that "hey, there's a hell of a lot of people here."

During the NXT show, which obviously they have producers in training, there were a few "crowd shots" that took me out of it because....knowing Vince and WWE....showing that there's only several hundred people, sitting on bleachers, in this little arena......that's a huge WWE/Vince no-no. With all of this smoke and mirrors and pyro and projection.....that was "exposing the biz" camera work.

I also felt like he might have gone a bit nuclear when the LED stuff on the apron got rocked by Charlotte taking a bump onto it. "GOD DAMMIT! FUCK! THE SHOW MUST GO ON! BUT WHEN THIS MATCH IS OVER SO HELP ME GOD FIX THAT DAMN THING!"

During the NXT show, which obviously they have producers in training, there were a few "crowd shots" that took me out of it because....knowing Vince and WWE....showing that there's only several hundred people, sitting on bleachers, in this little arena......that's a huge WWE/Vince no-no. With all of this smoke and mirrors and pyro and projection.....that was "exposing the biz" camera work.

Is there any way to shoot Full Sail and make it look like there are more than a few hundred people there?

Is there any way to shoot Full Sail and make it look like there are more than a few hundred people there?

yes, and in general they do a good job of making it look bigger than it is, but there were a few shots on this last show that really exposed it

Does anyone know if there are any good to excellent Central States matches that made tape? I have seen that place buried over and over by so many, but never heard of anything good...is it even out there?

Didn't Central States have a decent Flair vs Brody match around 82?

Are you referring to the 2/3 falls match from February 1983? iirc this forum has a great search function.

Does anyone know if there are any good to excellent Central States matches that made tape? I have seen that place buried over and over by so many, but never heard of anything good...is it even out there?

Are you referring to the 2/3 falls match from February 1983? iirc this forum has a great search function.

No I was just going through someones list and they listed a couple of their matches.

No I was just going through someones list and they listed a couple of their matches.

What matches were listed? Dates etc?

I'm not even a huge Seth Rollins fan but I feel like he has enough talent to be more than "Edge 2.0" But then the WWE always loved Edge way more than I did, I suppose in part because he was an easy guy to book shitty finishes around.

Edge always seemed like a guy who could have great feuds with anyone except the Matt Hardy angle when that spat happened. I loved all the matches these two had but after he whole Lita/Edge thing when they battled on Raw something just wasent there.

Yeah, that Kane feud was freaking great, eh?

I can't even think of one great Edge feud, let alone all of his feuds being great.

But how many great Kane feuds have there been? The Edge series provided some memorable out of the ring moments in the build: which is the most you can ask for from a Kane feud.

What matches were listed? Dates etc?

Quite a lot of matches unless you mean particular Flair matches. No idea on dates as some just list the month and year.

In fairness to Kane, I enjoyed all the Bryan stuff before they ran it into the ground.

Me too

Also, I might take heat for this, but I liked the Shane McMahon program.....

Where else are you gonna see Linda McMahon tombstoned on the stage and Shane McMahon being tortured with a car battery on his nuts?!? It was so over the top and ridiculous.....which Kane and the McMahons are in general.....it was entertaining

I am sure a super nerd like Kris Zellner would have known that but I had no idea.

Yes that was the name of the move.

In other news, Tommy Rich was at my job today posting a flyer for an upcoming show he is on with Thunderbolt Patterson & The Rock n Roll Express and of course I was in a totally different area of the building and didn't get to see him.